2021 Championship Winning Heart Of Midlothian v Motherwell - 14th Sept

Surprised no-one’s started a thread on this one yet, although I can understand why some fans want to forget that we have a game this weekend. 

Predictions?

Berra to start and 3-0 Motherwell. Washington and Halkett to have season ending injuries. 

We’ve won more recently at Parkhead and Ibrox than we have Tynecastle, our record there since Hearts came back up is absolutely atrocious. 

That combined with the fact they comfortably dumped us out the cup at Fir Park just a few weeks back, makes Hearts at 5/4 look a great price. 

Our record at both capital clubs in recent years is nothing short of woeful, only decent results I can remember in recent years are draws from losing positions. I want to be positive but unfortunately got a feeling hearts will do the business. 

Hearts 3-1 Motherwell with Donnelly scoring for us (obv)

Hearts win. Largely for the reasons @Casagolda lists. Our record at Tynecastle is fucking miserable.

As @Dosser0209 says even the draw at Tynecastle last year came via an equaliser 6 mins into injury time.

I'd imagine we'll go with the same XI that bodied Hibs although, having said that I wouldn't be surprised if we chucked O'Hara into the midfield mix to add a bit of chaos factor and give a bit of height against Levein-ball and the big, physical Hearts hammer throwers.

Edited by capt_oats

I am very excited by the potential in this Motherwell squad. We showed in glimpses against Hibs and could have a right good season ahead. 

I think it is a much stronger squad than last season and hopefully Turnbull to be back in next couple of months. Still to see if Mazinga has anything about him. It is getting to the stage it is becoming harder to pick the team. 

So I am going for a 2-1 Hearts win. Simply because we could be Juventus and still lose to Hearts especially at Tynecastle. Expect a smaller Well support as £29 is quite farcical and as we saw from Hamilton games fans are starting to vote with their feet. 

God knows, I keep thinking we've got to win the next game, but it just doesn't happen.
I'll go for  2-1 Motherwell and Tynecastle to reverberate with the boos echoing from the home crowd.

Oh sweet god, I love a good boo’ing.