The Treble Treble Troublers vs Lawrence Shankland F.C

34 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
48 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:
Remember folks, even if Beadling is playing a blinder again, you can't shout "Beado, Beado" as it may offend some Celtic fans who are not there and don't hear it. 

Even if I'm not at the game?

If you even think of singing it Tom Boyd will come round and kneecap you. 

Edited by Shandon Par

It's good having genuine depth for a change. I was more than skeptical about this season's recruitment, but we have genuine competition and talent all over the pitch. Up front McCann has looked more than capable any time he's played and Gabby McGill is scoring goals for fun at youth level. If Long is chomping at the bit to get a start, Gabby McGill must be the same. I wouldn't be disappointed in any one of our regular starters being injured for a game, as there is good back-up all over the pitch. 

We're only a few games in, but even finishing 5th-8th as long as it means building a good foundation for a proper challenge over the next few years, so be it. 

After maximum points in our opening two games I wouldn't be too devastated with a draw here. I'd obviously prefer the win but to get 7 out 9 with these opening fixtures would be a strong start. 

My worry to day is the pressure Dunfermline should put on us early doors. Our tendency in recent seasons has always been to struggle agains teams who have a go against us (both Inverness and Partick didn't really do that). 

9 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Some of the players ran 15k against Celtic. Some workrate Craw has drilled into them. 

What I find even more amazing is that distance was all pretty much within our own half meaning that they spend 120 mins jogging and then sprinting to keep Celtic out. That's some workout.

Hopefully Morrison and Ashcroft have got a good understanding of each other now, not sure if I would play Edwards as Clark would be playing on that side and although he's not a winger much of their play will come in the central area and we could safely give up crosses especially to McMullan who is very poor with his final product. *Prepare to be proven wrong*

15 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

What I find even more amazing is that distance was all pretty much within our own half meaning that they spend 120 mins jogging and then sprinting to keep Celtic out. That's some workout.

Hopefully Morrison and Ashcroft have got a good understanding of each other now, not sure if I would play Edwards as Clark would be playing on that side and although he's not a winger much of their play will come in the central area and we could safely give up crosses especially to McMullan who is very poor with his final product. *Prepare to be proven wrong*

Have to say that I'd be delighted if you gave us the ball in the wide area all day long.  3 of Shankland's 4 against Caley came from superb crosses.

Admittedly 2 came from Aperre, but easily the best came from Mcmullan.

Edited by MacArab

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Looking at this unbiasedly, I hope United win.

I am having a very early lunch and a late dinner to facilitate the steak bridie.

Hope you get a good one. It’s properly heartbreaking if you get one that has been left too long and is a bit dry inside and the pastry has gone hard. Peak bridie is a terrific thing.

Mrs wants a romantic day so I’m still working on how a trip to East End fits into the equation.

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Hope you get a good one. It’s properly heartbreaking if you get one that has been left too long and is a bit dry inside and the pastry has gone hard. Peak bridie is a terrific thing.

Mrs wants a romantic day so I’m still working on how a trip to East End fits into the equation.

Tell her I’m up for a threesome she’ll jump at the opportunity.

Again.