The Cabinet of Doom

I'm Brian

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Why do you hate the English, genuine question. I don't like the Westminster establishment but I certainly don't hate the English.

Genuine question..

I don't "hate" the english as such and like you I'm very much anti tory and Westminster, however the hate the english seems to go with the territory as let's face it we are in the main anti english from the time we learn to walk and talk, to deny that exists in Scotland would not be correct.

However I only mentioned it as the word racism was used earlier with respect to Boris and given he is an London and European raised boy/man I doubt very much that racism is in his DNA, but there can be no doubt that he regards himself as coming from an elitist section of southern english society.

IMO, this whole cabinet is just intended to form as an illusion of government. It's campaigning for the next election and posturing.

If the Tory Party are to win a General Election which occurs before Brexit, they need to do it as a 'Hard Brexit' party - Farage has seen to that with how he's set up his party which is very  capable of siphoning votes away. I hope I'm wrong but Boris is well connected to the likes of Bannon and Cambridge Analytica (through Dominic Cummings) and I really doubt that they are all completely oblivious to the prospect of an election and will have a plan in place. Don't be surprised to see a few stunts in 'negotiations' - the stuff about buses was rather sinister.

I could also see the staunch anti-no-dealers all purged from the party ranks. The Tories have always been a coalition across the right and the only reason the extreme right have tolerated the further left of the party (your Cameron and Osborne's would fit this category) are because that was the price for electoral success. Now, Brexit lets them unmask themselves for the 'will of dah peeeepull'. The likes of Grieve have already had indicative no confidence motions passed - it wouldn't seem like a purge would be too far away from what the membership would support.

They can't govern at all. There's a single withdrawal agreement on the table and their promise of removing the Irish backstop is a complete non-starter. I mean, you get some stupid politicians who are delusional but I think that it's been made so clear over the past couple of years that anybody ascending to the position is going to know that the whole process is a write-off until they can change the arithmetic in parliament and it'd seem to me that the best way of handling that would be to try and control any election as much as possible.

20 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

I don't "hate" the english as such and like you I'm very much anti tory and Westminster, however the hate the english seems to go with the territory as let's face it we are in the main anti english from the time we learn to walk and talk, to deny that exists in Scotland would not be correct.

However I only mentioned it as the word racism was used earlier with respect to Boris and given he is an London and European raised boy/man I doubt very much that racism is in his DNA, but there can be no doubt that he regards himself as coming from an elitist section of southern english society.

Not excusing any anti English stuff, but Scotland is dealing with it.

Anti English abuse is unlawful in Scotland and treated as a racially aggravated offence.

This is to be commended....but in a UK context it would appear very one sided

From MP's and business leaders, to the letter pages and cartoons of the msm......it is clear that it is constant open season on Scots and Scotland.

IMG_20190725_104243.jpg

"The enemies of Scottish Nationalism are not the English, for they were ever a great and generous folk, quick to respond when justice calls. Our real enemies are among us, born without imagination.” - Cunninghame Graham (1930)

I couldn't agree more with the sentiment.

On 25/07/2019 at 10:27, SandyCromarty said:

There ain't no black in Bullingdon.

On 25/07/2019 at 10:57, git-intae-thum said:

Anti English abuse is unlawful in Scotland and treated as a racially aggravated offence.

From MP's and business leaders, to the letter pages and cartoons of the msm......it is clear that it is constant open season on Scots and Scotland.

IMG_20190725_104243.jpg

Unfortunately, he's my MP, and he lives about 250 yards down the road from me.

When he was elected he made much of his time as a soldier..., 'parading the medals... ', appealing to the

Tory voters.   What he didn't mention, and doesn't now ( no sign of it on Wikipedia last time I looked )..

was that after leaving the army, he did a degree course in politics at Birmingham University. He's well versed

in the lowest common denominator, dog whistle stuff, that pleases his local audience, as above.

in 1969, my family left Stranraer for Somerset ( teacher father going for a more senior post ).

I did my last year of secondary school here before returning to Scotland for university.

That year was all Angus this, or Angus that. I took most of it on the chin, didn't say much, and was really

glad to get away .

Couple of years ago, I read a quote from the retired headmaster of the biggest local secondary school... on independence..

" The Scotch can do what they like.... "

On 25/07/2019 at 10:57, git-intae-thum said:

IMG_20190725_104243.jpg

I've said it for years the only racism acceptable in mainstream British public life today on TV in newspapers from politicians everywhere every day is anti Scottish racism. It's everywhere, and completely acceptable. Look at that Jeremy vine show recently. If that was about black people.there would be sackings over it.

The only.city in the world where you will be regularly racially abused for being Scottish is London. Tbf l haven't travelled much elsewhere in England, but that happens every day in london.

I've said it for years the only racism acceptable in mainstream British public life today on TV in newspapers from politicians everywhere every day is anti Scottish racism. It's everywhere, and completely acceptable. Look at that Jeremy vine show recently. If that was about black people.there would be sackings over it.
The only.city in the world where you will be regularly racially abused for being Scottish is London. Tbf l haven't travelled much elsewhere in England, but that happens every day in london.

That Jermey Vine thing was an abomination but it’s just a bit English bantz to give each other a bit of a slagging init.

A lot of Scots need to lighten up and not be so sensitive. It’s no worse than English would say to each other. It’s nothing vindictive.

1 hour ago, Cerberus said:

That Jermey Vine thing was an abomination but it’s just a bit English bantz to give each other a bit of a slagging init.

A lot of Scots need to lighten up and not be so sensitive. It’s no worse than English would say to each other. It’s nothing vindictive.

Hilarious bullshit from an utter fanny.

Edited by Kuro

1 minute ago, EH75 said:

Jacob Rees Mogg only been in the door 5 minutes and has already begun the process of re-victorianising Parliament. 

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-07-26/itv-news-exclusive-jacob-rees-mogg-issues-style-guide-to-staff/

Not long before he’s 1.829m under hopefully.

8 minutes ago, EH75 said:

Jacob Rees Mogg only been in the door 5 minutes and has already begun the process of re-victorianising Parliament. 

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-07-26/itv-news-exclusive-jacob-rees-mogg-issues-style-guide-to-staff/

Not surprised he's banned "speculate". A touchy subject.