New Rules

XXX

What do people think of the new rules now we have seen a few games with them implemented?

I saw the goal kick being chipped up by the keeper to the defender who headed it back into his arms. All done inside the 18 yard box with no one near them.

I was informed on Tuesday night by Ian Brines at a meeting with clubs this will result in a yellow card

What do people think of the new rules now we have seen a few games with them implemented?

I saw the goal kick being chipped up by the keeper to the defender who headed it back into his arms. All done inside the 18 yard box with no one near them.

4 hours ago, Rochstar1920 said:

Highlighted red.
From Law 13 section 3.
20190802_102336.jpeg

Yes but its not a trick, its legal under the current laws but the new rule change with player coming into the area to take ball from keeper, the rules may change stating they cannot do this from a by kick, would have to be worded correctly because there would be so many permutations of this. it will only change if it starts to be constant and ruin the game, slowing down like the old pass back rule was used, especially by the Italians.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

13 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

The SFA have just sent out a clarification of some of the new rules to all organisations in Scottish Football.

If the above scenario occurs the goal kick is to be retaken and NO punishment applied.

This will be a nightmare. Imagine the goalkeeper kicks the ball from a by-kick towards a team mate who is just outside the 18 yard box and player under pressure headers the ball back to the keeper that cant be retaken as he is outside the area but its the same situation. I think this will be allowed as its in play 

I wonder how they will work that out at the as it happens real time.  feck being a ref now lollllllllllll

17 hours ago, jc1 said:

I was informed on Tuesday night by Ian Brines at a meeting with clubs this will result in a yellow card

Allan McGregor did this in the Europa League last night with no punishment I believe.

8 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Allan McGregor did this in the Europa League last night with no punishment I believe.

If it has to be retaken again and is not punishable then its  a brilliant way to waste time. Kick to team mate, he headers ball back, then referee says retake, they do it time and time again.
Groundhog day

Weaker teams will do it to stronger teams

1 minute ago, Nowhereman said:

Anyone seen a sub going off at the nearest point yet? All substitutions I've seen so far in friendlies and league cup (senior) have been at the halfway line as usual

Was done in our game v Edinburgh City. The winger was made to leave at the far touchline and walk back round. 

4 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Anyone seen a sub going off at the nearest point yet? All substitutions I've seen so far in friendlies and league cup (senior) have been at the halfway line as usual

Not seen it used at used at any of the games I’ve been at to date

In Lanark v Gow game the other night the Gow full back went off and the ref told him he could come back on when keeper took bye kick

Ball went to Lanark player who played in the winger only for fullback to come on at 18 yard line and clear the ball

Is this one of the new rules ???

Not seen it used at used at any of the games I’ve been at to date
In Lanark v Gow game the other night the Gow full back went off and the ref told him he could come back on when keeper took bye kick
Ball went to Lanark player who played in the winger only for fullback to come on at 18 yard line and clear the ball
Is this one of the new rules ???

Nothing in new rules. Refs should still be waving players back on at an appropriate time, not just guessing the ball will be away from the player when they come on.