Hearts v Aberdeen

Frank Grimes

Opinions on Hearts:

- Hickey looked much better than at Pittodrie

- Whelan was exactly what we're missing, although I thought young Deano did well last night. Whelan made him look a bit stupid a couple of times though.

- The japanese boy looks good, although could do with more end product.

- Uche man, he's shite but he drives me mad

- Berra is finished

Relatively enjoyable game last night despite the lack of quality. 2-2 overall felt about right, but Aberdeen will get gutted, you shouldn't be losing a goal like that at the end (and you also shouldn't be bringing on a third centre half when you're well on top!). Devlin had a bit of a stinker. McLennan looked lost a lot of the time. I initially thought Gallagher was #someboi when he first joined the Dons but, he just seems a bit headless chickeny these days. Campbell looks to be on the right trajectory. 

As for Hearts, pretty turgid stuff to watch at times, Uche is some handful though. That being said, everyone going mental about him being fouled, you guys do realise he's not ACTUALLY being fouled, eh? He has his back to players and wraps both arms around the defender so if the defender so much as sneezes Uche falls down. It's very clever, but isn't deserving of the apoplectic foaming at the mouth reactions we saw last night. In truth Cosgrove could learn from that, as both players are quite similar in that they're massive therefore don't seem to get the rub of the green when it comes to fouls a lot of the time. Hickey looked good, play him at right back please? McLean composure personified with his goal.

Pie and bovril both 7.5/10 with the price and getting a scotch after asking for steak letting it down. Decent evening oot. Hope Hearts fans realise that's you stuck with Levein though. 

Edited by Big Fifer

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

What’s your point?

His point is that he will trawl the internet until he finds something that he thinks will get under other fans skins. To be fair, he’s very good at it, and must have a fair bit of time on his hands for the research that he puts into it. Now expecting a “clever” response, or, with a bit of luck, he will ignore this post. By the way, penalties probably aren’t a lottery, so if you have a player who has already scored two penalties in a match, put him fifth taker. If you have a player who has missed his last two penalties in shootouts, don’t put him second, make him sixth. And never, EVER, put a player on with a minute to go with the sole purpose of scoring in the shootout, he will miss.

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

so if you have a player who has already scored two penalties in a match, put him fifth taker. If you have a player who has missed his last two penalties in shootouts, don’t put him second, make him sixth. And never, EVER, put a player on with a minute to go with the sole purpose of scoring in the shootout, he will miss.

f**k sake.  Now you tell us, Joey.

14 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Nae luck pal!

If Levein miraculously finishes in the top 4 this season then I'll happily eat my words and ask for second helpings. I can't see it despite the recent turnaround. 

Relative cup success (without actually winning one) and league mediocrity is fine for some but not for this cat, topcat.

5 hours ago, kingjoey said:

By the way, penalties probably aren’t a lottery, so if you have a player who has already scored two penalties in a match, put him fifth taker. If you have a player who has missed his last two penalties in shootouts, don’t put him second, make him sixth. And never, EVER, put a player on with a minute to go with the sole purpose of scoring in the shootout, he will miss.

Yes , I’m sure McInnes would’ve been absolved of all blame if he’d nominated Cosgrove to take the fifth penalty , but we’d already been beaten before we’d got that far.

And far be it for me to accuse you of being wise after the event.   Mainly because you’re talking pish after the event.  Almost exactly a year ago in the QF at Hibs McInnes substituted Anderson for Ball in the 120th minute as the penalty shoot out loomed large. Guess who scored our fourth penalty that night ?

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

It's the first he's lost out of 4 (off the top of my head). May be more.

In his first season we won on penalties against Alloain the League Cup and of course against ICT in the final.

Then last season we beat Hibs and Killie on pens.

Dont think we’ve had any others , so 4 out of 5 in all , by my reckoning.