Ayrshire 2019 - 2020 Rumourmill

B.R

5 minutes ago, heeders said:

Same all over mate too many teams not enough to commiTed players due to loads of factor. There's defo not the same level of commitment in the younger players as there was 10  15 year ago 

Too true m8

Gutted for Hurlford Ammies and big Marc although in chatting too him earlier he gives the impression he's relieved. Incredible job been done there over the years and will be a huge loss to the amateur game. As discussed earlier in thread player loyalty is a thing off the past 

21 minutes ago, 4-3-3R said:

Players are loyal to themselves and what is going on in their own lives.

Agreed but I also think they are loyal too fellow players rather than teams. If one player leaves a club you find that there or four follow. That's Ardrossan and Hurlford away and if I was a betting man I don't think they will be the only two before season starts 

Agreed but I also think they are loyal too fellow players rather than teams. If one player leaves a club you find that there or four follow. That's Ardrossan and Hurlford away and if I was a betting man I don't think they will be the only two before season starts 

Who else?

13 hours ago, BingeDrinker said:

Gutted for Hurlford Ammies and big Marc although in chatting too him earlier he gives the impression he's relieved. Incredible job been done there over the years and will be a huge loss to the amateur game. As discussed earlier in thread player loyalty is a thing off the past 

I dinnae hink the big guy wull b oot the game fur long. A lot o clubs will want him involved he's well respected n the game. I luvved playin against his team's o'er the years 

1 hour ago, eyeswideopen15 said:
1 hour ago, blue999 said:

Hurlford thistle, shortlees and new farm will be hoovering up all the players in killie and surrounding areas.

I think Hurlford Thistle will have to go further a field that killie to find players that want to play with them. I have a feeling the cheque book will be open very soon

They opened it tae keep the wans they hud or they were all shootin the craw. Nae sod wants tae play wae them fur nuthin. The boy curry couldnae get awa quick enuff 

10 minutes ago, PenaltyShootOut said:

They opened it tae keep the wans they hud or they were all shootin the craw. Nae sod wants tae play wae them fur nuthin. The boy curry couldnae get awa quick enuff 

Can't help but think that HT were a reason for the ammies folding. Couldn't have been easy sharing a pub with a team that took your best players off you. Currie, McNally and wee Ted were huge players for the ammies 

Can't help but think that HT were a reason for the ammies folding. Couldn't have been easy sharing a pub with a team that took your best players off you. Currie, McNally and wee Ted were huge players for the ammies 
As they put it themselves it's just another fallen team in the world of ayrshire amatuer game of thrones

What’s happening with thistle, shortlees, ardeer, glenburn? Not heard anything about big signings. Are a few going to struggle this year? Players jumping ship? Have the players these teams have enough? Who’s the best going about in that premier the now? Defenders, mids, strikers? Not followed the ams for few years due to nephew playing at Saltcoats. He’s back ams now
It's been very quiet on the signing front in the premier this season. Ayrshire as a whole will be worse of next season with alot of top players going junior. Guys like Knapp, Patterson, Curry, Fryr,Wilson and even Banks will he a huge loss to their teams. Not heard of many players making the opposite move from decent junior level to amateur other than the signings Mauchline have made. All that being said I think at amatuer level teams are worried about announcing big signings incase thistle or junior teams flash the cheque book at them before a ball is even kicked.

What’s happening with thistle, shortlees, ardeer, glenburn? Not heard anything about big signings. Are a few going to struggle this year? Players jumping ship? Have the players these teams have enough? Who’s the best going about in that premier the now? Defenders, mids, strikers? Not followed the ams for few years due to nephew playing at Saltcoats. He’s back ams now

Shortlees got beat 4-2 off wishaw
Ardeer won 4-2 against Glasgow harp
Glenburn won 6-2 against drongan

Shortlees v Wishaw High School FPs was a cracker of a game yeserday. I know we were on the correct end of the scoreline but some cracking football and goals from both sides. All about getting match fitness and sharpness back at this stage of the season and both sides had players missing for one reason or another. Excellent hospitality from Shortlees back in their pub afterwards which was greatly appreciated. We wish Shortlees all the very best for the season ahead. We now host another Ayrshire outfit this Saturday up at Wishaw Sports Centre in Glenburn and going by their result yesterday this should be another game well worth watching.