Do You Support Scottish Sides in Europe?

Kejan

Do you support Scottish teams in Europe?   

365 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Greenlantern said:

Never mind Monkey. Keep fighting the good fight.

Ah, back to admitting you've nothing then.  Probably wise.

Genuine question:  When it comes to an outlook on politics, economics etc, are you generally wildly right wing, or do you simply reserve such a stance for football?

I’ve never wanted any other Scottish team to do well.

The Ugly Sisters, because the biggest problem with Scottish football is their dominance. Anything that reinforces their dominance , such as success in Europe is bad for the game up here. Plus I really don’t like them. I always want them to be knocked out as quickly as possible and in the most humiliating way possible. I 

Different reasons for hoping other Scottish teams get knocked out. Purely and simply , just basic inter-club rivalry with clubs that I consider to be of broadly similar stature to the Dons.  And plain jealousy of seeing some other team getting a chance to gloat.

Edited by A96

The co-efficient points are the same in the group stages whether your in the champions league or the Europa.
Scotland would get a full point if Celtic make the champions league so it's still important.
The money debate I couldn't care less getting £30 million or getting £10 million plus the other clubs getting the solidarity payment. 
For me it's all about the football I want European football until the end of the year.
European nights at paradise discotheque and hopefully a few wee nice places I've never been before. 

5 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The co-efficient points are the same in the group stages whether your in the champions league or the Europa.
Scotland would get a full point if Celtic make the champions league so it's still important.
The money debate I couldn't care less getting £30 million or getting £10 million plus the other clubs getting the solidarity payment. 
For me it's all about the football I want European football until the end of the year.
European nights at paradise discotheque and hopefully a few wee nice places I've never been before. 

@Monkey Tennis

40 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Yes, because the likelihood of teams lasting in Europe until the end of the year, is not at all impacted upon by money.

Even the other Celtic fans on here don't defend your bonkers outlook regarding football finance.

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, because the likelihood of teams lasting in Europe until the end of the year, is not at all impacted upon by money.

Even the other Celtic fans on here don't defend your bonkers outlook regarding football finance.

Each too their own monkey,your obsession with the dosh in the game clouds your judgement.
If Celtic get £30 million from the champions league they are going to build a hotel not spend it on the first team, I'm sure a lot of Celtic fans would disagree.
Plus redevelop barrowfield for the woman's team.
Having dosh and making decisions how to use the money is the biggest questions.
The solidarity payment to the rest of the clubs only comes with Celtic making the champions league.
The £400 grand in Hamilton or Livingstone's pocket is a welcome bonus to these clubs.
If Celtic only make the Europa group stages the rest of the clubs get nothing but Celtic still make £10 million.
The catch 22 and the rewards for success,the disparity is earned not handed on a plate.

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The points for wins and losses are the same in the group stages, but CL groups are guaranteed 4 bonus points with the possibility of 9(?) If the qualify for the CL last 16.

Europa League provides no bonus points until quarter finals stage.

The solidarity payment to the rest of the clubs only comes with Celtic making the champions league.
The £400 grand in Hamilton or Livingstone's pocket is a welcome bonus to these clubs.
If Celtic only make the Europa group stages the rest of the clubs get nothing but Celtic still make £10 million.
The catch 22 and the rewards for success,the disparity is earned not handed on a plate.

Football finances are relative Willy.

Do you believe that disparity in income for individuals, is always "earned" too?

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Each too their own monkey,your obsession with the dosh in the game clouds your judgement.
If Celtic get £30 million from the champions league they are going to build a hotel not spend it on the first team, I'm sure a lot of Celtic fans would disagree.
Plus redevelop barrowfield for the woman's team.
Having dosh and making decisions how to use the money is the biggest questions.

Participation in the CL is earned.

The disparity is determined by UEFA and the wee gang of clubs it allows in its elite.

18 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Participation in the CL is earned.

The disparity is determined by UEFA and the wee gang of clubs it allows in its elite.

I disagree with point 1, on the basis that point 2 goes a long way towards fixing that participation.

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I disagree with point 1, on the basis that point 2 goes a long way towards fixing that participation.

Semantics.

I have no issue with the existence or participation in the CL or even that there's a financial reward for it. 

59 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Semantics.

I have no issue with the existence or participation in the CL or even that there's a financial reward for it. 

Really?

Wouldn't you just prefer a knock-out Cup for teams that win their domestic leagues?

15 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Really?

Wouldn't you just prefer a knock-out Cup for teams that win their domestic leagues?

I get why UEFA have changed it over the years to make more money and make it more, allegedly attractive, so its harder for big shocks.
Over the years the League path and champions path has been designed to make sure every champion of each country is participating in the champions league.
In reality, the champions path is actually a knockout competition until the group stages.  I'm not saying I like the design by the way

Here's a cracker, I Would actually love the cup winners cup come back and not a group stage, a straight forward knock out competition but most clubs in Europe would not want to be in it as they would rather be in a cup competition with the chance of playing in group section for, again, more money.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread