Scotland v Belgium Preview + Playoff Picture

Sheach

Hi All, I'm feeling just as rubbish as you are about the result on Friday. Hence why I've spend the majority of my match preview for tomorrow's game with Belgium looking into the Playoff picture ahead of March's Nations League Playoff. Hope it makes sense!

Forfeiting and giving Belgium the 3 points and 3-0 scoreline will be less embarrassing than facing Belgium and receiving a 4 or 5+ goal hammering Belgium can hand out.

Any sense of optimism cautious or otherwise has disappeared completely after that mockery of a performance against Russia.

Forfeiting and giving Belgium the 3 points and 3-0 scoreline will be less embarrassing than facing Belgium and receiving a 4 or 5+ goal hammering Belgium can hand out.
Any sense of optimism cautious or otherwise has disappeared completely after that mockery of a performance against Russia.
Eh, I think forfeiting a match would be infinitely more embarrassing than any sort of defeat.

For people saying the other day that Russia were a good team. If you want to see a good international team; you will this evening.

Belgium’s second 11 would beat us easily, their strength and depth is ridiculous. Unlike Russia they wont just be in the Euros next year to make up the numbers, they have a great chance of winning the whole thing.

But football is a funny old game. If Belgium come into this one complacent - and who could blame them for being complacent against a team like us - and we play well and get lucky we could get something.

Prolly won’t though, 0-3.

I think this is the weakest Belgium has looked in a long time. The abysmal San Marino performance only confirmed some of the things we already learned during the Nations League, like that non-performance away to Switzerland. It is certainly the most vulnerable they have looked since probably 2011.

On ‎08‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 10:00, Sheach said:
Hi All, I'm feeling just as rubbish as you are about the result on Friday. Hence why I've spend the majority of my match preview for tomorrow's game with Belgium looking into the Playoff picture ahead of March's Nations League Playoff. Hope it makes sense!

The bit that's confusing me is the draw for the play off final host will be in November 2019, 4 months prior to the play off semis.

From what you are saying it well be a draw between Scotland or Norway hosting the final.

What if Norway win the right to host the final but then lose to Serbia in the play off semi?

The final will still be in Norway as opposed to Scotland or Serbia?

Or have I picked you up wrong?

2 hours ago, Miss Tea Spoon said:

I think this is the weakest Belgium has looked in a long time. The abysmal San Marino performance only confirmed some of the things we already learned during the Nations League, like that non-performance away to Switzerland. It is certainly the most vulnerable they have looked since probably 2011.

This may be the case but they'll still absolutely pump us.

If we come out of this with anything less than a 3 goal defeat, i'll be amazed.

2 hours ago, ScottMc77 said:

The bit that's confusing me is the draw for the play off final host will be in November 2019, 4 months prior to the play off semis.

From what you are saying it well be a draw between Scotland or Norway hosting the final.

What if Norway win the right to host the final but then lose to Serbia in the play off semi?

The final will still be in Norway as opposed to Scotland or Serbia?

Or have I picked you up wrong?

The draw is between the semi finals. So, rather than it being Scotland or Norway, it would be Scotland/Bulgaria or Norway/Serbia. Whoever wins the relevant tie then hosts the final.

Edited by LiviLion

There were less sold than for Russia when I bought a couple more at the end of last week. 25,000 ? 

Attendances for Scotland games are hopeless these days. Fans very much voting with their feet.

The fecking rugby team gets more for a friendly than we do for an important qualifier.