Hibs vs St Mirren

11 hours ago, pozbaird said:

With our new German/Turkish star signing, Hibs will crumble.... prepare Hibees to be pumped at home 3-1 by a team wearing black & white stripes twice in the space of four days.

Easy the Mirren*.

*Maybe. Terms and conditions apply.

You cant call our new home strip stripes it's a H horrendous looking top. The away top is far better one we will wear on Saturday. Reports saying 4 more players in by Saturday one being McAllister a gem of a player when on form. 

McAllister is highly unlikely, on the Derby U23 tour. One will be the Irish CB and another Foley the English midfielder. Not sure there will be more than those 2 before Saturday's match.

You cant call our new home strip stripes it's a H horrendous looking top. The away top is far better one we will wear on Saturday. Reports saying 4 more players in by Saturday one being McAllister a gem of a player when on form. 

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

McAllister is highly unlikely, on the Derby U23 tour. One will be the Irish CB and another Foley the English midfielder. Not sure there will be more than those 2 before Saturday's match.

Yea seen the tweet disappointing.  The ITK has wrote a familiar face will return. The other name doing the rounds is Isma if true that would be a bolt out the blue. 

50 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

I was worried when I remembered St Mirren wear same colours as the Toon. :nono:  Then I recalled that's where the similarity ends. :lmao:

A team with practically no trophies since the 1950s, bouncing back and forth between the top two tiers, supported by a fanbase with delusions of grandeur who can't spot a good manager when they're gifted one?

I'd say the Paisley Saints and Newcastle have a lot more in common than you think. wine.png.19e6cf1103c5559fa0c0678701bfc789.png

Edited by HibsFan

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

Been told to expect there to be two tomorrow (Foley and McLoughlin) and one or two on Friday.

Slightly worryingly though, no centre forward among the four. We still need two of those!

14 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

A team with practically no trophies since the 1950s, bouncing back and forth between the top two tiers, supported by a fanbase with delusions of grandeur who can't spot a good manager when they're gifted one?

I'd say the Paisley Saints and Newcastle have a lot more in common than you think. wine.png.19e6cf1103c5559fa0c0678701bfc789.png

Decent description of Hibs also if you ask me. 

21 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

To be fair to the Paisley Bianco Nere, I don’t think they have any delusions of grandeur. They know they’re shite. That’s why there’s only five of them. 

2 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

To be fair to the Paisley Bianco Nere, I don’t think they have any delusions of grandeur. They know they’re shite. That’s why there’s only five of them. 

Shut it or we wont send you any more of our shite players. 

1 minute ago, Green Day said:

Struggling to work out how St Mirren dont have any players - Stuart Gilmour assured us that the McGinn deal gave them a massive slice of our transfer fee..............

bullshit GIF

In a cruel twist of Irony, it was all spent paying off the man who signed McGinn for Hibs and his awful, awful squad of non-league jobbers.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

In a cruel twist of Irony, it was all spent paying off the man who signed McGinn for Hibs and his awful, awful squad of non-league jobbers.

St Mirren paid off George Craig? Who knew.

Personally, I’m quite glad that it’s St mirren we play on the opening day and not a proper team. We really should be looking to boost the goal difference early and get some of our fringe players like Oli Shaw etc up to speed.

Having said that I’m expecting a real “cup tie” atmosphere here my only hope is that the game is played in the right spirit. It would be really disappointing if the opposition players started going for our boys legs after the 3rd or 4th goes in.

That may seem harsh on the saints players as for all I know they may not be like that but in my experience, the team on the receiving end of a footballing lesson normally look to injure as many of the other teams players as they can, taking as many scalps as they can back to whichever backwater shanty town they came from.

^^^^^^^ talking from personal experience as a Hibs fan as the receiving end of regular pumping from Edinburgh’s big team

Hibees giving it the big one about trophies??? Bold move.

jose-morinho-_%40Efm937.jpeg

More Scottish Cups than your lot since the 50's m9