Scotland vs Cyprus saturday match thread

Oleksandr

16 hours ago, KillieMogwai said:

I am still a wee bit saddened when Scottish folk say they don't support Scotland.

It's always been club AND country for me. I suspect some of those who don't follow anymore have just been scunnered having their heart broken over and over again by various teams and managers. I hope if Clarke does turn the ship around, then they come back on board.

But those who marvel at their own audacity to not support Scotland, who revel in their own edginess, you should know you are just a bunch of tragic pub-bores.

What a bunch of p***ks. They've usually got an English team as well. 

Totally agree, it really annoys me when they refer to Scotland as "You" or "They". 

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Every fair to middling team has it's weak positions.  Scotland are in that bracket.  Other nations just seem to have the guy on the sideline to can combat it.

I get the impression we lack versatility. We don't seem to have many if any players we could bring on to change things around or offer something new. 

49 minutes ago, Estragon said:

What was being said?

Think there were a couple of comments asking what he was doing there. To be honest, I wasn't there so I don't know exactly how bad it was but I'd like to think that being there to support Scotland would take precedence over club loyalties, at least for 90 minutes.

7 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Think there were a couple of comments asking what he was doing there. To be honest, I wasn't there so I don't know exactly how bad it was but I'd like to think that being there to support Scotland would take precedence over club loyalties, at least for 90 minutes.

There's a group of us who regularly go to the games who support Ayr, Killie, Rangers, Celtic, Hearts and even Junior fitba and I can honestly say I've never seen any issue in the NS.

I have on the odd occasion that I've been behind the goals (on both sides) come across a few nutters who like to shout, swear and criticise their own team but as I say just a few and they're usually told to shut the fcuk up.

At the end of the day, you're there as a Scotland fan and your club side should NEVER come into it.

5 hours ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

That de-escalated quickly.    

Doesn't matter what club you support when it comes to the national team.   All are welcome unless you're a unionist c**t.   

So the majority of the country is not welcome to support the Scottish national team??

18 minutes ago, edinabear said:

So the majority of the country is not welcome to support the Scottish national team??

The majority of Scottish people, who are the ones who would support Scotland after all, are not unionists.  

6 hours ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

. To be honest, I wasn't there so I don't know exactly how bad it was 

Fucking hell. Probably nothing then aye? 

I was at the game with three Celtic fans, absolutely nothing was said about the team they support. 

Only time I've ever seen anything towards Rangers fans was when a few absolute nuggets in front of me were giving all the Celtic based Scotland players a power of abuse all game. 

They got rightly slaughtered for it

3 minutes ago, Kuro said:

The majority of Scottish people, who are the ones who would support Scotland after all, are not unionists.  

I think a referendum and several votes since have confirmed otherwise. Do you think it's a good thing that the club who has provided the highest number of capped Scottish players and whose supporters used to be the majority of TA now, for whatever reason, are isolated from the national team. Scottish football is hating itself to death.

1 minute ago, edinabear said:

I think a referendum and several votes since have confirmed otherwise. Do you think it's a good thing that the club who has provided the highest number of capped Scottish players and whose supporters used to be the majority of TA now, for whatever reason, are isolated from the national team. Scottish football is hating itself to death.

Actually no fannies like you have been trying to hate Scotland to death for a long time.  I think itd be a good thing if you fucked off.

That de-escalated quickly.    

Doesn't matter what club you support when it comes to the national team.   All are welcome unless you're a unionist c**t.   
Not really. You asked how they knew he was a Rangers fan and I responded that they found this out before the game. He told me that he got comments throughout the game and I have no reason to doubt that.

Also, he isn't a Unionist.

Just now, AyrTroopMajor said:

Not really. You asked how they knew he was a Rangers fan and I responded that they found this out before the game. He told me that he got comments throughout the game and I have no reason to doubt that.

Also, he isn't a Unionist.

Probably no business supporting Rangers then as they are a unionist club.  He should reassess if they reflect his outlook.

Probably no business supporting Rangers then as they are a unionist club.  He should reassess if they reflect his outlook.
A point I make to him on a regular basis but they are his local team and he follows his father's team as I'm sure 90% of us do

3 minutes ago, Kuro said:

Actually no fannies like you have been trying to hate Scotland to death for a long time.  I think itd be a good thing if you fucked off.

Hahaha, very intelligent, levelled response there.

Just now, AyrTroopMajor said:
2 minutes ago, Kuro said:

A point I make to him on a regular basis but they are his local team and he follows his father's team as I'm sure 90% of us do

Are they though?  How local?  Cause Clydebanl, Paisley, Motherwell etc isn't local.  If he's from about a third of Glasgow you could say that.  Even then he doesn't HAVE to support them.

Archived