ICT v DAFC

Someone had to start it.

I genuinely can't think of an occasion, bar one, where we've picked up more than 3 points away to Inverness. Can someone correct me? 

Tough game again for us. I'd be delighted with a draw. 

37 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Someone had to start it.

I genuinely can't think of an occasion, bar one, where we've picked up more than 3 points away to Inverness. Can someone correct me? 

Isn't 3 points the maximum that can be picked up in any one game?

1 minute ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Isn't 3 points the maximum that can be picked up in any one game?

Meant to say more than one game where we have picked up the full 3 points. I remembered another game, actually, back in 2000 when we got promoted. Genuinely can't think of any other apart from that and another in season 06-07.

5 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Someone had to start it.

We once pumped them so badly they gave us 20 points.

Hopefully it happens again to reignite our fading title dream.

Two seasons ago 5-1 and then 1-0 both at East End Park was the most recent and that's the only league season where there hasn't been a draw.
Here's that game you mentioned

Meant at your own turf, my man.

Would gladly take a draw also, our away form is utterly stinking.
Surely if Edwards, Murray or Lang are available (unlikely) then Devine gets punted.

I'd also get Paton back in the midfield, the defence appeared (highlights only) to have no cover from midfield. Maybe Thomson starts too with Turner shifted onto the left where sadly he's hopeless.

Haven't heard anything on Lang or Murray, so I'm going to assume we won't hear anything until after the new year. We've had no luck with them two this season. Murray looked like one of our best players before he got injured too. 

McDonald or McCann in for Kiltie is surely the logical choice.

Paton in for Cochrane and maybe Thomson for Turner, are both possible changes I’d like to see. If Edwards is fit, I’d put him back in and move Martin back to CB. Going to assume Murray and Lang are both unavailable.

11 minutes ago, RiG said:

Is Anthony McDonald getting a game for you guys at all? Would loved to have seen him back at ICT.

Has been injured, has just made it on the bench the last couple of weeks, would imagine this weekend will be the first time he'll feature. 

Seconded to no McCann out wide, he's a striker. 

Agree on McCann not playing out wide. Something I’ve complained about. I was just meaning the change in terms of personnel. Since McDonald hasn’t played in months, I’m not sure he’s ready to start and I’d be happy to see us go back to 2 up front, with McCann beside Nisbet, with Dow in behind as a 4-3-1-2 type system.

Agree on McCann not playing out wide. Something I’ve complained about. I was just meaning the change in terms of personnel. Since McDonald hasn’t played in months, I’m not sure he’s ready to start and I’d be happy to see us go back to 2 up front, with McCann beside Nisbet, with Dow in behind as a 4-3-1-2 type system.

4-3-2-1 does sound interesting but I think it would stiffle Dow, even when he comes in field he benefits from it not being expected. I think that works better for him than starting centrally and moving wider.

I’d also worry that it would leave our fullbacks exposed, especially if Edwards plays.

If starting McDonald is too much of a risk then I’d prefer thomson to cover the wing especially defensively. He did a job out there last season at times and neither McCann or turner have looked great on the wing

One of my favourite things about this fixture is that two consecutive games - albeit at EEP - finished in a 5-1 win for each side. That surely doesn’t happen very often.

Since that has f**k all to do with today, I’d take a 1-1 draw but I can see Caley Thistle sneaking it, 2-1.