McBurnie's socks

2 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

I'm not on twitter so I don't know what's being said but I've not seen anyone "losing their shit" on here.

The player and manager had a discussion about it, then the player spoke to the squad about it. Then the press were informed of this. 

If nobody was bothered or interested within the squad then none of that would have happened.

You can not agree if you want, but it would be silly.

Sigh. If we're just going to repeat things then we're as well ending this here.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Sigh. If we're just going to repeat things then we're as well ending this here.

That would have been a good idea for you 4 posts ago.

I've seen this alot now accusations of people "losing their shit" "wanting him strung up". Where as people wanted a clear issue dealt with, which it was.

Thankfully the manager isn't a lilly livered softy like the posters on here wanting to pretend nothing had even happened.

7 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I can't agree. The manager and his team mates have met the whole thing with an Alan Partridge shrug of the shoulders and Scotland fans are losing their shit. I don't think I'm exaggerating there.

Well maybe that says more about them than anything else.

Ultimately the fans are the ones paying these peoples wages and treating their fans / employers with complete and utter contempt is just not acceptable.

They may not see it all as an "honour" to represent your country and they may not all be wiling to "walk over broken glass" etc (choose your own cliche), however the very least we should expect is for them to show some respect to their supporters and try their best if and when selected.......................

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Ultimately the fans are the ones paying these peoples wages and treating their fans / employers with complete and utter contempt is just not acceptable.

They may not see it all as an "honour" to represent your country and they may not all be wiling to "walk over broken glass" etc (choose your own cliche), however the very least we should expect is for them to show some respect to their supporters and try their best if and when selected.......................

Go on then, who in this squad hasn't tried their best when selected?

17 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

For me you can only judge a player when he plays for Scotland.
The player gets picked for Scotland because of his individual ability you can't expect him to play the way he does for his club.
Different managers will want different things from their players.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I didn't say anyone didn't try their best, what I said was that the least we should expect as supporters is that they show respect and always try their best.

If anyone falls short of these standards then they should be punted.

I get that McBurnie has probably just seen this as a little joke sort of thing and some people are also seeing it as a storm in a teacup, however in this era of social media and celebrities (however minor they may be) constantly in the spotlight, then they need to be far more responsible and think about what they're doing as we all know that people seem to be over sensitive about almost everything and "taking offence" is now the latest "must have" for almost everyone, (along with being outraged of course).............

8 hours ago, WATTOO said:

I didn't say anyone didn't try their best, what I said was that the least we should expect as supporters is that they show respect and always try their best.

If anyone falls short of these standards then they should be punted.

I get that McBurnie has probably just seen this as a little joke sort of thing and some people are also seeing it as a storm in a teacup, however in this era of social media and celebrities (however minor they may be) constantly in the spotlight, then they need to be far more responsible and think about what they're doing as we all know that people seem to be over sensitive about almost everything and "taking offence" is now the latest "must have" for almost everyone, (along with being outraged of course).............

Christ almighty.

Club football cannot return quickly enough.

The fans don’t come remotely close to paying the player’s wages. Fans pay their money for their tickets in return for, supposedly, entertainment. That’s it. That’s all the fans are entitled to. If the players serve up substandard crap, then the fans are quite entitled to moan.

But beyond that, that some players - Steven Naismith being one of the more obvious examples - use their elevated income to contribute to wider elements of society and are quite good at interacting with fans is great, but fans have no right to expect it.

Honestly, the sense of entitlement is far worse than the sense of “mock-offence”.

10 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

The fans don’t come remotely close to paying the player’s wages. Fans pay their money for their tickets in return for, supposedly, entertainment. That’s it. That’s all the fans are entitled to. If the players serve up substandard crap, then the fans are quite entitled to moan.

But beyond that, that some players - Steven Naismith being one of the more obvious examples - use their elevated income to contribute to wider elements of society and are quite good at interacting with fans is great, but fans have no right to expect it.

Honestly, the sense of entitlement is far worse than the sense of “mock-offence”.

I think someone missed their Economics class at school..............

2 minutes ago, forameus said:

At least you didn't miss tearful cliches class with the previous past.  The "but we pay their wages" stuff is an A+ by the way.

I did point out in my post that they were cliches but it's always good to sensationalise and just for a few minutes pretend that you can aspire to the heights of a tabloid journalist.

I'll need to work on my "erupted in fury", "insisted", "was outraged" etc .

50 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

"I did point out in my post that they were cliches but it's always good to sensationalise and just for a few minutes pretend that you can aspire to the heights of a tabloid journalist.

I'll need to work on my "erupted in fury", "insisted", "was outraged" etc ." blasted the Ayr-United-Supporting ace in a sensational outburst that will rock Scottish Football.

FTFY

21 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Re the McBurnie story, a handful of people will genuinely be angry, but I don’t see any of that on here, and the people over reacting are the ones eager to defend him at all costs.

Example conversation:

Poster A: That was a silly thing to say by McBurnie, a little unprofessional.

Poster B: This is the problem with football fans in this country, they try and ruin young players, what a sense of entitlement you have, and what an overreaction. 

Poster A: ...

Pish, there were at least 3 posts on here immediately saying he should never play for us again.

We all want to forget about this shite and move on but you and auld Bing keep stoking the fire.

26 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Pish, there were at least 3 posts on here immediately saying he should never play for us again.

We all want to forget about this shite and move on but you and auld Bing keep stoking the fire.

Im not sure if that guys even posted on the thread before.

But very unfair to compare him to a fire stoker like myself.

Anyway see "auld" Henry's managed to forget the question he couldnt answer