Don't follow the top 6 much i presume?

Fair point. Turns out Aberdeen haven’t been 3rd in a while! The point I was trying to make is that Aberdeen are comfortably one of the top 3 teams in Scotland, so our performance today is one to be proud of, even if it was incredibly frustrating.

I only listened on the radio but one thing that was clear from the commentary was how poor Jacobs' deliveries were (again). While he is defensively suspect, I feel Souda could have provided the quality that may have seen us nick a goal. 

It's a shame Bartley went off injured as I imagine he would have been our third substitute. 

I only listened on the radio but one thing that was clear from the commentary was how poor Jacobs' deliveries were (again). While he is defensively suspect, I feel Souda could have provided the quality that may have seen us nick a goal. 
It's a shame Bartley went off injured as I imagine he would have been our third substitute. 

Yeah, every game I’ve seen this season (admittedly only 4) then that’s been the theme. We’re pretty good in the air, I think we could get some big benefits from improvements here

29 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Do you put any effort into trolling these days or do you find the scattergun approach works well for you?

21 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Almost as bad as celebrating winning a 1 horse race eh ?

minter.jpg.830c8b62efff694ec61aa634f7780f5a.jpg

Aberdeen have a budget 100 times that of Livingston. 

2 hours ago, Afro said:

Our inability to sign any striker other than Dykes this summer has haunted us today horrendously. A lot of endeavour and some nice play at times but no cutting edge whatsoever. Could have feasibly had three by half time.

Aberdeen seem to have gotten worse every time I’ve seen them in the last 2/3 seasons, but McInnes seems to be at Levein levels of untouchable. From their perspective, lucky not to have sold Cosgrove as they looked bottom 6 material for 85 minutes otherwise.

People who compare Levein and McInnes as if the jobs they have done are similar is moron behaviour. McInnes regularly finishing 2nd/3rd etc and Levein finishing what 4th at best? What would sacking McInnes achieve? A return to when we would fight to get in the top 6. No thanks 

Bartley was our best player but Lawson came on and was also excellent, can't wait to see both of them playing together.

As has been said, we missed Dykes, someone to at least stick the ball on target. Impressed how we opened Aberdeen up with some slick moves straight through the middle of their defence but our finishing was awful. 1-0 was all it took for us to lose the game because of how poor we were at sticking our chances away, the penalty at the end just rubbed salt in the wounds, was hardly a 1-0 game for Aberdeen let alone a 2-0, I left feeling a mixture of disbelief at losing and fecked off at us not being able to score and get something from the game, which would have been the reward that our play deserved.

Ah well onto Wed night and the cup game with Sevco, hopefully we remember how to score goals by then.

Main starting? Can only think keeping Cosgrove fresh for Wednesday. Main might be great in the gym but he is never a footballer.

Hedges subbed? Must be for same reason. Mcginn was having a mare but kept him on, surprising.

made 3 subs yet formation remains ridged, can we not adjust during games to find a better way to play against opponents?

McIness gets away with it today because of the result, but realistically, the results won’t go for us often playing like that.

why on earth did we sign Wilson? Surely a long loan last season was long enough to judge if he’s good enough? Instead of signing him permanently and then deciding he’s not good enough and barely using him.

i reckon we had 1 shot at goal today by Ferguson and it went over. Didn’t even look like Considine was shooting when it hit off him from a corner and the other is a penalty out of nothing.

Keaghan and McMillan should hang their heads in shame tonight. Worst performance I've seen from both of them. Guthrie had his best game in a Livi shirt though and Devlin really showed his worth yet again but how we haven't won that I'll never know.

Sign a fucking striker ffs

15 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Keaghan and McMillan should hang their heads in shame tonight. Worst performance I've seen from both of them. Guthrie had his best game in a Livi shirt though and Devlin really showed his worth yet again but how we haven't won that I'll never know.

Sign a fucking striker ffs

Shows how differently people can see a game. While Keaghan's set piece delivery wasn't great I thought he had a good game, breaking up the play and winning headers against guys much taller than him. McMillan too was decent in that nothing really got past him and he got forward fairly well. He lacks the natural left foot though which kills him for putting crosses in....Devlin however, had his worst game for us IMO. He couldn't find a man with a pass and kept shouting at Stobbs to come short for the ball rather than trying to go in behind them where we were having some success. Plus for all his pace and running ability he barely used it today, rather stopping and playing a loose pass. Lamie drove forward more often than he did. He was decent defensively but pretty poor going forward for his standards. Agreed on Guthrie though, I thought he was out best player by a mile today and looks a great piece of business.

Edited by Cptn Hooch

2 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Shows how differently people can see a game. While Keaghan's set piece delivery wasn't great I thought he had a good game, breaking up the play and winning headers against guys much taller than him. McMillan too was decent....Devlin however, had his worst game for us IMO. He couldn't find a man with a pass and kept shouting at Stobbs to come short for the ball rather than trying to go in behind them where we were having some success. Plus for all his pace and running ability he barely used it today, rather stopping and playing a loose pass. Lamie drove forward more often than he did. He was decent defensively but pretty poor going forward for his standards. Agreed on Guthrie though, I thought he was out best player by a mile today and looks a great piece of business.

All McMillan did all afternoon was pick the ball up, turn around and pass it backwards. What happened to the LB that was good on the ball and actually had pace? Keaghan misplaced so so many passes it was unforgivable. Devlin genuinely looked like the only leader on the park, only one actually committed to it. Stobbs was shite, if this is him up to speed I'd rather we went with Souda, another Egli Kaja?