November Squad (vs Cyprus & Kazakhstan)

Gordopolis

Tbf to Tierney, hes just recovered from a fairly serious injury caused by over playing, find it hard to criticise anyone involved for giving him some time off, especially considering the games are virtually dead rubbers and hes potentially not even going to be involved.

Absolutely clueless why Naismith is there, I think hes a quality player still and has something different to our other options, but hes barely played this season and is almost at the end of his journey.

6 hours ago, craigkillie said:

He played the last game he was available for. Was cup-tied at the weekend. He's obviously the next best left-back after Robertson and Tierney, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Is he?  I think we have several better, he's not nearly the player Stephen kingsley is for example.  

Tbf to Tierney, hes just recovered from a fairly serious injury caused by over playing, find it hard to criticise anyone involved for giving him some time off, especially considering the games are virtually dead rubbers and hes potentially not even going to be involved.
Absolutely clueless why Naismith is there, I think hes a quality player still and has something different to our other options, but hes barely played this season and is almost at the end of his journey.
Yeah, Tierney will have gone through the entirety of 2019 without a cap, but all of his call-offs have been legitimate. It's annoying that Clarke won't have had a chance to do whatever he's planning to do with him until the play-off(s) though, and it presents a bit of a risk if he plays him out of position in such an important game.

Guest DAVIDB69

I assume some people were arsing around on the bbc have your say, there were people saying kierney they thought he was Irish and didn’t know he was scottish.

8 hours ago, accies1874 said:

I always enjoy people saying "how's X in it" without offering any alternatives.

I'd imagine the team will look something like:

Marshall
Palmer Cooper McKenna Robertson
McTominay McGregor
Christie McGinn Fraser/Forrest
McBurnie/Shankland

I think that's alright, but other than in central midfield, things dramatically fall off a cliff when you get past the first XI.

We've gone from having a bunch of average-to-shite wingers (Burke, Phillips, Russell, Snodgrass) to just having Burke, and I'm not quite sure how that's happened.

Like @Craigkilloe said, if we're going for the 4242 formation we should have Jack in there

I assume some people were arsing around on the bbc have your say, there were people saying kierney they thought he was Irish and didn’t know he was scottish.

He wasn’t born in Scotland, so can see why he’s not that fussed and is prioritising EPL.