Celtic vs Dunfermline

parxyz

Not really. I'm stating no-one should be using the f***** word. Drew appears to be of the opinion it's fine to call him a f***** but not a f***** b*****d.

The Sinn Fein online shop do a lovely line of t-shirts, maybe someone should tell them this one is offensive, to them.

IMG_6881.jpg

22 hours ago, ali_91 said:

U ok ***? 

ETA: https://dafc.net/forum/read.php?f=1&i=1762349&t=1762349 Appears a lot of people do care, good to see the majority of Dunfermline fans condemning it, while you stand on the side of the people using the word ‘snowflake.’

Better yourself. 

If I'm on the opposite side of a debate from absolute creeps like you and Marshy then I know I'm doing something right.

It is bizarre that this is still rumbling on but given that most of the posts now seem to be from folk who weren't actually at the game, maybe that's not surprising. For all the "worst behaviour I've ever seen", "absolutely sickening" and "pure disgusting, so it is" stuff from Celtic fans on Social Media, for the vast majority of the game the Pars fans were signing Pars songs (Walking Down the Halbeath Road, etc.), songs about Pars players and staff (Ryan Dow, A-ha! etc.) and a few taking the piss out of Celtic (Where's Your Famous Green Brigade saw some particularly strange heads gones from the home fans as did You're Just a Shit Glasgow Rangers) and Glasgow in general (I Want to go Home).

The mishearing of Beado, Beado for Paedo, Paedo didn't help and then there was more of the second one for the guy who looked like the answer to the question "Alexa, show me a picture of a man on the Sexual Offenders Register". Is that something that needs to be sung at the football? Not really, but if the same guy was in the home end at any other ground in Scotland (and had been getting involved with the Pars fans) he'd have had that sung to him at that ground too.

So in the end it comes down to three songs, which pretty much every Pars fan that was there have said they don't think should be sung and are disappointed that were - again some folk seem intent on making out that the Dunfermline supporters have no issue with these songs which is well off the mark - the Cheer up Neil Lennon one with the F word, You only sing in the Chapel and Jimmy Saville, he's One of Your Own. The first is one I'd never personally sing or want to hear anywhere, but the Green Brigare banner opened up the possibility of fans signing this, as I pointed out further up the thread (which was somehow taken to mean that I agreed with us signing it or that I was singing it at the game) but given the bizarre logic of Romeo earlier can easily be changed to "Sad Ginger F*****" since it was adding the b*****d at the end which apparently caused offense; the second is a tongue in cheek reference to many Celtic fans being Catholic (I'm not sure how that is offensive, it's not saying there is anything wrong with that or that you have to be Catholic to support Celtic) and the third is probably the most offensive one but I can only remember it being sung once and very briefly at that.

TL;DR - yes there were some naughty songs (but not many), yes Pars fans don't want to hear those songs at their games and no, don't believe everything you see on Social Media about the disgusting nature of things.

41 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

So in the end it comes down to three songs, which pretty much every Pars fan that was there have said they don't think should be sung and are disappointed that were - again some folk seem intent on making out that the Dunfermline supporters have no issue with these songs which is well off the mark - the Cheer up Neil Lennon one with the F word, You only sing in the Chapel and Jimmy Saville, he's One of Your Own. The first is one I'd never personally sing or want to hear anywhere, but the Green Brigare banner opened up the possibility of fans signing this, as I pointed out further up the thread (which was somehow taken to mean that I agreed with us signing it or that I was singing it at the game) but given the bizarre logic of Romeo earlier can easily be changed to "Sad Ginger F*****" since it was adding the b*****d at the end which apparently caused offense; the second is a tongue in cheek reference to many Celtic fans being Catholic (I'm not sure how that is offensive, it's not saying there is anything wrong with that or that you have to be Catholic to support Celtic) and the third is probably the most offensive one but I can only remember it being sung once and very briefly at that.

Dunfermline fans can't be all bad when they're thinking of the deaf community...

On 22/08/2019 at 08:11, ali_91 said:

This is poor Dele ma man. Just because you have watched a video of them chanting it at one guy does not mean they weren’t singing it at Celtic fans as a whole. Here’s something from somebody actually at the game. 

39EFC1EC-9F92-4AC9-B4E4-52EB6DCDC1DE.png

I stand corrected. Hang the Fife c***s. 

I was at this game.

