Are Darvel Now The Most Hated Team In Junior Football? Why or Why Not!

XXX

22 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:
On 25/07/2019 at 21:47, Darvel legend said:
Try stealing any of our players now 
zero chance emoji23.png

Big game on Wed night now

We look forward to it , we are playing the best team in Scotland so we have nothing to lose , free hit for us , be interesting to see what team Tucker plays against us 

Looking at the Darvel thread, there is a great deal of hatred towards them. Anyone want to change their minds on earlier quotes?
Hatred no but there is alot of interest in whats happening at darvel including me i didnt even know who darvel where until last season. Good luck 2 them apart from when they play us.

Mon the papers

Hatred no but there is alot of interest in whats happening at darvel including me i didnt even know who darvel where until last season. Good luck 2 them apart from when they play us.

Mon the papers

They are generating interest on here but Talbot have put them in their place tonight.

Mon the papers

They are generating interest on here but Talbot have put them in their place tonight.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎30‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 22:31, XXX said:

Looking at the Darvel thread, there is a great deal of hatred towards them. Anyone want to change their minds on earlier quotes?

Its not mean as personal and don't take it as such BUT the crap some people talk.
So sometimes I feel I want to come out with my objective view and if it makes people see sense then great although some just plain don't wanna

Ill reiterate my previous post below

###################

I don't see what the big deal is with Darvel, just a couple of supporters trying to get the interest going due to Darvel splashing out the cash.
Most hated team lololol I had a wee giggle there.

Every year or couple of years a team comes in with a money pot, I remember Maryhill paying out big money before the Ayrshire and central leagues merged, Irvine Meadow were doing the same. Dalry went on a spending spree in 1994/95 I remember Hurlford in 99/00 all of a sudden after finishing usually bottom of the bottom league suddenly come into cash and started paying out big money. Our remit at Hurlford at the time was promotion and that's what we got but as at the time everyone in Division 2 knew the spending of Hurlford and wanted to beat them.

Darvel are no exception, promotion is priority anything else is extra. If they do not get promotion, its failure.

I'm sure if you look through the years you will see the same from other clubs, maybe in past 10 years.
If Darvel win promotion and keep the interest going for a few years then that is great but to keep it constantly going at the top is a new level for them

In regards to Darvel being most hated, total rubbish, Any Ayrshire team I played with looked at them as a team that we should be beating, nothing more, nothing less.
Only giving my view and of players I played with and from what the supporters expected.

And before anyone says anything, I say good luck to them as its good to have teams start to make an impact at their level of football that you don't normally expect

###################

Darvel are not hated ffs, they have always just been an 'Average ' team, ( I could say below average but definitely not above average), getting some good results like every team does throughout a season but they were always seen as a team that you expect to win against.
Darvel are now a team who have plenty of cash and spending money on well known, experienced players and thus, every team wants to beat them as they are, quite rightly the favourites for the league. Will they win the league, they might do and I think they will but I definitely expect them to finish in the top 3 at the very least.
What does this ensue, people getting jealous, Darvel fans promoting their team, a bit too much at times, which makes others go a bit overboard going against their team.

The crux of the matter, if Muirkirk came into money the post would be  "Are Muirkirk the most hated team in Junior football, or the same could happen to  Troon or Ashfield or Dalry etc...
Big Spenders in past...  Hurlford did it, Largs did it, Maryhill did it, Irvine Meadow did it ffs people will always try to shoot down the favourites or the big spenders, so what as I said, its no big deal.

This season for Darvel falls on one remit, get promoted, doesn't matter how, 1st 2nd, 3rd playoff, just get promoted, anything else is a bonus. if they don't get promoted its failure, nothing more, nothing less.

Darvel were founded in 1889 and since then what has this average team won through their existence

Scottish Junior Cup runners-up: 1975-76
Western League winners: 1966-67
Western League (Southern) winners: 1959-60, 1966-67
Kilmarnock & District Junior League winners: 1900-01, 1904-05, 1905-06
Ayrshire (Ayrshire Weekly Press) Cup: 1893-94, 1894-95
Western League Cup: 1930-31, 1967-68
Kilmarnock & Loudon Cup: 1988-89, 1991-92, 1992-93, 1993-94, 1994-95
Western Intermediate League Cup: 1930-31
Irvine & District Cup: 1921-22, 1922-23
Irvine Herald Cup: 1904-05
Moore Trophy: 1933-34
Vernon Cup: 1957-58, 1959-60

Honestly that's it, nothing of recent note except the Scottish Cup runners up which was 35 years ago, so why would Darvel be the most hated team in Junior Football when they haven't really done much in their history to merit any hatred.
I'm being serious, …...…. when this post was started I had a giggle and shook my head that someone would actually think this.
If you follow Darvel then do that and promote the team and take the hits and give out the slagging but if this post is meant to be a serious post, I really worry

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

• 2 weeks later...