Forfar vs Clyde

7 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Have we got 11 players fit for Saturday. Bench numbers low on Sat.

Throw in no Petkov and Love looked like he was struggling at HT.

Could be a long day indeed

Loving the positivity! We’ll get tore in about them & come away with a result. Fact. 

Forfar are a good side and have some very good players for this level. Kirkpatrick, Travis and Forbes being the standouts in my opinion but we’ve equally got players who are very good at this level with Grant and Goody. It’s going to be a tough game as I expect them to be top half of the table this season but Lennon is the best manager tactically in the league so under him I’m always going to be confident we can get a result no matter the opponent.

here we go again , we beat the league favourites a team apparently according to some on here a team we arent in the league to compete with , now its the gallacticos of forfar we are going to be lucky to get a draw against [emoji23]

5 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

here we go again , we beat the league favourites a team apparently according to some on here a team we arent in the league to compete with , now its the gallacticos of forfar we are going to be lucky to get a draw against emoji23.png

We were also fisted by bang average Raith Rovers and Airdrie sides, but why let that get in the way of some sensationalism? 

20 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

We were also fisted by bang average Raith Rovers and Airdrie sides, but why let that get in the way of some sensationalism? 

Nothing, absolutely nothing, got in the way of anyone's sensationalism on Saturday, that's for sure. A Kleenex salesman would have covered his yearly bonus if only he pitched up outside the ground with a van, such was the gratuitous outpouring of grief and ejaculate in equal measure. Embarrassment, was one word bandied around. 

I was as delighted as is rationally acceptable at full-time, for what was an effective and energetic performance. I was as glad of the clean sheet as the victory itself, whereas a sizable majority seemed to be living solely for the result, (when the mantra normally reads ITS NOT JUST RESULTS- go figure) to the extent i was worried if Falkirk scored, we'd all be attending a mass funeral soon for those nutjob supporters who it all got a bit much for. Its a grave insult to the efforts of the players and management that a single result generates that reaction, imo. They're capable of so much more than gubbing that lot, but hystrionics help no one. 

It also blindsides this week, as now our Peanut Gallery have their standard and will hold the team purely to the Falkirk match, and not the previous two and a half matches of complete pish defending. Forfar away is a b*****d of a match to have after that, for this reason.

I'll bump this as a reminder after the match.

a like from a guy who predicted us losing 10 goals [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

can someone explain what this "established league 1 team " means or the relivance . we were an "established league 2 team " didnt stop us ending up bottom of the league twice , being in a league for years means nothing .

forfar 1 clyde 3 [emoji106]

38 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

can someone explain what this "established league 1 team " means or the relivance . we were an "established league 2 team " didnt stop us ending up bottom of the league twice , being in a league for years means nothing .

forfar 1 clyde 3 emoji106.png

Think its pretty obvious, Forfar are a good side who made the playoffs last year and I would be surprised if they didn't again.

At the moment we can only aspire to that, and last week was a big step in the right direction.

Nothing wrong with a bit of realism, and a point at Forfar is a very good point imo, obvs a win  would be fantastic and I hope you are right!

1 hour ago, macclyde+ said:

Think its pretty obvious, Forfar are a good side who made the playoffs last year and I would be surprised if they didn't again.

At the moment we can only aspire to that, and last week was a big step in the right direction.

Nothing wrong with a bit of realism, and a point at Forfar is a very good point imo, obvs a win  would be fantastic and I hope you are right!

We are also unbeaten at home in the league since last year ( though were rancid last week I believe at Peterhead). Should be a good game.

Looking forward to this game. Great result for Clyde last week and our abject display in Peterhead really does make it a tricky one to call.  However, we are a different animal at home as you can see from our record. Also, hope, the manager said a few words to the team to get us back on track.

I don't see many goals and we don't seem to have a player like Baird from last season to sneek it when it's a tight game. 

I'll go for 1-1, with us winning in extra time. 6-4 on penalties.

C'mon the Loons.

So one narrow win at home and we are suddenly world beaters again? How very predictable of you. Back in your box please!

Hopefully we can build on our performance last weekend, as anyone with the slightest clue knows it’s going to be a big ask to come away from Forfar with 3pts. As long as we keep it tight and don’t revert to the utter shambles at the back we were graced with in the games prior to Falkirk, then we stand every chance. If we manage to do so I’d be satisfied with a draw, but hopefully we can edge it for the win.
think we can keep it under 10 again this week [emoji23]

So one narrow win at home and we are suddenly world beaters again? How very predictable of you. Back in your box please!

Hopefully we can build on our performance last weekend, as anyone with the slightest clue knows it’s going to be a big ask to come away from Forfar with 3pts. As long as we keep it tight and don’t revert to the utter shambles at the back we were graced with in the games prior to Falkirk, then we stand every chance. If we manage to do so I’d be satisfied with a draw, but hopefully we can edge it for the win.
who meantioned world beaters ? or course its a difficult game they have a good home record just like we have have . Why not be positive ,the manager is all we have had from the start of the season is were not here to compete with this team or that team

kinda makes getting promoted hardly worthwhile