Ayr v Morton

12 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Anyone know what the acceptable conduct announcement was all about midway through the second half?

I am led to believe it was aimed at a home supporter in main stand that some spectators reported to stewards , well done to them and I am led to believe the club are looking into allegation 

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Kelly will give the ball away and his decision making might not always be right but that’s because he’s young and given it’s his first year of professional football I think he looks a class act. He won’t be suited to every game as he can still be bullied easily but he’s a real driving force from midfield which is something we sorely lacked last season.

TBF to the boy Kelly on the incident he got caught on the ball he asked for the ball in plenty of space and the Ayr defender took so long to pass to him the Morton player was right now top of him.

4 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Someone want to tell me why Hopkin has said our 3rd goal was “well offside”?

He can’t be mixing it up for any of the other ones as none of our goals were offside.

He probably was referring to the second. Pretty easy to get them mixed up when so many goals go in against your team.

From his angle it probably did look it. McCowan was looking over at the assistant to make sure after he had tapped in.

Has anyone found the parallel universe where not starting Chris Millar or Reece Lyon, then putting Cameron fucking Blues on the park ahead of them, makes the slightest bit of sense?

The rest of the month needs to see that defence melted down for glue and some actual footballers signed in their place or we’re in serious trouble.

The new ticketing system looks like it could drive some fans away. Long queue at Somerset Road as ticket reader wasn't reading a lot of tickets or phones correctly.people being told to go round to the shop and queue to get it sorted. I heard a few saying they won't be back.

Edited by Buckfast

Firstly struggling with this big lumps of humble pie I’m trying to eat but that was a very good team performance. Really feared the worst after last week, and to two players I’m particularly sore on Forrest and Harvie who were outstanding today and if they keep up those performances will like McCall says get a big move. Moffat completely unplayable today what a roasting he gave there defenders,like many have saidMorton weren’t good but we made them look poor, their fans in the bowling club were very confident  beforehand but were worried about there keeper, he saved them from a right doing today could have been 6 or 7.

8 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

I am led to believe it was aimed at a home supporter in main stand that some spectators reported to stewards , well done to them and I am led to believe the club are looking into allegation 

It happened at a strange time for it to be a normal public service announcement, thought something must have happened 

Absolute shambles.  Ayr controlled that and had we got an equaliser, it would have been day light robbery. 

Ayr passed it around our non existent midfield and looked like scoring every time they went forward.  As much as we were horrendous, Ayr played really well for long spells

Tactics and formations were all over the place and we have a lot of work to do to get this right.  

Ticketing sys was piss easy. Decided on the day to head down so bought ticket online and piss easy at turnstiles. We should have saved ourselves 100k and did the same. 

Lucky I left in plenty time as the road closure and diversion was a right pain in the arse! 

Edited by madton

Lots of positives for Ayr, but still have major concerns about the defence.  For a big lump, Roscoe didn’t look that great in the air and the general lack of pace will hurt us against a team with a forward line.   Not going to get carried away, as Morton were absolutely dreadful.  You have to assume they’ll improve over the season.  Maybe.  Probably. 

Superb performance yesterday. We did almost let it slip but definitely merited the 2 goal margin.

On the ticketing situation, I genuinely am concerned that we are driving folk away. Against Stranraer, I saw an old guy produce a printed ticket which failed to scan, and the turnstile operator sent him away. He had no idea what had went wrong and was given no advice or help. Doubt he'll be back.

Anyway, a good start to the season.

Ainsley Harriott, Gregg Wallace etc etc.

Great team performance ,Moffat turned the clock back and put in a stunning centre forward's performance . Many had their best games in a long time . However we nearly let it slip . Morton have their style and so do we . The Scottish winter will favour theirs ,so it was great to get the three points now . I think we would have beaten most teams in the league yesterday ,but we have our issues and they may haunt us later on .  Special mention for Docherty , many on here ignore him when picking their virtual team . First name on the team sheet for me at the moment ,a total warrior ,with that nasty streak needed at this level . Great to see big Jamie back and McGuffie must be close to starting soon . Cadden was Morton's best player and skinned Geggan for their second would have liked to have got him but hey ho . Dens next week ,tough one but aren't they all .....

16 hours ago, I'm Brian said:

The only thing that Morton really offered was physicality. A big bunch of bruisers.

Fair comment, though it may have been a deliberate selection on their part given our lack of it. Physicality and brute strength worked for Ross County last season and to a lesser extent Caley too. When the winter weather with pitches to match arrive, we'll need a bit more of a physical presence and I'm not sure where it will come from.  So I hope we can garner some early points in the bag like last season while the pitches are in good nick.

Thought Forrest was excellent yesterday with McCowan and Moffat very good at finding passes in the final third where it matters; 4 different goalscorers too so that was pleasing given the loss of Shankland. I'd like Doolan to get off the mark soon and maybe remove the need for a big striker as I'd prefer us to be looking for a RB as Geggan is no more than makeshift there. Ferguson could be tried in a more central defensive role too as he's decent in the air and is certainly big enough.  But getting Adams fit and raring to go like yesterday could be vital (esp if he can avoid those regular yellow cards). 

3 points - move on.