Treble Winners (Celtic) v Sheep worriers (Aberdeen)

24 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Absolutely no surprise at all to see the sheep trying to convince themselves they might have got something from the game if it weren't for the pesky referee.

Aberdeen football club, the biggest of the wee clubs.

Most have been talking about the tackle as an individual incident, nice deflection attempt though.

Nobody is saying would have got something from the game without the red card.At only 1 goal down there’s always a chance and it certainly reduced that chance.

I haven't seen a single Aberdeen poster, Romeo, claim that it influenced the outcome of the game.

Many have even explicitly said that it didn't, and that it was irrelevant to the final score.

What they are saying is that it: A) wasn't a red card and B) certainly wouldn't have been given as one if it had been a Celtic player making the tackle.

On both counts, they're correct - in my opinion.

You keep dancing around this and pretending that they're saying it changed the game or whatever.

My hunch is that you do it because you know that, if you had to come to terms with the fact that referees subconsciously favour Celtic as they are one half of the establishment, the narrative of Celtic being the downtrodden underdogs who have won 50 titles miraculously against the masonic odds would be in tatters.

And so, in turn, the reason to exist for many Celtic fans would be likewise.

Edited by HibsFan

On 19/12/2019 at 19:07, Flybhoy said:

Absolute attention seeking man hating, unfunny fucking bint.

Yet still more worthy of oxygen than you.

Was at that today. Aberdeen utterly awful. However, didn't think it was ever a red.

As an aside, I forgot how utterly depressing it was going to see one of the cheeks. Surrounded by utter vermin.

2 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

What part of the rules state you have to make contact for it to be a foul? 

Do you honestly believe cosgrove is in full control of that tackle?

He obviously recklessly endangered a patch of air a foot or two in front of Ajer, the psycho. 

Should have done a full blooded late headbutt like Boyata on GMS. I remember all the bhoys being all concerned about recklessness and danger then right enough, the hypocrites. 

Edited by coprolite

There's no doubt that Cosgrove went flying in with a lot of force.
My issue with it, is the fact that Ajer actually has quite a heavy touch of the ball and is reaching (with his non standing leg, obviously) for his next touch. At which point Cosgrove has already tackled the ball away and the only contact made is on the top of Ajers foot (which is in the air reaching for his next touch), from Cosgroves trailing knee.
If Ajer was fully in control of the ball (or the ball was actually under him when the tackle was made), I would have no complaints, but I also don't think Cosgrove wouldn't have made the challenge without knowing he would win the ball as cleanly as he did.
That's only clear in slow-mo though, and in real time we're talking mili seconds, so if Cosgrove doesn't time it as well as he did, it could have been very ugly and much more clear cut.
Either way it was naive of him and he gave the ref a decision to make. He does have a track record of getting overly feisty in some games (Post split away to Killie last season).
Reckon we'll see similar challenges over the course of the season which will be ignored.