FM 2020

ajwffc

People absolutely losing their minds over it. Bloody nerds :lol:
Looks like a fix is on the way:
Capture.PNG.d6fb49aba738ad5fd78292221ad75335.PNG
Wonder if it will mean starting a new game. Need to figure out whether to stick with Real Sociedad or switch to FC Koln.

A hotfix means it is save game compatible.

1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

A hotfix means it is save game compatible.

Not necessarily.  I'd be amazed if this one is save-game compatible given it's to do with attributes that get set when the database is set up.  It'll need a new game.

Not necessarily.  I'd be amazed if this one is save-game compatible given it's to do with attributes that get set when the database is set up.  It'll need a new game.

If that’s the case it’s can’t be a hot fix then. As data updates need a full new DB update. I.e it would be 20.2.0 if it’s a hotfix it’ll just be 20.1.whatever.

5 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

If that’s the case it’s can’t be a hot fix then. As data updates need a full new DB update. I.e it would be 20.2.0 if it’s a hotfix it’ll just be 20.1.whatever.

Hot-fix I'd imagine just means that it will be released outwith their usual update window to fix this specifically.  It's not a data update anyway, as it won't be changing the core database, it's changing what will be done to the starting database when the save begins.  So no database changes, but it won't fix existing games either.

1 hour ago, forameus said:

Hot-fix I'd imagine just means that it will be released outwith their usual update window to fix this specifically.  It's not a data update anyway, as it won't be changing the core database, it's changing what will be done to the starting database when the save begins.  So no database changes, but it won't fix existing games either.

It better, as whatever happened to the refs only happened halfway through my Day 1 save.

2 minutes ago, forameus said:

Interesting to note that they're working on something additional that will fix it for existing saves.

Yeah hopefully they can sort that. Will start a new game with the fix with Koln tonight but maybe my Sociedad gave can be saved.

1 hour ago, TavTastic said:

Yeah hopefully they can sort that. Will start a new game with the fix with Koln tonight but maybe my Sociedad gave can be saved.

Aye I'm keeping my original save but will play another until they bring out a save game compatible fix

11 hours ago, Mr X said:

Just installed it on my laptop as I'm away from for a couple of nights. Won't run :(

What's happening? Theres a few threads on the SI forum with folk having this issue and resolving it

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

What's happening? Theres a few threads on the SI forum with folk having this issue and resolving it

Steam says running, the box pops up saying "Getting ready to launch", that disappears, nothing happens then the Steam button goes back to "Play"

I've found a few threads on the SI forums, but Ive not seen any where its been resolved - apart from one where he switched from NVIDIA to internal graphics

3 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Steam says running, the box pops up saying "Getting ready to launch", that disappears, nothing happens then the Steam button goes back to "Play"

I've found a few threads on the SI forums, but Ive not seen any where its been resolved - apart from one where he switched from NVIDIA to internal graphics

Ah that's shite, are you on the forums? I could ask there for you if youd want?

15 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Schindler.😁

Oh yeah haha. He doesn't look great but unfortunately they only just signed him so I can't get rid of him. 

They've got the base of a good team but have some amount of poor to mediocre wingers. Plus Modeste is 31yeards old, on a 4 year deal and is my highest paid player.

Downloaded the demo to get a feel for the game before buying. Last year I just bought on steam but notice it's a fair bit cheaper in a few other places like cdkeys. Do they send a steam code or do I need to buy the disc version off them?

Anyway, I gather you can only play half a season on the demo but you're able to carry your save over into the full game. Went Scotland and to my surprise the first 4 results of my group have been randomised instead of it being the real ones so I'm sitting 2nd with 3 wins from 4 (same as Russia) therefore I'm in a better position to qualify than I expected to be. Russia haven't played Belgium yet either which is a bonus as I imagine/hope they'll lose twice to them.

fix.thumb.png.67bf6daf45c972dde24eebc12dac6ae3.png

909606510_scotlandfixtures.thumb.png.94e1a164ceebabdb5cb1557b1d426cf4.png