McDonalds ordering screens, Braehead.

pozbaird

‘Happy to pay more tax’. Sets up company structure in order to actively avoid paying more tax. Interesting.    

The only the reason I recently went down the Ltd company route was so that the business and myself are different legally entities, meaning I won't potentially lose my personal assets if the worst should happen. I was all up for normal tax and less hassle sole trader route otherwise.  This does indeed now give me the option to avoid as much tax as possible, but even then I choose to pay myself a higher taxable salary than I need to, which becomes subject to additional employers contributions. Do I pay myself the absolute maximum? No, but unlike 'normal' employees I don't have somebody else taking all the risks and uncertainty, dealing with the shitey admin on top of the normal day job and handing me a work pension, perhaps also a bonus.

So even when I'm not forced to, I am indeed happy to pay more tax, thank you.

The burgers in the Hard Rock Cafe in Glasgow, and therefore I must also assume Edinburgh, are back to being very good again. For a few years, I think their standards in general dropped. Seem to have had a menu re-vamp, and in a world of strong competition, have upped their game again. Not a place I go a lot, but enjoy it with all the memorabilia and music on the screens. What’s not to like about a burger in front of you, Angus Young’s stage suit behind you, and some decent tunes in your ears?

In a contest for the GOAT burger, the best one I’ve ever had, was in the Old Course hotel in St Andrews. Got a deal there a year or so back for an overnight dinner, bed and breakfast package. Fancied the burger, and it was magnificent.

5 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

The only the reason I recently went down the Ltd company route was so that the business and myself are different legally entities, meaning I won't potentially lose my personal assets if the worst should happen. I was all up for normal tax and less hassle sole trader route otherwise.  This does indeed now give me the option to avoid as much tax as possible, but even then I choose to pay myself a higher taxable salary than I need to, which becomes subject to additional employers contributions. Do I pay myself the absolute maximum? No, but unlike 'normal' employees I don't have somebody else taking all the risks and uncertainty, dealing with the shitey admin on top of the normal day job and handing me a work pension, perhaps also a bonus.

So even when I'm not forced to, I am indeed happy to pay more tax, thank you.

I was only winding you up mate.

On 13/11/2019 at 08:23, pozbaird said:

Shocking, isn’t it? I was prodding away at that McDonalds screen in Braehead for ages, trying to get a 99p burger and a coffee. Got home to find an ‘18 plate Golf sitting on my drive.

How does that work? Do you sing The Sash at it?