Just now, ATLIS said:

All McMillan did all afternoon was pick the ball up, turn around and pass it backwards. What happened to the LB that was good on the ball and actually had pace? Keaghan misplaced so so many passes it was unforgivable. Devlin genuinely looked like the only leader on the park, only one actually committed to it. Stobbs was shite, if this is him up to speed I'd rather we went with Souda, another Egli Kaja? 

McMillan isn't a natural left back so lacks the ability to get down the line and whip a cross in...he showed his ability a few times when he got forward but kept having to cut back onto his favoured right foot. Savane was sitting in the stands today again...not sure what's going on with him. Stobbs came on and within minutes was bombing down the wing putting dangerous balls into the box...then, as I said, Devlin stopped him getting in behind and demanding he came short for the ball which meant he had to receive the pass, turn, beat (at least) one man then put a cross in....rather than timing a run and receiving a ball down the line...that effectively nullified him. Devlin may have been committed as you said but that didn't stop him being poorer than usual. Thought Souda would have came on too TBH. Aberdeen weren't giving us the same problems down the wings so he'd have been less likely to have to track back. He'd have been my choice to replace Robbo because, as much as Tiffoney's pace gave Aberdeen a bit of a problem, Souda has that little bit of quality.

2 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

The best I've seen us play in attack was when we had the midfield three of Lawless, Pittman and Souda in behind Dykes, but Holt has a bee in his bonnet about Souda's defending and just wont play him.

I've got to agree with Holt though. Erskine and Lawless do a fair bit of tracking back. However, in todays game, Aberdeen weren't causing us a lot of problems down the wings so I'd have had Souda on.

“Foul” for the penalty, also outside the box. Just a hilarious decision really by Walsh, but it had no real impact on the game as we were never going to score.
BFD57531-7D5E-4A8A-BB7A-FE27A020175C.thumb.jpeg.24fdaa898394b0a924f265bb1b0e5cea.jpeg
Perhaps THAT decision didn't affect the game but it was one of a boatload of ridiculous calls by Walsh

Just in case any Aberdeen fan is interested, we do a weekly podcast, this week we spoke to an Aberdeen fan after yesterday’s game and also gave our thoughts on the game itself. 

If you want to listen on, feel free, it features and interview with Livi striker Lyndon Dykes. 

You can find us by searching for TalkLivi on ITunes, Spotify, Soundcloud etc or just go to our website - TalkLiviPodcast.Libsyn.Com

Cheers 

95C30A73-DA61-4272-81C6-9C55015767BB.png

Edited by andylivi1

39 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Just watched the highlights, think we were a wee bit lucky. Didn't think much of the penalty decision.

As Michael Stewart put it on Sportscene, it's Livi's own fault for not taking their chances. Pretty much sums it up. Aye just glad the penalty decision had no bearing on the result, would've been a seething mess if we'd pulled it back to 1-1 and you got that pen to win the game.

On 22/09/2019 at 09:26, Menga Bus said:

“Foul” for the penalty, also outside the box. Just a hilarious decision really by Walsh, but it had no real impact on the game as we were never going to score.

BFD57531-7D5E-4A8A-BB7A-FE27A020175C.jpeg

In the laws of the game, if the foul starts outside the box, which it did, and continues inside the box, which it did when the defender eventually flattened Cosgrove, it’s a penalty.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

In the laws of the game, if the foul starts outside the box, which it did, and continues inside the box, which it did when the defender eventually flattened Cosgrove, it’s a penalty.

I’ve only just seen the highlights tonight. Some remarkable misses in there 🙄

I understand what you are saying. Based on the footage and screenshot above, do you think Cosgrove was fouled? It reads like you do but I’m curious as it seems like the reason Jacobs fell in to Cosgrove is because his leg was taken away. Is it a suggestion of obstruction? Both of Cosgrove’s feet are planted outside the box when he contacts Jacobs aswell so the incident is not consistent with the rule you state above. 

We weren’t unlucky, we were simply terrible at finishing (maybe Guthrie’s hitting off the bar then post is the exception). Can’t expect to get many more/better chances. Not good enough up top on the day but we move on.

Edited by crispy

9 hours ago, crispy said:

I’ve only just seen the highlights tonight. Some remarkable misses in there 🙄

I understand what you are saying. Based on the footage and screenshot above, do you think Cosgrove was fouled? It reads like you do but I’m curious as it seems like the reason Jacobs fell in to Cosgrove is because his leg was taken away. Is it a suggestion of obstruction? Both of Cosgrove’s feet are planted outside the box when he contacts Jacobs aswell so the incident is not consistent with the rule you state above. 

We weren’t unlucky, we were simply terrible at finishing (maybe Guthrie’s hitting off the bar then post is the exception). Can’t expect to get many more/better chances. Not good enough up top on the day but we move on.

If the Livi defender had made any contact with the ball I think you'd have a case. Watching it in real time he impedes Cosgrove. Looked accidental though.

42 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

If the Livi defender had made any contact with the ball I think you'd have a case. Watching it in real time he impedes Cosgrove. Looked accidental though.

It was Jacobs that kicked the ball, Cosgrove kicked Jacobs, watch the bbc highlights where they show it in slow motion, Keaghan nips in and gets the ball, gets kicked by Cosgrove, then falls into him.

Here it's is, 4:18. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49698407

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

11 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

It was Jacobs that kicked the ball, Cosgrove kicked Jacobs, watch the bbc highlights where they show it in slow motion, Keaghan nips in and gets the ball, gets kicked by Cosgrove, then falls into him.

Here it's is, 4:18. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49698407

Genuinely can't see from that angle behind them. I think the case could be argued that neither of them touch the ball at that point.

Jacobs doesn't protest much either. Compare that with Considine from the week before.

12 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Well yeah, but it's not even a foul so that rule doesn't apply

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

Genuinely can't see from that angle behind them. I think the case could be argued that neither of them touch the ball at that point.

Jacobs doesn't protest much either. Compare that with Considine from the week before.

Jacobs was already on a card, Walsh would just have sent him off if he protested, Devlin protests though, and got booked for his trouble. Whether you believe that Keaghan got the ball or not, he gets in front of Cosgrove and got kicked as Cosgrove tried to kick the ball, it was a foul to Livi if anything, def wasn't a bloody penalty though. Just glad it didn't have any bearing on the result.