St Mirren v Hearts

We still have 5 players out injured in Souttar, Haring, Washington, Walker and Naismith who would certainly be strong contenders to start in our first choice team if not any team outwith the Glasgow clubs.  Bust such is the depth of our squad, we should still be able to field a starting XI and bench all of whom will have  senior experience.

If we play like we did in the first half last night, we have a strong chance of winning comfortably. But insipid, uninspiring Hearts performances are pretty common at away grounds in the Premiership and indeed have crept in to our home league form this season as well. Assuming tiredness isn't a factor from two big games back to back, I still think that we should be good enough to win 2-0.

1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

We still have 5 players out injured in Souttar, Haring, Washington, Walker and Naismith who would certainly be strong contenders to start in our first choice team if not any team outwith the Glasgow clubs.  Bust such is the depth of our squad, we should still be able to field a starting XI and bench all of whom will have  senior experience.

If we play like we did in the first half last night, we have a strong chance of winning comfortably. But insipid, uninspiring Hearts performances are pretty common at away grounds in the Premiership and indeed have crept in to our home league form this season as well. Assuming tiredness isn't a factor from two big games back to back, I still think that we should be good enough to win 2-0.

A 2-0 defeat would be our heaviest of the league campaign so far. Unlikely it will be inflicted by Hearts.

52 minutes ago, Munoz said:

A 2-0 defeat would be our heaviest of the league campaign so far. Unlikely it will be inflicted by Hearts.

Quite possibly and Hearts have only had 2 clean sheets all season. We have scored twice in our 4 of our 6 league games this season though (2-3 v Aberdeen, 2-2 vs Hamilton, 2-3 v Motherwell, 2-1 vs Hibs) so scoring two is not beyond the realms of possibility.

Goodwin has been moaning about getting inexperienced refs in recent weeks, which is fair enough. Clearly the SFA have seen games between us, Ross County, Livingston and Hamilton as easier fixtures and foisted their newer recruit of fuckwits on us.

Well, we have an experienced ref this weekend. Andrew fucking Dallas.

5 minutes ago, Stu said:

Goodwin has been moaning about getting inexperienced refs in recent weeks, which is fair enough. Clearly the SFA have seen games between us, Ross County, Livingston and Hamilton as easier fixtures and foisted their newer recruit of fuckwits on us.

And Hearts had two penalties awarded against them last night, so that'll need balancing out.

10 minutes ago, Stu said:

I don’t think the SFA think those fixtures are easier, but rather they aren’t being watched by 50,000 paranoid cnuts who would investigate which school the new recruit fcukwit went to after witnessing their utter ineptitude. We watch it and just think ‘he was an utter fanny’, and leave it at that. The new recruit fcukwit can sleep in his bed at night safe in the knowledge that while he remains a useless fud, at least his kids won’t be hassled at school, or his motor keyed.

Edited by pozbaird

If we win this it will be the first time we’ve got 6 points from two consecutive games in eight months

If we get 6 points in Steven Naismith’s absence it will be the first time since he got here

Now that I’ve seen this, I’m sitting at work practicing my boo’s for full time of tomorrow’s defeat / draw.

17 hours ago, pozbaird said:

I don’t think the SFA think those fixtures are easier, but rather they aren’t being watched by 50,000 paranoid cnuts who would investigate which school the new recruit fcukwit went to after witnessing their utter ineptitude. We watch it and just think ‘he was an utter fanny’, and leave it at that. The new recruit fcukwit can sleep in his bed at night safe in the knowledge that while he remains a useless fud, at least his kids won’t be hassled at school, or his motor keyed.

Alternatively this could happen to them: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/sep/26/referee-shot-by-cannon-maine-maritime-academy?CMP=share_btn_tw

I can't go tomorrow therefore we will win.

48 minutes ago, Lola montez said:

First time Dallas visits Paisley since his 4 assists at The sports direct arena, booing potential is huge

Ah well , with Hearts leanings similar to their Glasgow cousins and that of Brother Dallas, I can see us get very little in the way of decisions tomorrow.  

2 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Ah well , with Hearts leanings similar to their Glasgow cousins and that of Brother Dallas, I can see us get very little in the way of decisions tomorrow.  

Hearts have not won in Paisley in their last five outings according to Div on twitter. My wife's family are Hearts fans her father always told me St Mirren were Hearts buggy team. I'm coming to the game with two Hearts fans from Rothesay so who will have the bragging rights on the trip home ?