Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Steven W said:

Absolutely not! I share the same opinion on Johnson as you.

However there needs to be a briefing with a bit more positivty sometime, just to give us all a little hope. Knowing what she knew about the app I would have to thought yesterday may have been an opportunity.

Like I say, merely my opinion

Unfortunately, there's absolutely fúck all to be positive about at the moment. The testing figures are proven as lies yet still accepted by the media, and now the app which will save us all is set up as a massive data harvester. Tens of thousands dying, and these cúnts' reponse is to see how they can turn a profit. I fucking despair of an electorate who handed this lot total control, despite knowing what they were like.

Find me a reason for positivity, and I'll be the first one dancing in the street (or front garden, at least). This is absolute shite at the moment, and any kind of return to normality is a long way off.  Sure, we'll probably come out the other end, but at what cost? We, or others we know, are going to lose jobs, homes, loved ones, relationships, even their lives.

On ‎02‎/‎05‎/‎2020 at 07:22, Granny Danger said:

These have probably been reposted already, but I’m bored and they are still funny.

Yup, been posted already. I've admitted it was a poor take. My uncle dying of it actually made me think back to those comments and how idiotic they were at the time and even more so how idiotic they look now.

I wish it did all blow over like I thought it would tbh haha.

2 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Unfortunately, there's absolutely fúck all to be positive about at the moment. The testing figures are proven as lies yet still accepted by the media, and now the app which will save us all is set up as a massive data harvester. Tens of thousands dying, and these cúnts' reponse is to see how they can turn a profit. I fucking despair of an electorate who handed this lot total control, despite knowing what they were like.

Find me a reason for positivity, and I'll be the first one dancing in the street (or front garden, at least). This is absolute shite at the moment, and any kind of return to normality is a long way off.  Sure, we'll probably come out the other end, but at what cost? We, or others we know, are going to lose jobs, homes, loved ones, relationships, even their lives.

I came out with stuff like this last week and got and got well and truly slaughtered

5 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:
1 minute ago, staggy1929 said:

Yup, been posted already. I've admitted it was a poor take. My uncle dying of it actually made me think back to those comments and how idiotic they were at the time and even more so how idiotic they look now.

I wish it did all blow over like I thought it would tbh haha.

Sorry to hear about your uncle.

I very rarely make forecasts on P&B, particularly football ones!  They invariably come back to bite you then some smug arsehole points them out and laughs.

10 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Interesting language from Hancock, where he suggests that it is the 'duty' of everyone to download and use this App. 

'Duty' of course implies 'patriotism'. 

I would hate to think that we're one step further down the road where we have to dutifully believe the UK government, and any criticism of them or their actions is seen as 'unpatriotic'. 

Won't be long before the Night of the App Clap.

Just now, staggy1929 said:

I deserve to be called out for an entirely uneducated opinion about it, so I'm not too bothered at people bringing it up.

If people on P&B only posted educated opinions the forum would have closed down years ago.

3 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

They'll only close the stable doors once the horse has bolted.

12 f****** minutes...

P&B needs to up its game, imho.

4 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I got as far as this one below and realised as I was nearly asleep that we were all being educated by your brilliant intuitive guesswork.

Indeed you are definitely not a scientist. :lol:

Coming from the guy who triumphantly shut me down with a post along the lines of

'You are wrong that it could have slipped under the radar unnoticed because at the time we didn't know about it'

That's quite a post.

I'm more than happy to admit i am much more likely to be wrong than i am right. I think that is fairly obvious. You, on the other hand, point blank refuse to entertain even the slightest idea that it's possible.

Everyone (well, not quite everyone) seems to have went from stockpiling bog rolls to building new fences or decking areas. Been overwhelmed by orders for it since we started back yesterday. 

12 minutes ago, Steven W said:

As has White Rose Killie

He said tens of thousands would die (which we know they have) and that some people we know will become jobless and homeless which is again possibly true (many will but I personally doubt any of my friends or family will become homeless)

What you said was ludicrous hyperbole where the only thing facing the entire population was joblessness and homelessness or death.  You're now asking for some upbeat joviality from the FM. 

Edited by Am Featha Taigh Nan Clach

44 deaths in Scotland.

The lowest total for the first day following a weekend or holiday Monday since March 31st, and the first time the figure announced on a Tuesday has been equal to or lower than the figure announced on a Saturday since the outbreak began

Edited by Todd_is_God

Jenny Harries, deputy CMO for England, has told the Commons Health Select Committee that the decision to abandon testing for anyone but the most ill in late March was down to capacity issues. ‘If we had unlimited capacity we would have done differently’, she said.

At the time she said it was ‘not an appropriate mechanism’ to continue testing on a wider scale.

Following the science?

Just now, Paco said:

Jenny Harries, deputy CMO for England, has told the Commons Health Select Committee that the decision to abandon testing for anyone but the most ill in late March was down to capacity issues. ‘If we had unlimited capacity we would have done differently’, she said.

At the time she said it was ‘not an appropriate mechanism’ to continue testing on a wider scale.

Following the science?

I expect the politicians to lie.  It’s worrying when the non-partisan ‘experts’ are caught out contradicting earlier statements.