Do You Support Scottish Sides in Europe?

Kejan

Do you support Scottish teams in Europe?   

365 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 04/08/2019 at 16:48, Monkey Tennis said:

For God's sake Willy.

Academies cost money.  Scouting networks cost money.  Promising kids are attracted to sides with greater resources.  

Celtic usually win because they can afford to.  Your failure to recognise that very simple fact is laughable.

On 05/08/2019 at 12:41, Monkey Tennis said:

Celtic would have less.

Would you say Celtic earned the £25 million?

36 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The thing that makes it very different from the CL gift, is that Celtic have lost something in return for the Tierney sum.

I'm a bit confused about what your all debating here.

As far as I'm aware, again I don't mind being corrected. Celtic receive their full monies for their progression in Europe.
The monies that goes to the other clubs in their national league is extra monies that UEFA send to SFA to hand out.

the link is here     https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/news/newsid=2616265.html

and one of the points regarding the debate, bickering , whatever you wanna call it is at the bottom of the link webpage and it states

"The solidarity payments to non-participating clubs via their national associations will represent 4% of the overall gross revenues of the two competitions."

So Celtic don't share any of their money earned through their European exploits or any team in Europe.

I think that is correct ?

17 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I'm a bit confused about what your all debating here.

As far as I'm aware, again I don't mind being corrected. Celtic receive their full monies for their progression in Europe.
The monies that goes to the other clubs in their national league is extra monies that UEFA send to SFA to hand out.

the link is here     https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/news/newsid=2616265.html

and one of the points regarding the debate, bickering , whatever you wanna call it is at the bottom of the link webpage and it states

"The solidarity payments to non-participating clubs via their national associations will represent 4% of the overall gross revenues of the two competitions."

So Celtic don't share any of their money earned through their European exploits or any team in Europe.

I think that is correct ?

Yes, I'd imagine that's all accurate enough.  It certainly ties in with my understanding.

What's the problem?

5 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, it's not ideal, but is not unjust in the same way.  Celtic have lost a good player.

Would you say the solidarity payment is a CL gift from UEFA?
Or Celtic provides that gift by getting to the group stages?

Edited by wastecoatwilly

47 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Would you say the solidarity payment is a CL gift from UEFA?
Or Celtic provides that gift by getting to the group stages?

The pittance given to other clubs is rendered irrelevant by the extent to which it's dwarfed by what Celtic get.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The pittance given to other clubs is rendered irrelevant by the extent to which it's dwarfed by what Celtic get.

You've turned into a politician with your answers money.

Weeding out the flaws in your debate,400 grand is irrelevant to hamilton and livvy for doing nothing to earn it?

Edited by wastecoatwilly

3 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You've turned into a politician with your answers money.

Weeding out the flaws in your debate,400 grand is irrelevant to hamilton and livvy for doing nothing to earn it?

How do they do nothing to earn it?

Edited by Monkey Tennis