Semi Finals

lichtie23

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:
6 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:
I reckon they'd stick five or six past our lot.

I think that's unlikely given that USA and England both only beat us by a single goal, and both appeared to be substantially better than Sweden. They only beat us 1-0 over there two years ago.

I'm slightly at it, but I wouldn't want to see Scotland vs the USA in a competitive World Cup fixture.   As for Sweden, I think Blackstineous, or whatever her name is, is a class above any of the Scottish players, and the difference between their keeper and ours is massive.  

2 hours ago, red23 said:

Will be pretty happy when the udders and axewound world cup is over. The first 9 (NINE) articles on the BBC were about the womans world cup. They really are pushing hard.

I don't normally see your posts because I muted you, but I saw this one as someone else quote-replied to you and I can't resist the bait.

The terms you use are pure misogyny. You're just reducing women to their sex organs. You really need to have a think about your attitudes to half the population, because they're really awful. It's the kind of language you'd get from someone who's violent towards women.

Last night's game was the most watched TV programme in the UK so far in 2019. That's pretty huge. Your crushing insecurities might be assuaged by sweeping women off into a dark corner somewhere, but the game's over my friend. There's only one direction women's football is going to go and the more you whine about it, the more of a pathetic loser you show yourself to be.

You'll be happier when you just accept that women are people too.

2 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Wait, is she being stretchered off because the ball hit her?!

From what I saw I wouldn't be surprised if she's dislocated her jaw or something like that. She wasn't ready for the impact. 

Thought neither side performed well. Really enjoyed the Swedes v Germany and the Dutch have scored some cracking goals. 

Cuthbert for Scotland  at least can match any other best players. Don’t like to criticise Scotland goalie but a couple of poor goals conceded imo. Though some good saves. 

Hope the European champs beat the world champions.

interesting hearing ms solo telling how in the us national team is priority over club . Funny how the yanks are quite the opposite in sports compared to their survival of the fittest society.

16 hours ago, GordonS said:

I don't normally see your posts because I muted you, but I saw this one as someone else quote-replied to you and I can't resist the bait.

The terms you use are pure misogyny. You're just reducing women to their sex organs. You really need to have a think about your attitudes to half the population, because they're really awful. It's the kind of language you'd get from someone who's violent towards women.

Last night's game was the most watched TV programme in the UK so far in 2019. That's pretty huge. Your crushing insecurities might be assuaged by sweeping women off into a dark corner somewhere, but the game's over my friend. There's only one direction women's football is going to go and the more you whine about it, the more of a pathetic loser you show yourself to be.

he is clearly massively insecure about something - either directly by women or manifesting his insecurity through gender. He doesn't appear to know how to compensate for that insecurity and therefore his life, and general outlook, must be quite awful. I genuinely feel quite sorry for him. 

16 hours ago, GordonS said:

So you think the quality of football on show is good? or do you need to ogle at woman you can't get near?

Guest Bob Mahelp
20 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I'm slightly at it, but I wouldn't want to see Scotland vs the USA in a competitive World Cup fixture.   As for Sweden, I think Blackstineous, or whatever her name is, is a class above any of the Scottish players, and the difference between their keeper and ours is massive.  

Like most, I'll admit that I only had a passing interest in the woman's game before Scotland qualified for the world cup.

While qualifying was admirable, the warning signs were there in the last 2 years that our whole defence (including the keeper) were absolutely brutal in comparison with the defences of the better teams. Conceding goals in pretty much every single game in the last 18 or so was a bit of a give-away.

And so it proved. 

We have a couple of top-class players in Cuthbert and Little, a few middling to reasonable players in the likes of Weir etc., and a set of lumbering, weak, panicky, naive defenders in Howard, Beattie, Smith, Corsie et al.

Ultimately, the defence and to a lesser extent the keeper, were our undoing. 

Like you said though, I would have hated to see them against the likes of France, Holland and the USA. It would have been painful.