Semi Finals

lichtie23

4 minutes ago, miloman said:

That's the one, someone Cannonball as well?
Aye, thought I was the top dog with them!

And Kenny Cox, the borstal kid who was good at football.

Gregson’s golden goals and a tennis player called Bagley spring to mind too.

Guest DAVIDB69
And Kenny Cox, the borstal kid who was good at football.
Gregson’s golden goals and a tennis player called Bagley spring to mind too.

DC Thomson mag would imagine you would get them on eBay

Is a marginal decision like that really a 'clear and obvious error'?

On this I differently on (some)offsides as I do for fouls. A lot of stuff that happens on a pitch requires a human interpretation that can only be judged fully by the ref on the pitch, was that slight contact enough to put the player down, have I let to opposition away with similar to allow the game to flow etc. In those scenarios I think it’s wrong to the re-judge things through video, VAR should only intervene when refs interpretation can’t be true, when the striker has dived or the ball hasn’t in fact hit the defenders arm.

On offsides the judgement that needs to be made is on thing like interfering with play.

If a player is in a offside position when the ball is played isn’t up to interpretation, its fact. And if the linesman/ref don’t call that correctly then it is a clear and obvious error, the video shows them to be absolutely wrong, that’s as clear as it get.

To use a bad analogy it’s not clear if shades of grey is black or white(some fouls) however it is clear if a number is greater that 1, doesn’t matter if it’s 1.01 it’s still clear

1 minute ago, miloman said:

This Goalie's Got Guts..

Buster Bagley??

Odd how I can remember random stuff like Bagley’s nemesis was a guy called Cortez, and the striker in Ben Leiper’s team was a beardy chap called Jimmy Worth. All but four of that team died in a plane crash IIRC.

Except that there is still a margin of error associated with offside decisions on VAR. It relies on a human selecting the exact frame of footage where the ball was struck, and correctly identifying the correct part on each player's body to draw the offside lines.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Except that there is still a margin of error associated with offside decisions on VAR. It relies on a human selecting the exact frame of footage where the ball was struck, and correctly identifying the correct part on each player's body to draw the offside lines.

This will become extremely important if VAR continues to be used in the way it is. 

Odd how I can remember random stuff like Bagley’s nemesis was a guy called Cortez, and the striker in Ben Leiper’s team was a beardy chap called Jimmy Worth. All but four of that team died in a plane crash IIRC.
Did Leiper not get knocked out saving a pen against Scotland?

The margin of error, in theory, exists on the initial call. The VAR decision, in theory, is entirely objective. I’m not saying you are wrong, but the law says otherwise.

The Dutch winger with the cropped hair is terrible.

Will be pretty happy when the udders and axewound world cup is over. The first 9 (NINE) articles on the BBC were about the womans world cup. They really are pushing hard.

As they should be. Nothing this off season has come close in terms of importance. Man Utd have a bid turned down?

Edit: I’m seeing Man City, Felix and Spurs in the first five as well. It’s all about the time of day.