I'm not normally one to give Johnston any wiggle room in terms of pulling out of tackles, but that challenge on him prior to the Airdrie goal is given as a foul 9 times out of ten, regardless of the Airdrie player getting a set of studs on the ball.

It's rare that deflections are aesthetically pleasing but the wee nick to loop the third over Hutton is beautiful. 

Tony Wallace deserves a mention for his performance yesterday. I thought his physical presence done us a real favour and Airdrie's highlights package reveals the value of that at our second goal. Wallace wins a header high up the pitch to put Goodwillie on for the shot while Airdrie's defenders are on their heels. Sometimes a bit of presence is all it takes to nick a goal or two when you can't break a team down by another means.

6 hours ago, Old John said:

Tony Wallace deserves a mention for his performance yesterday. I thought his physical presence done us a real favour and Airdrie's highlights package reveals the value of that at our second goal. Wallace wins a header high up the pitch to put Goodwillie on for the shot while Airdrie's defenders are on their heels. Sometimes a bit of presence is all it takes to nick a goal or two when you can't break a team down by another means.

Can't believe that was the same player winning that header that couldn't get his feet off the ground at Stirling the other week. Must've had a tinnie free Friday evening. Glad he had a good game though and hopefully he can kick on from it.

1 hour ago, C. Muir said:

Can't believe that was the same player winning that header that couldn't get his feet off the ground at Stirling the other week. Must've had a tinnie free Friday evening. Glad he had a good game though and hopefully he can kick on from it.

I did not have team lines and wondered who No 12 was as he was a real asset. I noticed that he appeared to have replaced McStay from the teams on screen so that was a wise decision. Is he the guy who was at Annan last season and started at Dumbarton? We missed some good chances but I now know how Gallagher did not score just on HT-good block by Clyde defender. Interesting that it was Colin Cameron covering the press . Maybe Murray was banned from dressing room area?

Loved Hutton when he was at us, as did full support which makes it more of a pity he acts the why he did / does. Despite probably being at fault for first goal, he did pull off at least 2 great saves in the first half.

Given  the choice now though I’d take Mitchell, has been a terrific signing.

Edited by FREDDYFRY

14 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I did not have team lines and wondered who No 12 was as he was a real asset. I noticed that he appeared to have replaced McStay from the teams on screen so that was a wise decision. Is he the guy who was at Annan last season and started at Dumbarton? We missed some good chances but I now know how Gallagher did not score just on HT-good block by Clyde defender. Interesting that it was Colin Cameron covering the press . Maybe Murray was banned from dressing room area?

Murray was banned from all pre match and post match duties due to his ban, this was basically Cameron's gig on the day.  

45 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Yeah thats him. Other than Partick away in the cup he's been murder until yesterday which is disappointing considering how good he was at Annan.

8 hours ago, TamClyde said:

Mitchell has to be Lennon's best signing with us. He has been so so important for us he's definitely my player of the season so far. Top lad, top keeper.

Agree with that,  what a difference when you get a keeper that can cleanly catch high balls from corners and freekicks,  we've not had that for years.

Well, that was very Airdrie. 

If you only play for ten minutes out of an entire 90 you're very unlikely to get anything out the match and that's exactly what we did. In saying that, from the last ten mins of the first half up until half time we could and really should have scored at least one more goal. If you have a team on the rack the way we did and don't take the opportunity you only have yourselves to blame. 

We slept through the first half hour and despite having an obvious advantage in pace on either side of the park we didn't exploit that often enough. Yes, as soon as they took the lead the Clyde players took as long as they fancied putting the ball back into play but they are in a relegation (playoff, at least) dogfight and have been on an absolutely honking run, so no wonder. It's a sign of how the two teams have been relative to each other over the last month or so and IF I was a clyde fan (heaven forefend) I'd be wanting us to waste time in any winning position as well. A huge 3 points for them in their desperate struggle to avoid second bottom and a much needed halt brought to their recent form. 

Of all the players to have that stroke of halftime chance fall to, every Diamond would want it to be Gal, but alas he was uncharacteristically profligate on Saturday. Had we gone in level having come back from 2 goals down I expect we'd have gone on to win it second half, but we didnae, so we never. A missed opportunity given the Raith result and Falkirk looking resurgent, but two mouth watering games at the top this coming weekend (and a big game in the relegation playoff fight for Clyde to be going into, away to peterhead). 

3-1 at our place, 3-1 at Broadwood. If these two matches are anything to go by, Feb 15th ought to be entertaining if nothing else. Cannae see too many Valentines cards being exchanged between the players, mind you. 

Edited by AndyDD

18 hours ago, Ralstonite said:

The third was a belter.

Hard to tell how good the strike was as it's a deflection, and Hutton was nowhere (to be fair he may have noticed that so thought it was worth the hit) so it's going in an empty net almost. The impressive bit is the way he creates the space and time for himself by using his body to hold/push off the defender. That's where you really see that he is above this level, every other striker in this league would just have tried to hold their ground and got shrugged out the way by the defender, or at best chested it down and kept possession. The way he created something from nothing was quality.