Do You Support Scottish Sides in Europe?

Kejan

Do you support Scottish teams in Europe?   

365 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

59 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

That'll maybe be why I didn't attempt to.

Maybe you should start a thread as to why fans support Celtic or rangers outside the Glasgow area.
I've been to a lot of games that didn't involve Celtic but it's getting harder because they don't have cash turnstiles any more. games are all ticket.
I would say most fans would be influenced by family members or friends feck all to do with the media or resources.

Guest Moomintroll
Maybe you should start a thread as to why fans support Celtic or rangers outside the Glasgow area.

I've been to a lot of games that didn't involve Celtic but it's getting harder because they don't have cash turnstiles any more. games are all ticket.

I would say most fans would be influenced by family members or friends feck all to do with the media or resources.

I believe that process is known as indoctrination.

I’ve heard many reasons from OF fans as to why they think they support them. The old ‘my great granny was irish’ line.

The same way aberdonian folk who’d never been to Pittodrie in their life supported Man U because of what Alex Ferguson did for Aberdeen.

I'm sure the people at Hearts and Dundee and Dunfermline all had the same idea but if you want to use rangers as an example go ahead. 
Not because of money.

Even when we were all massively overspending we were all still way behind yourselves and rangers in budget.

And given we achieved our highest league finish in years, reached cup finals and qualified for Europe then yeah the money kinda helped.

You can spend money badly and not succeed, and on occasion you can spend an limited amount and have success, but they are exceptions and rarely last.

There’s a reason Leicester haven’t backed up their title winning season and that despite making a total arse of things man united haven’t been fighting relegation.

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

You can spend money badly and not succeed, and on occasion you can spend an limited amount and have success, but they are exceptions and rarely last.

Another club were the fans stepped in to save the club,would you put it down to bad decisions or money they didn't have?

50 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Another club were the fans stepped in to save the club,would you put it down to bad decisions or money they didn't have?

Money had nothing to do with it, surely, it was a lack of football knowledge that caused the Pars' troubles.

There is no argument. Like I’ve said before, if you feel that cheering on foreign clubs in European competition is in some way improving Scottish football, then you crack on fella.

Of course I don't think it will help. 
To wish well on Celtic and Rangers in Europe  however, is senseless for a diddy fan.  That doesn't mean there will be a material effect either way.
  Once more, engage with the sensible things I do say, rather than the silly things you wish I did.

Nah, you did it because you can't muster a proper argument, because there isn't really one that supports your outlook.

Considering I don’t pay for replica kits and Celtic TV it could be said that I actually do more for the cause than you?

11 hours ago, Greenlantern said:

Considering I don’t pay for replica kits and Celtic TV it could be said that I actually do more for the cause than you?

Eh?  I can see why you've avoided attempting to construct arguments.

Which cause do you do more for than me, and how so?

47 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

Never mind Monkey. Keep fighting the good fight.

Money tennis problem is Celtic spend more dosh on disco lights than the doomhamers spend on the first team.

Blocking the roads to glasgow on game day instead of making the doomhamers more fashionable.