Billy Gilmour

Kuro

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

This. Some ridiculous claims and comparisons if you look some pages back. If he was a striker or a right back then you would understandably want him fast tracked but Scotland have some very decent midfielders at the moment so the fanfare was a bit strange.

2 hours ago, Aufc said:

I think people need to
Temper their expectations. He has played well in a few games but he has hardly had a decent run of games. Tuchel obviously likes him but they are going for a top 4 place so he wont be a starter.

I cant imagine he was ever going to make the euro squad. He is only 19. He is training with some of the worlds best players so it is hardly like he is training with the reserves.

I think its blindingly obvious hes going to be our best player soon.

Its not like people are going on to the same extent about any other young player. Only him.

Its easy to sit on the fence.

Time will tell, if im wrong im wrong. But I'm happy to be positive and predict hes going to be a brilliant player.

Its not like people are going on to the same extent about any other young player. Only him.
Time will tell, if im wrong im wrong. But I'm happy to be positive and predict hes going to be a brilliant player.
I think you're right that he will become a top talent. I didn't go along with the idea that he had to be in the Euros squad tho. I'd love for him to have been ready for it but I feared Lampard wasn't going to give him quite enough exposure to top team football to have him prepared for it. Then Tuchel comes along and f*cks it all by brushing him away to the youth squad.

I agree. A midfield of him, mctominay and mcginn gives me a semi. However, his time will come

You're acting like he's a 16 year old who should just be happy to be there. He's 20 in a couple of months, he's not a youth player anymore. He's been promoted from the Academy at Chelsea for over 18 months now, and has still made less than 20 appearances for them. We need him playing games as a matter of urgency, for our own benefit. I think he's already good enough to be in our squad, perhaps even first XI, but he isn't going to get the chance to show it unless he starts paying regular club football.

I am pretty relaxed about it. We have got to the euros without him. He will need to be thinking about his future but, for now, it is not the end of the world

7 hours ago, Aufc said:

I am pretty relaxed about it. We have got to the euros without him. He will need to be thinking about his future but, for now, it is not the end of the world

I dont think anybody is saying its the end of the world.

7 hours ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

You're acting like he's a 16 year old who should just be happy to be there. He's 20 in a couple of months, he's not a youth player anymore. He's been promoted from the Academy at Chelsea for over 18 months now, and has still made less than 20 appearances for them. We need him playing games as a matter of urgency, for our own benefit. I think he's already good enough to be in our squad, perhaps even first XI, but he isn't going to get the chance to show it unless he starts paying regular club football.

But I'd completely agree with this.

I think if he had been playing regularly he would have been in the squad. And most likely the team.

He may turn out to be as good as we all hope (scotland fans on here anyway). And yet fail to ever make it to a major final.

Didn’t even get a 5/10 minutes at the end there despite them cruising it against 10 men.
They did bring two left backs off the bench though. It really can’t be doing his confidence any good.
I know he scored straight away but putting Emerson into midfield was a real slap in the face. If he doesn't start on Sunday then he's in a really bad place.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/mar/19/scotland-should-pick-billy-gilmour-chelsea-says-thomas-tuchel

What an arrogant c**t.

He says Scotland 'should not be worried about Gilmour's ability to compete' well he clearly fuckin is. Arsehole of a man.  

I think a bit of guilt showing here too that he's done a kid out of his chance to play at a major tournament, and there's no guarantee he'll get another one.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/mar/19/scotland-should-pick-billy-gilmour-chelsea-says-thomas-tuchel
What an arrogant c**t.
He says Scotland 'should not be worried about Gilmour's ability to compete' well he clearly fuckin is. Arsehole of a man.  
I think a bit of guilt showing here too that he's done a kid out of his chance to play at a major tournament, and there's no guarantee he'll get another one.
It's almost like he's employed by Chelsea and not the SFA...

45 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:
1 hour ago, HalfCutNinja said:
What an arrogant c**t.

It's almost like he's employed by Chelsea and not the SFA...

Of course he is, so he should keep his mouth shut about the Scotland team then shouldn't he?

What an arrogant c**t.
Think that's a fair article, he clearly thinks Gilmour is a good player but has 3 ahead of him. His job is to Chelsea, and if Gilmour made his decision knowing this then so be it. Stevie Clarke makes his own decisions but not sure that article is negative in anyway

30 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
11 hours ago, HalfCutNinja said:
What an arrogant c**t.

Think that's a fair article, he clearly thinks Gilmour is a good player but has 3 ahead of him. His job is to Chelsea, and if Gilmour made his decision knowing this then so be it. Stevie Clarke makes his own decisions but not sure that article is negative in anyway

He states in the article it wasn't Gilmour's decision it was his. Gilmour had no choice.

Of course his concern is Chelsea, but he's also done a kid out of his chance of playing at a major tournament so he can sit in the stands incase someone gets injured. 

Now he regularly features two LB's on the bench instead of Gilmour, and brought them both on ahead of him the other night.

If Gilmour was allowed to go out on loan he probably gets in the squad for the Euros. Tuchel's concern isn't Scotland or Gilmour but he clearly feels guilty that he's taken that away from Gilmour, and he should keep his nose out of other people's business instead of commenting on Scotland.

Its also very partronising him saying he's ready to compete when his own selections show he thinks he isn't.  Its like a burd that dumped you saying what a great guy you are.

Him not playing senior games is obviously not good for him or Scotland, at least in the short term, but to.be honest I admire Tuchel's honesty.

This is how it is. Gotta deal with it. Let's face it those other midefielders would all walk into the Scotland squad too, in fact they would get a game in nearly every national team.

Adversity is often a better teacher than success.

Edited by The Algebraist

I don't think we actually know how much Tuchel rates Gilmour - he's the last pick senior midfielder and even Emerson came on ahead of him during the week. It's all well and good saying how good he is, but until Tuchel actually gives him a second on the park against a top flight team then we can simply put that down to trying to keep a player happy/valuable.

Just now, accies1874 said:
2 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

I don't think we actually know how much Tuchel rates Gilmour - he's the last pick senior midfielder and even Emerson came on ahead of him during the week. It's all well and good saying how good he is, but until Tuchel actually gives him a second on the park against a top flight team then we can simply put that down to trying to keep a player happy/valuable.

Hes also very young. If Tuchel didn't think he was any good he could easily have sold him.

And the fact he's talking him up is also positive. I doubt he would be saying good things about him in the press, if he didn't rate him.

Id obviously still rather see him on the park. And wish he would have been allowed the loan move he/we needed.

2 hours ago, The Algebraist said:

Him not playing senior games is obviously not good for him or Scotland, at least in the short term, but to.be honest I admire Tuchel's honesty.

This is how it is. Gotta deal with it. Let's face it those other midefielders would all walk into the Scotland squad too, in fact they would get a game in nearly every national team.

Adversity is often a better teacher than success.

I don't think it is honest. I think its patronising and if anything dishonest.

He says that just cause you don't manage to make it into the 18 one week it doesn't mean you're out of the picture, you could start the next game. Aye right, does anyone really believe Gilmour is going to go from not even getting onto the bench to starting out of nowhere?  He may start a cup game but that's it until the end of the season if they have a couple of dead rubbers.

So if anything its dishonest. We all know they have excellent midfielders in front of him, he would have been better not commenting at all as the only thing he can say is patronising and he shouldn't be telling another manager to pick a player he isn't picking himself.

Gilmour doesn't even make the squad of the U23s sometimes. Tuchel has a funny way of showing he rates him.

He probably DOES see the potential there, and wants him going nowhere else incase it gives him the idea to leave before he can fulfil it.