Thought we were great and really unlucky not to take it to penalties. Celtic were absolutely gash and their play confounding. They were often quick to get it wide but inexplicably almost always slowed it down and, rather than crossing it, wanted to play it back to the middle and work a shot from there. It was a very obvious and very unsuccessful tactic, and one we were happy to facilitate given how every single shot but one was either tamely right at Scully or comically wide and/or over (I'm looking at you Eduoard!). Wullie doesn't actually understand football so his comical and baffling mewlings are always best ignored. 

Our fans were, for the most part, brilliant, but there was some unacceptable stuff. There was a couple of occasions where the ‘Cheer up..’ song was sung and some fans inserted ‘sad ****** b*****d' instead of ‘sad Celtic b*****d' that myself and most others were singing. I wasn't alone in telling some folk to cut that shite right out. There were also ‘Peado’ chants. Poor taste and uncalled for, especially given how many folk joined in. 

No excuse for any of it. It needs to get so far to f**k. Celtic fans being wee dicks and wanting to fight children doesn't excuse it. Nothing does. Can't say it was unsafe either. The faux hard man act from the home end cowards will never result in anything, especially given how many police were outside. We went back to the Celtic pub just along the road after for a couple of pints and, outside of 3 lads trying to act tough in front of each other by acting massively offended and asking if were personally singing ‘peados', it was fine. Talked to a couple of Celtic fans in the pub about the game who were oddly quite magnanimous about the game.

It wasn't Sevco fans in our end. That claim is hysteric nonsense and only absolute morons would come out with it. There were no Sevco fans in our end. I don't think fans actually do that sort of thing anyway. 

Thankfully this was a one off. Only rarely do I hear sectarianism from Pars fans. I'm talking less than once a season and usually a single dafty shouting something. Celtic however revel in it and it's a huge part of their identity and business model, so pieces of shit like Romeo can f**k off. They sing their songs glorifying child murderers every week and roar their bigoted pish every week. The absolute nerve for any of those scum to try and call anyone out is astonishing. 

On 23/08/2019 at 19:48, DA Baracus said:

I was at this game.

Thought we were great and really unlucky not to take it to penalties. Celtic were absolutely gash and their play confounding. They were often quick to get it wide but inexplicably almost always slowed it down and, rather than crossing it, wanted to play it back to the middle and work a shot from there. It was a very obvious and very unsuccessful tactic, and one we were happy to facilitate given how every single shot but one was either tamely right at Scully or comically wide and/or over (I'm looking at you Eduoard!). Wullie doesn't actually understand football so his comical and baffling mewlings are always best ignored. 

Our fans were, for the most part, brilliant, but there was some unacceptable stuff. There was a couple of occasions where the ‘Cheer up..’ song was sung and some fans inserted ‘sad ****** b*****d' instead of ‘sad Celtic b*****d' that myself and most others were singing. I wasn't alone in telling some folk to cut that shite right out. There were also ‘Peado’ chants. Poor taste and uncalled for, especially given how many folk joined in. 

No excuse for any of it. It needs to get so far to f**k. Celtic fans being wee dicks and wanting to fight children doesn't excuse it. Nothing does. Can't say it was unsafe either. The faux hard man act from the home end cowards will never result in anything, especially given how many police were outside. We went back to the Celtic pub just along the road after for a couple of pints and, outside of 3 lads trying to act tough in front of each other by acting massively offended and asking if were personally singing ‘peados', it was fine. Talked to a couple of Celtic fans in the pub about the game who were oddly quite magnanimous about the game.

It wasn't Sevco fans in our end. That claim is hysteric nonsense and only absolute morons would come out with it. There were no Sevco fans in our end. I don't think fans actually do that sort of thing anyway. 

Thankfully this was a one off. Only rarely do I hear sectarianism from Pars fans. I'm talking less than once a season and usually a single dafty shouting something. Celtic however revel in it and it's a huge part of their identity and business model, so pieces of shit like Romeo can f**k off. They sing their songs glorifying child murderers every week and roar their bigoted pish every week. The absolute nerve for any of those scum to try and call anyone out is astonishing. 

There have been plenty of games where we've had fans of other teams in our end, was loads of Jambos in our end at easter road a few times, there's also the simple fact that if you have a group of mates who are all rangers fan and you're the only par, they're not playing til the next day, why wouldn't they come along with you and potentially watch you knock their biggest rivals out of the cup?