The Big Relegation Thread

2 more than we managed in the same period. If extrapolated out over the remaining games they would finish well above us ! Draws are going to haunt us.

So this big Hearts turnaround I keep hearing and reading about.

That’s a points return of 5 from 4 games against St Johnstone, Kilmarnock, Ross County and Rangers. That’s a terrible return, made even worse by the fact they only team they beat is in the top 6.

So, is the big turnaround still to come, or is this it...? Or are Hearts still the worst team in the league...

2 more than we managed in the same period. If extrapolated out over the remaining games they would finish well above us ! Draws are going to haunt us.

Of course we’ve had a harder run as we played 3 teams from the top 6 and 1 from the bottom 6 while they played 3 in the bottom 6 and 1 in the top 6.

3 wins in 25 games is mind boggling. Celtic next up so 3 wins in 26 games.
If 38 points is say the magic number, that would mean hearts need 20 points from last 36 available. Big ask.
We've stayed up with 33 the last couple of seasons, and I'd say a wee bit less would get you the play-offs this season.

Maybe it’s some Protestant ethic that I (by the grace of God) was spared in my Catholic upbringing, but I just cannot understand the unearned, misplaced confidence of Hearts’ support. Even on here, where some of the more rational internet Jambos reside, they seem completely unfazed by the likelihood of their relegation.

Has Stendel pulled the wool over everybody’s eyes with his philosophy shtick and a one-off win against Rangers? After all, these are both things that Ian Cathro also managed to achieve. Will it take until November, when you play your second league game against Morton, that you realise you’re in danger?

11 hours ago, accies1874 said:
11 hours ago, perthsaint1977 said:
3 wins in 25 games is mind boggling. Celtic next up so 3 wins in 26 games.
If 38 points is say the magic number, that would mean hearts need 20 points from last 36 available. Big ask.

We've stayed up with 33 the last couple of seasons, and I'd say a wee bit less would get you the play-offs this season.

6 more points required for the Super Js then.

Given where we were on the 19th of October (marooned on 4 points) it has been quite a remarkable turn around for us. Not one I saw coming either.

Maybe it’s some Protestant ethic that I (by the grace of God) was spared in my Catholic upbringing, but I just cannot understand the unearned, misplaced confidence of Hearts’ support. Even on here, where some of the more rational internet Jambos reside, they seem completely unfazed by the likelihood of their relegation.

Has Stendel pulled the wool over everybody’s eyes with his philosophy shtick and a one-off win against Rangers? After all, these are both things that Ian Cathro also managed to achieve. Will it take until November, when you play your second league game against Morton, that you realise you’re in danger?

In Liam Boyce and Steven Naismith, they’ve got the two best forwards outside the Old Firm. They’ve got some terrible players, too, but I would be amazed if they finish bottom.

14 minutes ago, Kyle said:

6 more points required for the Super Js then.

Given where we were on the 19th of October (marooned on 4 points) it has been quite a remarkable turn around for us. Not one I saw coming either.

Believe this is the table since the St Mirren game.

Screenshot_20200206-100339_Chrome.thumb.jpg.aa9f987b7b02e76cc78721018170c7a1.jpg

45 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Perhaps you could take a leaf from your Catholic upbringing and feel really guilty about your terrible posts. 8)

Genuinely concerned after last night. Jim has us well organised but they were surprisingly shitebag tactics last night and I think Morias was hung out to dry. The 'big hope' new striker wasn't even on the bench, indicating his fitness is some way short.

If at least one of our six strikers can't start scoring soon then I suspect we are fucked.

Update to this...

Next 5 games - fixtures against top half sides in italics. 

Kilmarnock - 29pts - Rangers (H), Hibernian (H), Celtic (A), Aberdeen (H), Hamilton (A)

St Johnstone - 27pts - Motherwell (H), Ross County (A), Rangers (H), St Mirren (A), Livingston (H)

Ross County - 25ptsHibernian (A), St Johnstone (H), Aberdeen (A), Motherwell (A), Rangers (H)

St Mirren - 22pts - Livingston (A), Motherwell (H), Hearts (H), St Johnstone (H), Celtic (A)

Hamilton - 19pts - Aberdeen (H), Hearts (A), Motherwell (H), Rangers (A), Kilmarnock (H)

Hearts - 18pts - Celtic (A), Hamilton (H), St Mirren (A), Hibernian (A), Motherwell (H)

4 hours ago, HibsFan said:

They'll squeeze out of it. Boyce and Naismith will see them OK. 

Accies will go down. Hearts may end up in the play off but I reckon they'll finish 10th.

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Update to this...

Kilmarnock - 29pts - Rangers (H), Hibernian (H), Celtic (A), Aberdeen (H), Hamilton (A)

St Johnstone - 27pts - Motherwell (H), Ross County (A), Rangers (H), St Mirren (A), Livingston (H)

Ross County - 25ptsHibernian (A), St Johnstone (H), Aberdeen (A), Motherwell (A), Rangers (H)

St Mirren - 22pts - Livingston (A), Motherwell (H), Hearts (H), St Johnstone (H), Celtic (A)

Hamilton - 19pts - Aberdeen (H), Hearts (A), Motherwell (H), Rangers (A), Kilmarnock (H)

Hearts - 18pts - Celtic (A), Hamilton (H), St Mirren (A), Hibernian (A), Motherwell (H)

Our Motherwell league game is away. 

Update to this...

Two wins and a draw from them should be the aim. Absolutely no chance it'll happen though.