Pars vs Ayr Sat 19th October

3 excellent goals from us. Great win.

Seeing Geggan’s scumbaggery from the other side isn’t fun though. No need for that at all.
He apologised with paton at full time. Not sure it was intentional. Ayr got stuck in and a few challenges were heavy but not dirty.

Yass. Winning ugly but it’s still a win. Kiltie superb today and what a hit by Ashcroft.

Looked ropey at times but take it. Don’t know why Ayr played so dirty, it was completely needless.
Ayr looked much better organised and disciplined but after the equaliser they went full thug mode. Coley had a pushing match with their keeper and things heated up from there. Maybe not having mccall has unsettled them?
Thought moffat and forrest were great and arguably the best champ players I've seen this season.

2 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

We have, and whilst caley can be physical they didn’t act like the Ayr players today.

I suggest you take off your tinted spectacles.

Throughout the game your players were playacting to get the game stopped. Pushing people off the ball, jumping leading with their elbows and there were numerous niggles off the ball. 

Your team were dishing it out and then get precious when you get the same treatmemt back.

Enjoy your win but try to be graceful.

I dont see it that way tbh.
Cochran went off with an injury, nesbit went down injured after a shocking challenge, dow needed head treatment and paton took a sore one. Two or three challenges in the box were dodgy, keeper and defenders fighting with coley, hands in the face and pulling jerseys, kicking the ball at the ref.
Apart from that nothing much

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

We started really poorly until we scored, on top for about 15 minutes then Ayr scored a shitty goal, missed what happened and just caught Gill flapping at it. 

Second half more even I thought, Cardle/Forrest scored a decent effort that flat footed Gill. Ashcroft scored his incredible goal then it was end to end before Ryan scored a fucking great goal after some nice work again by Kiltie. 

Ayr maybe feel they were good enough for at least a point but that Pars side deserved to win from my view. They really battled hard. Geggan got the better of Turner but Coley gave him some problems after the switch.

Pretty fair assessment, although at 2-1 I thought we were well on top and looked as though we were going to add a third before you got your wonder strike equaliser, then the game changed with the Dunfermline players seemingly finding an extra yard.

As you say, I definitely thought a draw would have been a fair result, especially as your keeper made a couple of excellent saves from Kelly strikes late on, but all in all it was a good and exciting game of football (well, the second half anyway) and it could have gone either way, still, I'm not too disappointed and the results pretty much went our way in the other matches so I'll not grudge you the 3 points !!!

Dunfermline deserved to win today. Unbelievablely bad defending from us, mixed in with good play from dunfermline.

I'll be glad when the new manager is announced as sandy Stewart isn't the awnser, keeping moore and McGuffie on the bench and putting that pathetic excuse of a striker on. 

Also, sorry dunfermline fans, your steak brides are rubbish now.

Dunfermline deserved to win today. Unbelievablely bad defending from us, mixed in with good play from dunfermline.
I'll be glad when the new manager is announced as sandy Stewart isn't the awnser, keeping moore and McGuffie on the bench and putting that pathetic excuse of a striker on. 
Dont marry a piece of meat then.

Just now, D.A.F.C said:
2 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Dont marry a piece of meat then.

Problem is, there was no meat in it.

Big fan of the Ayr supporters’ bus on Halbeath Road after the game; the driver acting the big man, being told to pack it in by the polis, chucking a can at young boys walking passed the bus and the female officer at the mini roundabout telling everyone else, “he’s had his totties, just leave him.”

I could honestly watch us play like that every week. It wasn’t pretty but we showed a bit of dig and seemed to bounce off one and other. If we can play like that every week then I’ll be happy. Today was a hard game; Ayr are a good team. They’ll be raging at dropping points when United got a hammering.

IMO Andy Ryan was the catalyst for that win. Although I think Nisbet is our best striker, Ryan seems to find those pockets where he can properly get at defenders and cause problems. Surely there’s room or tactics for both of them to start?

I'm surprised to see a few folk saying it wasn't pretty. The first half was a bit dreary but the second half is one of the best 45-minute spell I've watched in a number of years. If every game was as exciting as that, there really wouldn't be much to complain about.

Ayr played the better football while we had the better chances. It looked like Ayr would win comfortably when they went ahead, but that was some turnaround in the game after Ashcroft's strike. A win and a good, exciting game where both teams played well - must be at least a year since we've had both of those together.