Perthshire Cup

47 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

+ AN Other

12 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

For now you could maybe just do Jeanfield v Kinnoull qualify to play St Johnstone for the Cup?

Perthshire Supercup?

7 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

If juniors and ammys  can play in the Scottish then no reason  Coupar Angus,Luncarty, Scone and ermm Invergowrie couldnt play in it.

Perthshire Qualifying Cup?

Edited by HibeeJibee

6 hours ago, gogsy said:

Reform Fair City Athletic:) Or get Breadalbane back in the seniors :)

I spent hours in Perth library searching out details for the various Perthshire cups. Pretty extensive list of results up to 56/7 season here

http://scottish-football-historical-archive.co.nf/perthshire-cup.htm

I’m I missing something glaringly obvious or (apart from Port-na-Craig) have Pitlochry never had a decent team?

Has it always been like Aviemore where it looks like a descent sized village, but nobody ACTUALLY lives there?

3 hours ago, Spyro said:

I’m I missing something glaringly obvious or (apart from Port-na-Craig) have Pitlochry never had a decent team?

Has it always been like Aviemore where it looks like a descent sized village, but nobody ACTUALLY lives there?

As far as I can tell, to live in Pitlochry you have to be at least 70.

1 minute ago, gogsy said:

Vale of Atholl were the senior team playing out of Pitlochry

There it is! There was me thinking they were from Blair Atholl...

Hopefully we see a decent team coming from there soon, Breadalbane in the HL would be nice but they seem nowhere near that stage yet, or destine for the EoS setup

On 15/06/2019 at 10:39, Spyro said:

There it is! There was me thinking they were from Blair Atholl...

Hopefully we see a decent team coming from there soon, Breadalbane in the HL would be nice but they seem nowhere near that stage yet, or destine for the EoS setup

Why would we? All the amateur teams from up that way are dreadful. Breadalbane, Vale of Atholl and Ballinluig are all very poor.

54 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Why would we? All the amateur teams from up that way are dreadful. Breadalbane, Vale of Atholl and Ballinluig are all very poor.

Purely on the basis that it’s a beautiful part of the country, there’s not a team for miles and would be an awesome away day... I am fully aware that they’re all “nowhere near that stage yet” and will likely never be.

But while Fort William manage to enter a team in the HL every season when most of the best footballers in the area are playing shinty, never say never. Especially if there is eventually a league or 2 below the HL for them to at least be competitive in if they were to sweep up all the best players from the area...

Edited by Spyro

The problem with Highland Perthshire, and IMO with Fort William, is that young people either leave- permanently or in the uni terms- or are employed in weekend economies based around tourism leaving little opportunity for a football team to properly establish itself 

2 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

The problem with Highland Perthshire, and IMO with Fort William, is that young people either leave- permanently or in the uni terms- or are employed in weekend economies based around tourism leaving little opportunity for a football team to properly establish itself 

Yeah very true, same with the borders situation at the moment. Great league setup down there, just not enough young lads able to commit their time to teams for a whole season

Geographically off topic but I thought similar to this with the Stirlingshire Cup when the ex-juniors joined the senior ranks....ditch the nonsense of having Dumbarton in and retain Alloa, as Clacks is just a kid-on county anyway...would give you Stenhousemuir, Falkirk, Stirling, East Stirling, Alloa, Camelon, Bo’ness and Dunipace... a tidy little 8-team tournament with new local rivalry matches.

Don’t see much appetite for these county cups anymore, especially with the current League Cup format but if they were to return they’d at least be freshened up with the new senior members.

Edited by Christophe

2 minutes ago, Christophe said:

Alloa vs Sauchie play off then to see what wee county minnow gets to play with the big boys! 

Clackmannanshire Cup, IMO, winner enters Stirlingshire Cup.

However you've also forgotten University of Stirling. Extricate yourself from that...