The Big Relegation Thread

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I wouldn't say no chance as we have witnessed an almighty Hibs collapse in the past.

I'd say it's highly unlikely though.

Similar to Aberdeen in that they have a tough run coming up that could see them pulled in.

A win soon and they probably move away and clear, but they could still be dragged in.

At the moment both look safe-ish, but say Motherwell, Ross County, and St Johnstone swap wins over the next few weeks and Hibs and Aberdeen don't pick up points in what are quite tough fixtures. Suddenly it's bunched up a bit and they're both involved. At that stage routine-looking fixtures suddenly become big games fraught with pressure.

Fingers crossed.

Edited by VincentGuerin

On 25/01/2024 at 00:14, 'WellDel said:

Just shows how the league's stagnated, eh? I doubt any Hearts fan can say that any of their sides in the last few seasons have been close to their best. The entire league is horseshit quality-wise, Hearts are just at the top of a very shite pile. Even the Glasgow pair are stinking out European competition even more than they usually do. I don't know what the answer is, but our whole game needs a boot up the hoop.

The answer is......

A boot up the hoop.

On 21/01/2024 at 19:28, RossBFaeDundee said:

Mon the draw.

The draw prevaileth.

On 24/01/2024 at 22:36, RandomGuy. said:

Livingston licking their lips at the chance of closing the gap on a few teams...

On 25/01/2024 at 06:30, RandomGuy. said:

Dundee arses will be twitching if they lose on Saturday and either us or Motherwell win. You can tell it playing on minds now.

Fucking LOL.

We're definitely not getting 10 more points than St Johnstone/Motherwell over the rest of the season. 7 more than County sounds a bit more doable but only if we win on Tuesday, and actually start picking up some points in other games.

We're down.

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Another two points dropped for the Perth Fuds FC.

Fucking excellent.

Thank you.

Given how badly we played, I’d actually say it was a point gained….

Caught a little bit of Martindale on the radio earlier and even he sounded like he was consigned to them going down if he stays in charge. It almost sounded like a “sack me” plea to the board. 

On 26/01/2024 at 06:32, Irrational Behaviour said:

Dons won't get sucked into and I'm usually the first to say we're going down etc. 

Yeah, we've got a tough four games coming up. However, after that, we don't play anyone in the top 3 for at least 10 games (depending on whether we finish top 6 as a result). 

We're going down