PS4 Controller Problem

Gaz

My PS4 controller stopped working earlier. The D-Pad was working fine but not the circle, square, triangle, x buttons.

Did some Googling and saw it might be down to some grime in the controller. Took it apart, no dirt / grime / grease to be seen, put it back together, still not working, so seems to be gubbed.

Borrowed a controller from my sister and it won't connect. I connect it to the PS4 via USB and switch it on, but when I get to the "Press PS button to use controller" screen I press the button and nothing happens apart from the light bar on the controller flashing.

Any ideas?

Cheers all. Ended up borrowing one from my sister and it worked absolutely fine. Took my controller apart to see if it was gunked up or anything. No issues so it just seems to be gubbed.

Cheers all. Ended up borrowing one from my sister and it worked absolutely fine. Took my controller apart to see if it was gunked up or anything. No issues so it just seems to be gubbed.
Usually your local phone repair type shop can fix broken controllers, might be cheaper than buying a new one or handy for a 2nd controller.

• 1 year later...