Coronavirus (COVID-19)

21 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Not really.  Boots weren’t even open; restricted hours!

Only reason (excuse) for a chemist having restricted hours just now is staff shortages.

No it isn't. Massively increased workload and wanting to limit staff exposure are reasons as well.

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

No it isn't. Massively increased workload and wanting to limit staff exposure are reasons as well.

Possibly the first, but you won’t limit staff exposure by having the same number of folk come through in a more limited timeframe.  Arguably more exposure through increased social distancing logistics.

Breaking (Sky) News....

Prince Charles is working at his desk as usual this morning - he has received many get well soon messages by digital means, and several get well soon cards.

I can't begin to describe how relieved I am to hear this news.

When the Health Minister, Edward Argar, was asked by Sky’s Kay Burley why Prince Charles was being tested when health workers weren’t he responded by saying health workers were going to get free parking!

2 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Breaking (Sky) News....

Prince Charles is working at his desk as usual this morning - he has received many get well soon messages by digital means, and several get well soon cards.

I can't begin to describe how relieved I am to hear this news.

I'll bet.

1 hour ago, cyderspaceman said:

Supermarkets work on 'just in time' deliveries (afaik) to avoid having enormous stock rooms. They've got it down to a fine art. It doesn't bear thinking about if this Covid had happened after a hard brexit with delays at the border.  These stupid panicking bastids would really have fcked us you all up in a far worse fashion.

Look to the future, it's only just begun.

It quite clearly isn’t ‘down to a fine art’ if people having the temerity to buy more things means that they can’t keep essential goods reliably in stock a fortnight afterwards.

Just been to Tesco for some essentials. Great social distancing practices employed by @G_Man1985 and the team. Limited shoppers, plenty demarcation lines etc. Hope they keep this up when this all passes, delighted not to have to battle past auld fuckers nattering and blocking aisles up. I hate being around the general public because on the whole they're morons so that was an all round pleasant experience.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Not really.  Boots weren’t even open; restricted hours!

Only reason (excuse) for a chemist having restricted hours just now is staff shortages.

Boots at mine is getting 3x the normal requests for prescriptions. People stocking up. 

Last time I was there they had about double the normal staff on and were serving from the door. It was queued round the block from opening to closing (1-6)

Eta: staff in from 8am processing scripts, shop opened at 1 to the public. 

Edited by madwullie

Just now, madwullie said:

Boots at mine is getting 3x the normal requests for prescriptions. People stocking up. 

Last time I was there they had about double the normal staff on and were serving from the door. It was queued round the block from opening to closing (1-6)

Can people ‘stock up’ on prescriptions.  Our doctor will only prescribe at an appropriate time after the previous one.  They’re very strict about that.

2 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Just wait until the Coronavirus "vaccine" is released.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Can people ‘stock up’ on prescriptions.  Our doctor will only prescribe at an appropriate time after the previous one.  They’re very strict about that.

Seems they are. Girl from another local boots posted a pile of scripts that were needing processed that morning on fb (probably not great idea I know) and she said it was 3x.normal workload. 🤷‍♂️ No reason to disbelieve her. 

Tbh I'm at the chemist most days and I can't fault the girls working there. Professional, service with a smile and they're wearing no protection from the virus. Obv they all want pumped as well. 

Just now, madwullie said:

Seems they are. Girl from another local boots posted a pile of scripts that were needing processed that morning on fb (probably not great idea I know) and she said it was 3x.normal workload. 🤷‍♂️ No reason to disbelieve her. 

Tbh I'm at the chemist most days and I can't fault the girls working there. Professional, service with a smile and they're wearing no protection from the virus. Obv they all want pumped as well. 

For the record I’m not having a pop at people working in Boots or anywhere else.  I simply said restricted hours for a chemist at this time is a bit bizarre.

1 minute ago, madwullie said:

All mad fur wullie. 

Loads of folk will be getting all their repeats in early though, getting everything that's on their list (which is often quite substantial).

It'll be about a surge in repeats, guaranteed.

2 minutes ago, madwullie said:

^^^ Methadone Mick