Billy Gilmour

Kuro

4 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Harry Souttar wasn't bossing it against Liverpool, and then Everton in the same wk. And having pundits jumping off their seats in amazement.

So nothing like harry Souttar

Whoooosh 😂

Edited by Burnie_man

2 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Roy Keane is one of the best midfielders the game has ever seen.  He called Gilmour 'world class'.  Answer the question, why is now not the time?  Why would you not pick one of your best players for the biggest game you've played in 17 years?

One of our best players after 2 senior starts, you need to calm yer kegs mate.

Just now, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

So you don't think thats true?  What players do we have that you would say are better players than Gilmour right now?  I would say none, not even Andy Robertson.  What about you?

I think Harry Souttar trumps them all Pep.

3 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

One of our best players after 2 senior starts, you need to calm yer kegs mate.

It only took a few starts at Man Utd for everyone to realise McTominay was going to be one of best midfielders we have. Gilmour should be no different.

1 minute ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Roy Keane is one of the best midfielders the game has ever seen.  He called Gilmour 'world class'.  Answer the question, why is now not the time?  Why would you not pick one of your best players for the biggest game you've played in 17 years?

Let him train with the squad, if he's significantly better than what we have currently then he can start. If hes not then go with players with more experience and who have already played together. The shoehorning of him to play where we actually have decent players is ridiculous. I would understand if he was a centre back or a right back  but we already have the likes of Mcginn, Mctominay and Mcgregor.

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

I think Harry Souttar trumps them all Pep.

So you can't name anyone.  Obviously our best player should be in the squad then, no-brainer.

The only limitation I would make with his age is with two massive games quite close together, I wouldn't play him full ninety in either most likely, but he'd be starting against Israel.  He's just better than the alternatives, making it a very easy deicion to make.

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

Let him train with the squad, if he's significantly better than what we have currently then he can start. If hes not then go with players with more experience and who have already played together. The shoehorning of him to play where we actually have decent players is ridiculous. I would understand if he was a centre back or a right back  but we already have the likes of Mcginn, Mctominay and Mcgregor.

McGinn and McGregor do not play the same role, and McGinn isn't fit.  For that role we have Jack and McTominay that's it.

Just now, The Moonster said:

It only took a few starts at Man Utd for everyone to realise McTominay was going to be one of best midfielders we have. Gilmour should be no different.

Did it? think he had around 20 appearances for Man Utd before he debuted, in a friendly........it took him a while to decide if he was English or Scottish.

10 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

See below

4 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

So in summary, we should leave out one of our stars of the future who is starting games and winning MOTM awards for Chelsea and call up Shinnie and Jack because:

- U21 games are "very competitive"

- "football manager roasters" might complain on the internet if he doesn't start

- It's a big game (I'd have thought this means you should call up your better players)

- He plays with better players at Chelsea

- A singular definitely real Chelsea season ticket holder said "not yet"

- He's "been average for the Scotland U21s" in games played months ago.

Well that's me convinced. I'm sure he'll pick up loads working with Scot Gemmell and spraying the ball to Jamie Gullan or Louis Appere.

So you can't name anyone.  Obviously our best player should be in the squad then, no-brainer.

The only limitation I would make with his age is with two massive games quite close together, I wouldn't play him full ninety in either most likely, but he'd be starting against Israel.  He's just better than the alternatives, making it a very easy deicion to make.

Sorry, anyone who thinks Harry Souttar is world class is someone to avoid, Pep.

10 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Roy Keane is one of the best midfielders the game has ever seen.

Roy Keane is one the worst managers the game has ever seen and wouldn't spot a decent player if one megged him, basing your opinion on a player based on an absolute charlatan of a managers opinion is like asking Fred West for decorating tips.

Just now, Junior Pub League said:

Roy Keane is one the worst managers the game has ever seen and wouldn't spot a decent player if one megged him, basing your opinion on a player based on an absolute charlatan of a managers opinion is like asking Fred West for decorating tips.

Aye pretty good fuckin midfielder though and definitely knows a good one of them.  You fuckin idiot.

Aye pretty good fuckin midfielder though and definitely knows a good one of them.  You fuckin idiot.

Well his managerial history would suggest he doesn't know a decent player but hey you carry on believing what he tells you.

Being a good midfielder doesn't automatically make you a decent talent spotter.

1 minute ago, Junior Pub League said:

Well his managerial history would suggest he doesn't know a decent player but hey you carry on believing what he tells you.

Being a good midfielder doesn't automatically make you a decent talent spotter.

Shut up.  Management is about forty million things other than being able to spot a player.

If you're telling me one of the best midfielders the game has ever seen isn't a good judge of a midfielder you're going on ignore.  

The arrogance of fans astonishes me sometimes, Roy Keane isn't a good judge of a midfielder lol, and who is?  You?  Lol

5 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Did it? think he had around 20 appearances for Man Utd before he debuted, in a friendly........it took him a while to decide if he was English or Scottish.

There were plenty on here saying get him in the side as soon as he made a few starts, and we had the usual folk (as we do now) saying "it's too soon, he needs to play more". He could probably have been bedded into the team maybe a year earlier. It's also completely false to say he "took some time" to decide whether to play for us or England, it took us time to ask him to play, but McTominay agreed instantly when called up by McLeish and even stated afterwards that he always wanted to represent Scotland.

3 minutes ago, Junior Pub League said:

Frank Lampard appears a pretty decent manager, was a top class midfielder and has an IQ score of 150. He also sees Billy Gilmour play every day. Do you think he's in a good position to critique Gilmour?