New Rules

XXX

The idea that a a change in laws won’t be implemented in juniors is laughable. Your playing football, you follow IFAB rules simple. You want to be playing different rules then your playing a different sport.

On implementation, players are largely ignoring it, nearly always going off at halfway and refs aren’t bothered. Even without timewasting implications to stop doing what they have done out of habit for 20+ years will be hard to change, and on an individual level I doubt many are wanting to walk round the parameter, collect their bib and then walk back behind the goal to do a cool down. I suspect the rule will only strictly implemented when refs are already fed up with a teams timewasting.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

The idea that a a change in laws won’t be implemented in juniors is laughable. Your playing football, you follow IFAB rules simple. You want to be playing different rules then your playing a different sport.

On implementation, players are largely ignoring it, nearly always going off at halfway and refs aren’t bothered. Even without timewasting implications to stop doing what they have done out of habit for 20+ years will be hard to change, and on an individual level I doubt many are wanting to walk round the parameter, collect their bib and then walk back behind the goal to do a cool down. I suspect the rule will only strictly implemented when refs are already fed up with a teams timewasting.

Lack of security could be an issue in juniors. 

Lack of linesman at a lot of games could be an issue. Refs at this level need to note number off , number on they really have little time to make sure the fella that went off other side of pitch Is not being harassed by bunch of Buckie boys and their hairy dug as he makes way round the parameter.

Decisions made by top brass of fitba really are for top level of fitba little consideration is made regarding its implications at grass roots.

15 hours ago, Rochstar1920 said:

Correct decision as per the changes in the laws.
Unsure about the challenges as not witnessed.

Not saying it was NOT correct... just, that he was letting stuff go that maybe shooda been bookings.

Hesitate to do this because I don't want to see the thread derailed but something to bear in mind is that pyramid discipline procedures are being followed this season.
This isn't relevant to the laws of the game, which apply to all games regardless of whose disciplinary procedures are being used.

8 hours ago, clash city rocker said:

Lack of security could be an issue in juniors. 

Lack of linesman at a lot of games could be an issue. Refs at this level need to note number off , number on they really have little time to make sure the fella that went off other side of pitch Is not being harassed by bunch of Buckie boys and their hairy dug as he makes way round the parameter.

Decisions made by top brass of fitba really are for top level of fitba little consideration is made regarding its implications at grass roots.

If a players security can't be assured at the touchline then you have far bigger issues than substitute procedure. 

There might be more leniency when there's only 1 official as the ref is needing to go to the dugouts himself.  Tho i'd still think they'd try and enforce it if they were significantly closer. All referees record substitutions anyway so there's little difference there.