Billy Gilmour

Kuro

3 hours ago, Streets of Raith said:

Bissouma was allowed to move on precisely because they knew they had Caicedo waiting in the wings. He had proved he was up to the required level in the final quarter of last season.

Gilmour has been purchased as someone they can develop over time and he will be eventually be given the minutes to do so. 

32 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

This is how I understand it from what I have read so far. It seems to be Brightons model and the general consensus seems to be Caicedo may leave in the next summer transfer window, or at least there is plenty of interest in him. 

Could we expect Caicedo won't be allowed to leave until BG or another player has proved they're up to the required level?

1 minute ago, Loominous said:

Could we expect Caicedo won't be allowed to leave until BG or another player has proved they're up to the required level?

Correlated to that, possibly BG won't get much of a run in the team until Caicedo wins a move away (and a big cash injection for Brighton)

1 hour ago, Chewing Taffies said:

Well he isn't 2 years older is he? he is only 9 months older. I don't know why you just make things up all the time. Just like you said Gilmour wasn't asked to go on loan at Chelsea this season. Very strange.

During his loan at Norwich Skipp was their best player and got into the Championship team of the year. OK that's just the Championship but fair to say that was a good loan spell and more successful than Gilmours. And as you say Skipp has played more Premier games. Skipp plays for a Champions League team while Gilmour plays for a mid table team. As you say, not very similar.

Skipp is recovering from 2 serious injuries and is trying to get into a Champions League team. Gilmour is way off that level.

Not making it up, misread the wikipedia entry, need to wear my glasses when looking at screens. Nor did I make up that Gilmour wasn't asked to go on loan, I wasn't aware that he was. I know that Tuchel asked him to stay when he went to Norwich, and as it transpired Tuchel was already on the way out so may not have had that much say anyway. I didn't say you made it up when you said he missed the first two months of this season (he was in the match day squad in August) you were mistaken and corrected. Weird to adopt such an aggressive tone. People can be mistaken, this isn't serious business at all.

Yeah, Gilmour has never dropped down to Championship level. Probably never will, he was winning plaudits vs. Liverpool as a teenager instead and playing for his country in the Euros.

Gilmour was asked to stay at a Champions League team by the owner and forced a move instead.

Skipp is 9 months older and has one more premier league appearance.

Not very similar, we agree on that.

4 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

Not making it up, misread the wikipedia entry, need to wear my glasses when looking at screens. Nor did I make up that Gilmour wasn't asked to go on loan, I wasn't aware that he was.

Skipp is 9 months older and has one more premier league appearance.

Fair enough, maybe you should read or research things properly in the future before stating them as fact.

So a similar age with similar appearances. But Skipp has been out for long spells with injuries and plays for a Champions League team. Agreed.

Edited by Chewing Taffies

18 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:

Fair enough, maybe you should read or research things properly in the future before stating them as fact.

So a similar age with similar appearances. But Skipp has been out for long spells with injuries and plays for a Champions League team. Agreed.

Correct, same for you in saying that Skipp missed the first two months of the season with injury (he didn't, he didn't even miss the first month - he was in an August match day squad.).

Gilmour could have easily stayed at Chelsea, whose owner vocally wanted to keep him. I guess if he had he would play for a Champions League team.

11 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

Correct, same for you in saying that Skipp missed the first two months of the season with injury (he didn't, he didn't even miss the first month - he was in an August match day squad.).

Well he got injured mid July, so he missed pre-season matches as well (he was a starter up to that point in pre-season matches). So technically he was out for almost a couple of months (back in squad 31st August). 

But at least you are now comparing Gilmour to players like Skipp which is much more realistic than comparisons to Modric 🤣

3 hours ago, Chewing Taffies said:

Well he isn't 2 years older is he? he is only 9 months older. I don't know why you just make things up all the time. Just like you said Gilmour wasn't asked to go on loan at Chelsea this season. Very strange.

During his loan at Norwich Skipp was their best player and got into the Championship team of the year. OK that's just the Championship but fair to say that was a good loan spell and more successful than Gilmours. And as you say Skipp has played more Premier games. Skipp plays for a Champions League team while Gilmour plays for a mid table team. As you say, not very similar.

Skipp is recovering from 2 serious injuries and is trying to get into a Champions League team. Gilmour is way off that level.

Because he's a bellicose wee blowhard who renders threads fairly tedious by his spite filled strawman-ing and has proven pretty slippery when the facts contradict his postulations. 

Back to BG. I'm grateful for the contributions on here and hope that he gets a fucking game soon. This isn't a time for him to be sitting on the bench. 

6 hours ago, Loominous said:

Brighton seem to let players go if they want to, and a club want to pay big money for them. They let Cucurella go and didn’t have a clear replacement.

8 hours ago, Chewing Taffies said:

Well he got injured mid July, so he missed pre-season matches as well (he was a starter up to that point in pre-season matches). So technically he was out for almost a couple of months (back in squad 31st August). 

But at least you are now comparing Gilmour to players like Skipp which is much more realistic than comparisons to Modric 🤣

So he got injured mid July, and was back on the bench in August, and you think this is missing two months? Interesting hole to dig. 1.5 months almost being two months is also quite funny. Some people really can't hold their hands up and admit they got it wrong, strange, as this is completely unimportant and doesn't matter at all. I suggest you read black box thinking, admitting mistakes will help you in many areas of your life.

I was comparing him to Modric (and Kante and Jorginho) at the same age. I made that abundantly clear in my posts. And the point was there's no need for people to be terrified of Gilmours progression, currently world class players were far behind at the same age. Honestly, I don't think you read my posts properly, you wouldn't get the point so wrong if you did.

4 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:

Not as funny as 9 months being 2 years. Good to see Skipp make his 4th Champions League appearance last night. Hopefully Gilmour can do similar at that age in 2 years, sorry, 9 months time.

I admitted the mistake right away, you seem completely unable to do so.

It's definitely a character flaw that will hold you back in life.

Skipp did not miss the first two months of the season, he was on the bench in August (which is the first month of the season). Admit it and move on (even if just to yourself). It really doesn't matter.

Billy Gilmour was in the Chelsea squad who won the CL (he was on the bench in the final). I don't think Skipp will be holding the trophy any time soon.

5 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:

Good lad. I will leave it there.

Oooft, you really need to read black box thinking 😂

Complete unwillingness to face that you made an error. Even one completely unimportant and inconsequential. I didn't know people like you still existed.

Edited by Satoshi

12 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Had a run out today. Got just over 10 minutes.

BG paired up with Alexis McAllister as the left sided central midfield when he came on while Caicedo ended up moving across to left back to fill the gap left by Estupinan. Veltman came on after Brighton took the lead to cover left back freeing Brighton to play a three of Caicedo, McAllister and BG in the central midfield area as the game was closed out.

BG's performance was alright, nothing spectacular - neat and tidy, but fits in quite well to De Zerbi's system led philosophy. He looks to me like he would be ready to either start or play a larger period of minutes in Brightons League cup game against Arsenal. Sadly the World Cup break might come at a bad time for him as he is gaining momentum but on the plus side I think he could be considered to start for Scotland against Turkey.