Dundee vs ICT

That was fucking shite. I've gone from being relatively confident for the derby next week to not looking forward to it at all. Shankland is clearly v good at this level but I doubt even he could do a job for us with the lack of chances. 

I left good company in the pub at 9:30pm to come home for that FFS. No wonder they looked at me like I was mental. 

On the plus side, Josh McPake looks like could do a job for us. 

At some point you have take a risk. We dont have a Shankland but we have decent strikers that even with an ordinary midfield should be given a chance to prove themselves. One on, one off is far too defensive. Two up and look to win.   ICT played like the 0-0 team of last year. Should have challenged them more.

Pissed off at the boos at the end, good god some of our supporters are miserable b*****ds. Playing against an improved Inverness, a point while being the better side and a clean sheet is by no means a bad result, though it is of course frustrating. Improvements need to be made, especially going forward, but people acting like it was a shocking result. Still undefeated in 90 mins this season, just gotta keep that up on Friday.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

2 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

At some point you have take a risk. We dont have a Shankland but we have decent strikers that even with an ordinary midfield should be given a chance to prove themselves. One on, one off is far too defensive. Two up and look to win.   ICT played like the 0-0 team of last year. Should have challenged them more.

That may very well be the case but ICT's 14 shots perhaps paints a more positive picture for the visiting tem

3 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

ICT played like the 0-0 team of last year. Should have challenged them more.

Weird that cause we had more shots in total & had the same amount of shots on target🤔 We actually had the first shot on target Doran forcing a good save from Hamilton & minutes before that we had the first chance of the game with Keatings header.

Our off targets were pretty close Carl Tremarco's deflected effort hitting the post & we were inches wide on a couple of occasions. We nearly won it near the end so don't know where you are getting playing for a 0-0 draw from. I would say ICT matched Dundee pretty well today & would of won it on another day. Pretty even game in the end 

Screenshot_20190824-170126.png

Were dundee fans not questioning the signing of shankland and then saying Hemmings was much better?

Were dundee fans not questioning the signing of shankland and then saying Hemmings was much better?
Correct

Our midfield is shite. Has been the concern all summer.
Good we got another clean and good we havnt lost but we need some decent creativity. Decent passing but really we did zero with it.
Derby hopefully a bit more fight

11 minutes ago, Aufc said:

He is. But he'll not score without service.

1 hour ago, Crawford said:

Hemmings did nothing that whole game. No one wants to shoot and this tippy tappy pish really needs to stop.

I really don’t think Hemmings got anywhere near the service he needs.  How many times did Hemmings point where he wanted the ball, then start his run, only to double back on himself because the ball wasn’t played?  We were far too slow with the ball I’m afraid.  

I really don’t think Hemmings got anywhere near the service he needs.  How many times did Hemmings point where he wanted the ball, then start his run, only to double back on himself because the ball wasn’t played?  We were far too slow with the ball I’m afraid.  
This isnt something new. This needed addressed in the summer. Still believe we are missing a link between attack and midfield.

Hamilton with another clean sheet...

Poor today. Both teams had brief periods when on top but a draw a fair result. We could easily have lost it at the end. Probably unfair to pick him out but McDaid is clearly one of those wingers who has many shite games as good ones. His refusal to take defenders on and his fucking horrific corners were completely pissing me off today.

30 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Was quite funny seeing Gowser throwing the captain's armband at Todd when coming off, man was not happy in the slightest.

He also didn't enjoy the stick from some ICT fans in the corner at the end but he did give some back with a solid "f**k up you fat b*****d" to one of our fans :lol:

Draw probably the fair result though we could have nicked it at the end. Felt Dundee ran out of ideas pretty quickly and McDaid seemed to be their only creative outlet for pretty much the entire game. Hemmings did have a good chance in the first half when he placed a low shot just wide of the post.

Doran has a decent effort for us in the first 45 and later on Walsh, White and Todorov all came close (ish) to stealing a winner and we definitely improved as the game went on whilst Dundee faded badly.