Do You Support Scottish Sides in Europe?

Kejan

Do you support Scottish teams in Europe?   

365 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nah, you did it because you can't muster a proper argument, because there isn't really one that supports your outlook.

There is no argument. Like I’ve said before, if you feel that cheering on foreign clubs in European competition is in some way improving Scottish football, then you crack on fella.

4 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

A) Em...cos he likes it.

B) Gosh, that's a lot of money.

Relevance?

I've never thought you can buy a team to guarantee success monkey when you have a player like messi from the age of 13.
At the top level Real Madrid galacticos never last because the players are mercenaries.
When you look at the mega rich clubs PSG,Man City trying to build their own galacticos it hasn't worked so far in terms of the big prize.
For me the first club I seen buying a league was Blackburn it's probably the reason I don't watch the mince down south.
At the level Celtic are playing at it's great to see 7 Scots in the team that finished the game.
Plus Celtic have Tierney,McGregor,Forrest and Johnston at the club from a young age just like messi.

5 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Nah, you did it because you can't muster a proper argument, because there isn't really one that supports your outlook.

Are you expecting a novel argument to be presented at this stage?

I've never thought you can buy a team to guarantee success monkey when you have a player like messi from the age of 13.
At the top level Real Madrid galacticos never last because the players are mercenaries.
When you look at the mega rich clubs PSG,Man City trying to build their own galacticos it hasn't worked so far in terms of the big prize.
For me the first club I seen buying a league was Blackburn it's probably the reason I don't watch the mince down south.
At the level Celtic are playing at it's great to see 7 Scots in the team that finished the game.
Plus Celtic have Tierney,McGregor,Forrest and Johnston at the club from a young age just like messi.
Good examples there, Man City and PSG have won f**k all since the money started getting pumped in.

7 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:
2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Good examples there, Man City and PSG have won f**k all since the money started getting pumped in.

This is a European thread they've won feck all in Europe.

6 hours ago, Greenlantern said:

There is no argument. Like I’ve said before, if you feel that cheering on foreign clubs in European competition is in some way improving Scottish football, then you crack on fella.

Despite it being you I think this is a good point well made.

I, though, am much more ameliorative and wish all Scottish clubs in Europe as much goodwill as they wish us.

17 hours ago, The OP said:

Are you expecting a novel argument to be presented at this stage?

Just an actual argument would be good.

The absence of such a thing just further establishes that there's no actual defending how things are.  Instead, we get some for whom the current unfair imbalance is pleasing, totally mischaracterising the arguments of those for whom it's not.

19 hours ago, Greenlantern said:

Of course I don't think it will help. 

To wish well on Celtic and Rangers in Europe  however, is senseless for a diddy fan.  That doesn't mean there will be a material effect either way.

Once more, engage with the sensible things I do say, rather than the silly things you wish I did.

18 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

What a remarkable coincidence that the team from thousands of miles and an ocean away that snared Messi as a child, just happened to be one of the planet's very richest.  East Fife must be kicking themselves that they let him get away.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

You don't think Celtic buy the league?!

You're correct. It isn't. It's not in the best interests fo Celtic, but it's definitely in the best interests of anyone who wants Scottish football to be more than a two horse race.
Come to think of it, I could maybe live with a two horse race if both horses weren't arseholes that keep biting each other.

When was the last time there was a two horse race with 2 teams from Glasgow. It’s another lazy Scottish Football myth.

1 hour ago, Blootoon87 said:
21 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You don't think Celtic buy the league?!

He really doesn't.

I know it sounds incredible, but Willy really does think Celtic's superiority is somehow intrinsic, and to do with"football knowledge".  I'm not kidding here - he really does.  It's marvellous.

27 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

He really doesn't.

I know it sounds incredible, but Willy really does think Celtic's superiority is somehow intrinsic, and to do with"football knowledge".  I'm not kidding here - he really does.  It's marvellous.

There is many factors in what makes any club successful,the emphasis of money and how it's used within a clubs means is where we disagree.
Success and winning is part of Celtic's DNA through out it's history with or without the dosh it hasn't changed.
There is a right way and a wrong way like we have seen in the last decade.
Having the right people is more important than having buckets of dosh.

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

There is many factors in what makes any club successful,the emphasis of money and how it's used within a clubs means is where we disagree.
Success and winning is part of Celtic's DNA through out it's history with or without the dosh it hasn't changed.
There is a right way and a wrong way like we have seen in the last decade.
Having the right people is more important than having buckets of dosh.

Really? Why didn't SAF have the same success at East Stirling as he did at Man U then?

4 hours ago, G-MAN said:

When was the last time there was a two horse race with 2 teams from Glasgow. It’s another lazy Scottish Football myth.

Preceded by 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001...

For a "lazy myth", it seems to happen very frequently.

The only reason it hasn't happened every year since is Rangers' financial collapse, and the only reason there was a gap in the mid 90s was Celtic's financial problems. It'll likely recommence this season and last for the foreseeable future. 

ETA and although 2012 was a one-horse race, Rangers were still 11 points clear of third place.

Edited by GordonS