Aberdeen v Hamilton

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

McGinn has arguably been our best and most important player this season. We were lost creatively without him last week, and today would have been a complete non-event goalless draw without him stepping up to put the goal on a plate for Cosgrove.

He's been effective in every game I've seen him play this season. Arguably our most consistent performer so far.

God knows where we would be without Niall McGinn. Nice to get the win but f**k me that was a game that would have got football stopped. The lack of entertainment at Pittodrie over the last 18 months has been a real problem. We are genuinely vile to watch and there's little enjoyment just now.

For one of the first times ever, I felt absolutely nothing when Aberdeen scored, not even anger or disappointment. I spent the entire game just expecting us to concede and, of course, lose. Is this what being a San Marino fan feels like?

I couldn't have cared less if we equalised (draws mean f**k-all right now) and it's hard to get excited about a win (it's almost been three months, by the way), because you know it's just going to be followed by a defeat (not won back-to-back games in almost two years and haven't even followed a win with a draw in pretty much the same time).

The structure, or lack of, in attacks and counter-attacks especially would be embarrassing for a Championship team.

I'm not 'Rice out' purely due to apathy - it's the exact same as it was under Canning, so, as a great man once said, what's the fucking point?

On 10/12/2019 at 11:22, Merkland Red said:

Taking the Kids to a Christmas party.

The party was good for anyone interested 👍🏼

Caught most of the first half and the second half when I got home and happy to have missed that. Should have been more comfortable but we missed a couple of decent chances.

Great ball in to the box from McGinn but the marking was terrible from Hamilton.

Derek thought we lost control when Ojo went off for Gallagher. That's why it should have been Campbell.

21 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

For one of the first times ever, I felt absolutely nothing when Aberdeen scored, not even anger or disappointment. I spent the entire game just expecting us to concede and, of course, lose. Is this what being a San Marino fan feels like?

I couldn't have cared less if we equalised (draws mean f**k-all right now) and it's hard to get excited about a win (it's almost been three months, by the way), because you know it's just going to be followed by a defeat (not won back-to-back games in almost two years and haven't even followed a win with a draw in pretty much the same time).

The structure, or lack of, in attacks and counter-attacks especially would be embarrassing for a Championship team.

I'm not 'Rice out' purely due to apathy - it's the exact same as it was under Canning, so, as a great man once said, what's the fucking point?

Dunno if it's the right word but Hamilton just appeared to be too nice. Didn't look like there was much fight in them. At one point Oakley accidentally trips McKenna and goes out of his way to apologise and help him up.

Rice's comments afterwards were strange. Most managers try and talk up how their team played but seems to think you were worth a point.

22 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Dunno if it's the right word but Hamilton just appeared to be too nice. Didn't look like there was much fight in them. At one point Oakley accidentally trips McKenna and goes out of his way to apologise and help him up.

Rice's comments afterwards were strange. Most managers try and talk up how their team played but seems to think you were worth a point.

We're definitely less dirty than we've been in the past - not having Imrie and/or MacKinnon will do that. A decent team can obviously make do without being c***s, but we're not a decent team and need to be organised, baws oot or absolute cloggers and we don't seem to be any of them. 

Rice is strange. He's tried to maintain positivity recently in his interviews, but we're appalling so he just comes across as deluded. I can understand "we just need to keep going" or "keep our heads up" chat, but he seems genuinely satisfied with recent displays and that all we're missing is a little break - that's fucking crazy talk when your team can only muster one shot on target across three of the last four games.

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

We're definitely less dirty than we've been in the past - not having Imrie and/or MacKinnon will do that. A decent team can obviously make do without being c***s, but we're not a decent team and need to be organised, baws oot or absolute cloggers and we don't seem to be any of them. 

Rice is strange. He's tried to maintain positivity recently in his interviews, but we're appalling so he just comes across as deluded. I can understand "we just need to keep going" or "keep our heads up" chat, but he seems genuinely satisfied with recent displays and that all we're missing is a little break - that's fucking crazy talk when your team can only muster one shot on target across three of the last four games.

I thought he was a bizarre appointment but I've been impressed with a lot of the football played the odd time I've seen Hamilton. None of that today fortunately for us.

Didn't see the *** game but from what I heard it was night and day from today.

We didn't look like Accies would lay a glove on us for the first half. The negativity after taking the lead was a bit poor to be honest. 

Thankfully Hamilton are shiter than we are. 

I thought mckenna and Ojo had good games for us and Wilson had some great moments. Mcginn created a lot but was guilty of being way too negative on too many occasions. Ash Taylor had the sort of game I remember Ash Taylor having. Consi please. 

I thought Miller looked good and effective for them and  McGowan caused us problems. Accies were really shit at diving; no more prone to it than any other team just unskilled and massively unconvincing. 

15 years ago I'd have bitten your arm off to win games we "should" win even if it was aesthetically rough. Just need to keep reminding myself of that. 

Horrible game, nothing i saw from us makes me believe we can give Celtic a game.

Crowd never 12k lots of empty seats around me and all season ticket holders.

Should have gone xmas shopping with mrs ,could not have been worse than watching that dross.