The weird kid from school

Pretty tame compared to some of the car crashes on here but there was a guy in the year below me who used to sing the theme from the Penguin advert, presumably to avoid being beaten up. You'd see a small group of people and he would be in the middle singing away.

What annoyed me is that he always got the fucking words wrong.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

I’m not saying he deserved it for anything that he did but what happened to him was a direct consequence of being a truly pathetic human being who is incapable of surviving real life situations. The guys who set about him in the changing room that day were acting on pure human instinct at seeing such a futile individual in a vulnerable situation which to me, fully explains their actions and they shouldn’t have been punished as severely as they were IMO.

I liked your stories throbber but this is fucking wild.

That story from Throbber is pretty fucking heart breaking and I'd honestly enjoy to punch his and all three of the guys in the PE blocks plusses. Bunch of cowardly, bullying b*****ds. 

2/3 of the bullies went on to beat up their girlfriends in later years as well. One of them is in jail for it now. I’m starting to feel a bit sadder about it on reflection.

20 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I'm perfectly willing to plead guilty to that charge - even though I haven't contributed so far.

To be honest, I think the majority of kids of my generation (St. Columba's Kilmarnock 1969 - St Joseph's Kilmarnock 1983) were little monsters by any civilised standards. Your status was influenced by where you lived (Grange - posh cúnt, Townholm or Longpark, manky, inbred subhuman)*, and you were basically allocated a pigeonhole in the first couple of months of Primary One. With my own kids, and now grandkids, Primary report cards concentrate more on cooperation, interspersonal skills and whether the little love is "kind". Back in my day, it was all about survival skills.

*I confounded this categorisation system by living in the nameless area bounded by London Road, Holehouse Road and the Piersland park - with the additional twist of ours being a "bought house". Being overweight, short-sighted and (at least up until Highers) able to answer just about anything the Education system asked me off the top of my head meant there were enough bully triggers that this wasn't too much of an issue.

It’s quite possible that you sent to secondary with my uncle.

There was a guy I was in primary and secondary with who started off normal enough, then became odder as time went on.  This reached the pinnacle in secondary school where he wrote up a hit-list of all the people in school he wanted to kill (don't worry, I wasn't on it!).  It made the front page of the Daily Record.

He did seem to hang out in the woods by Raigmore at one point but I haven't seen or heard of him in years.  I think he might've been brought up on here in one of these threads before.

2/3 of the bullies went on to beat up their girlfriends in later years as well. One of them is in jail for it now. I’m starting to feel a bit sadder about it on reflection.

Well their girlfriends were probably weaker than them so it’s only natural that they beat them up. That’s how things work, isn’t it?

Well their girlfriends were probably weaker than them so it’s only natural that they beat them up. That’s how things work, isn’t it?

That’s not what I’m getting at I was talking about how certain males behave in certain male dominated environments when they smell a sign of weakness and stuff like that happens the world over. I am being wildly misinterpreted here.

Playing the victim is a sign of weakness, be careful.

Throbber has shown weakness, we are men. Let’s find out where he lives and assault him. This is nature. In a way, we are all heroic naturalists rather than cowardly, violent bullies. I am very intelligent.

Playing the victim is a sign of weakness, be careful.

Continuously returning to a football forum that you have been banned from because you can’t get by without it is also a sign of weakness champ.

9 minutes ago, throbber said:

Continuously returning to a football forum that you have been banned from because you can’t get by without it is also a sign of weakness champ.

:lol:

You really do get extremely defensive when folk pull you up for being a Walter Mitty. 

Throbber has shown weakness, we are men. Let’s find out where he lives and assault him. This is nature. In a way, we are all heroic naturalists rather than cowardly, violent bullies. I am very intelligent.

Doesn’t matter what you say, we have all seen the mentality before - the most common example being a group of friends who gang up on one member who they see as weak, whether it be because the person is the newest to the group or youngest or what ever. You see it at work, at football or at nights out in the pub but we have all at one point been a victim of it to some extent and most of us will have been guilty of it as well. Marks incident was horrendous and I shouldn’t have said the guys deserved lesser punishment as they are c***s but he was still picked on because he was a weak individual and the predators smelt the fear off him and acted.

:lol:
You really do get extremely defensive when folk pull you up for being a Walter Mitty. 

Well I get defensive when you say you’d like to punch my puss in and put me on the same category as the guys who battered a poor and vulnerable guy in changing rooms after a PE class in about 2001.

3 minutes ago, throbber said:

Well I get defensive when you say you’d like to punch my puss in and put me on the same category as the guys who battered a poor and vulnerable guy in changing rooms after a PE class in about 2001.

On 26/07/2019 at 09:15, throbber said:

This thread is hilarious and it brings me right back to the utter weirdo 

complete odd ball 

Mark was the most obvious target for bullies that you could ever possibly see, he was short and scrawny, had glasses and massive teeth, always dressed in the tackiest of clothes and had poor hygiene - he stunk and had head lice and nits, just the ugliest child you could possibly imagine

What made him so infuriating though was how resilient he was despite being so utterly pathetic

I always found it hard not to want to see him unhappy. 

I remember one time I kicked him when we were about p6 or p7 as he was taking too long to sharpen his pencil 

Funny how he wasn't a "poor and vulnerable" guy to you before I said I'd enjoy punching you. 

Funny how he wasn't a "poor and vulnerable" guy to you before I said I'd enjoy punching you. 

It was a very complicated relationship between Mark and I and I wouldn’t expect you to understand.