Billy Gilmour

Kuro

3 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

I'd have Gilmour ahead of all three you've just mentioned. However, McGinn, McTominay and McGregor, I imagine, would get the nod ahead of him to start. 

I don't necessarily disagree and would put Fleck in that conversation too. The only reasons I can see for not starting Gilmour are a lack of experience (which doesn't seem to have held him back so far) or wanting to keep continuity (which I have a bit more sympathy with).

Jack or McLean would be making up the numbers and are a level below the other 5 mentioned. Shinnie is miles off the standard required and should be nowhere near the squad when you look at our depth in that position.

Edited by Marshmallo

14 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Right decision, do or die play-offs not the sort of games you want to drop an 18 year old into with 2 senior starts IMO.

Prime example of the timid, shitebag attitude too many hold. Frank Lampard knows him better than me or you and had absolutely no qualms dropping him into a "do or die" cup match with the best team in Europe. But apparently Scotland need to protect this wee 18 year old guy from the pressures of playing Israel at Hampden.

Lets just hope Steve Clarke sees sense and calls him up.

9 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It's not a big misquote, it's literally what he said. He's clearly out-grown the U21s, considering his own club think he's too good to be training with U23s. If Chelsea think he's better than U23 level, and trust him in games against Liverpool and Everton, why the f**k are we naming him in U21s? 

We're just behind everyone else with this stuff, mainly because we're timid wee shitebags and allow fucking arseholes like MacKay to think their opinion is actually right or important.

He's been average for the Scotland U21s though. 

Throwing him into a playoff game with a bunch of guys he's never met never mind played with makes no sense when you have McGregor and Fleck to play that role. It would be a different equation if he was a match winner in the final third. 

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Prime example of the timid, shitebag attitude too many hold. Frank Lampard knows him better than me or you and had absolutely no qualms dropping him into a "do or die" cup match with the best team in Europe. But apparently Scotland need to protect this wee 18 year old guy from the pressures of playing Israel at Hampden.

Lets just hope Steve Clarke sees sense and calls him up.

The hysteria is a sight to behold 😂

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Throwing him into a playoff game with a bunch of guys he's never met never mind played with makes no sense when you have McGregor and Fleck to play that role. It would be a different equation if he was a match winner in the final third. 

Tbf, i don't think many folk are saying he should be starting straight away, it's just to not have someone in his form and at his level in the squad altogether is what is causing the frustration. He might still be called up to the senior squad anyway so it could be for nothing. 

8 minutes ago, Detournement said:

That's where your football intelligence come to the end. Thinking the attcking players as all and all. The pin to success is a team, all players connect and having a guy on fire sitting pulling strings to MAke these guys score the winners, stop the goal is the heeeeehay of fotball.

I';m goiing full on fuckingt batter some c**t just now.

Eta I dont know how that disco music got onto this thread.

Dancing my life away

Edited by SlipperyP

Just now, Detournement said:

Except nobody has said "throw him into the game",  they've said "this guy could potentially be one of the best we've ever produced, surely it makes sense to integrate him into the full squad as soon as possible". And as usual we're humming and hawing over it because we're huge shitebags.

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

The hysteria is a sight to behold 😂

Sigh. You're better than this "seething" nonsense, Burnie. 

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

Correct.  I have watched almost all U21 games he has featured in.  He has undoubted talent, no question, but he has failed to materially influence the game.  The U21's haven't scored in three games.

He is also surrounded by world class players at Chelsea, drop him into a less that world class Scotland midfield, in a pressure cooker environment, win or bust game, one of the biggest in the last decade or more, with people expecting him to do something, and we expect what exactly. Is it a case of sink or swim?

He has 16/18 years ahead of him in a Scotland shirt if he continues like he has so far.  I asked a Chelsea ST holder (and Scotland regular) mate about him and his answer was "not yet".

This isn't a game to experiment.  That's even if it goes ahead, which I very much doubt it will.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Sigh. You're better than this "seething" nonsense, Burnie. 

I'm far from being a cautious dinosaur as you well know, and if this was a run-of-the-mill qualifier then I'd be all for us giving him a go off the bench or whatever.  I  think this game has come at the wrong time, it's win or bust.

Too many people have been sucked in by the hype.  We've been here before.

I'm far from being a cautious dinosaur as you well know, and if this was a run-of-the-mill qualifier then I'd be all for us giving him a go off the bench or whatever.  I  think this game has come at the wrong time, it's win or bust.

It is win or bust but having watched him he is swaggering about dictating games at a level way above Scotland v Israel, i am well aware the same quality wont be around him and international football is different but if he plays well in the next Chelsea game he must be included. We are a weaker team without him, get him in the middle of the park with Mctom and Mcgreg and let him do his stuff.

Don't understand this nonsense tbh. We brought Darren Fletcher off the bench for his second cap in a win or bust qualifier against Lithuania and he reeked in a volley from the edge of the box to win us the game. That goal took us to the play-offs. He'd only just broken into the Manchester United team too. If you're good enough, you're old enough. Experience can f**k off, it's gotten us nowhere.

7 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

100% it's fucking great, stop being so negitive.  live the dream ffs That's why you watch the game....come on get on the horse, it's not that much a fall.

21 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The U21s isn't real football. He is surrounded by muck like Lewis Moore and Glenn Middleton, managed by a brain donor and he's watching the ball fly over his head every 30 seconds.

He's strolling it for one of the best teams in the world against Liverpool and Everton and you're concerned about how he did in a youth game last year.

9 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

The U21s isn't real football. He is surrounded by muck like Lewis Moore and Glenn Middleton, managed by a brain donor and he's watching the ball fly over his head every 30 seconds.

How many U21 games have you watched? 

Any c**t types the words "aye, he doesn't have the same quality of players around him like Chelsea"

Are we the only nation that thinks its a negative to play our best players, what the fucks that all about. Messi would have about 3 caps if he was Scottish, those 3  would be in dead rubbers. too see if he was good at the back post (defending).

C'mon Scotland pick yourself up from this negative shite.