Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Absolutely. But it should not be the driving force behind lockdown policy.

They should be noted and reflected on as for those who lose loved ones in care homes it is tragic, but we should discuss and report on the trend and deaths in hospitals only.

An virus rampaging through care homes should not be the reason people cannot visit family and friends.

I agree. The government should nationalise the sector if providers can't guarantee resident safety.

21 minutes ago, bendan said:

Yes, but wouldn't that imply that ordinary people had more of an interest in getting things up and running than Viscount Rothermere? 

I agree with this but ascribing sensible motives to this Viscount Rothermere (assume he's a stand in for the billionaire class) is inadvisable given billionaires are uniformly psychopathic money hoarders.

Obviously doesn't know he's living across the road from a high class curtain twitcher. 

Mentioned earlier in the thread that it's a quiet street and you notice when a car is going past. 8/10 times hear the car and look towards the window. Yep same car.
I have no idea who lives in the house until today when I was out doing the garden and spotted him coming out.
It's not a huge issue but some folk have been taking the piss big time while the majority have been staying in.
Without being too dramatic it could result in other people dying so forgive me if I develop a hatred for bampots being selfish.

There's a part of that article which, if true, would sum up the British response perfectly.
Having missed the boat on testing, we then spent millions on temporary hospitals which could have been used to isolate Covid-19 patients from the rest of the hospital population, only to then not use them.

This must have been questioned!?? Why spend millions on additional capacity up and down the country and the opportunity to isolate Covid-19 patients, then continue to treat them in facilities already busy caring for those who are vulnerable with other health concerns?
Not only continuing to expose all staff, whilst diverting and diluting other staff resource (read that it was 180 staff to 35 Patients at the 4,000 bed Nightingale Hospital in London) and leave it pretty much empty, eventually mothballing it. This isn’t hindsight for the planners surely?

41 minutes ago, Detournement said:

It was care home deaths that had Sweden surging to start with.

The care home situation is going to be difficult to resolve. 

Yes, they admitted they made an arse of it with regards to care homes. 

Edited by ayrmad

1 hour ago, Wee Bully said:

The politics of envy.

Someone should do something,  Just not me.

^^^forelock-tugging, bootlicker, basking in the reflected wealth of the billionaire class

30 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Absolutely. But it should not be the driving force behind lockdown policy.

They should be noted and reflected on as for those who lose loved ones in care homes it is tragic, but we should discuss and report on the trend and deaths in hospitals only.

An virus rampaging through care homes should not be the reason people cannot visit family and friends.

Nah, can't agree with that nonsense, I'd be highly offended if my loved ones death was swept under the carpet, luckily for me I've no oldies to worry about now. 

Don't think the situation in care homes will have much bearing on lockdown restrictions. 

Is tonight's pots and pans shanfest set to celebrate having Europe's highest death toll or its most useless failure of a lockdown?
Most have even forgotten what its about and it's pretty much become a virtue signaling piece of nonsense.

Give them ppe not this pish

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

Nah, can't agree with that nonsense, I'd be highly offended if my loved ones death was swept under the carpet, luckily for me I've no oldies to worry about now. 

Don't think the situation in care homes will have much bearing on lockdown restrictions. 

If they're including care home cases in the R0 figures then it absolutely does. 

1 minute ago, SweeperDee said:

Aye, okay. emoji23.png

The government are paying the wages of 25% workers and throwing about hundreds of billions of QE. There is no reason it can't be done and would probably be cost neutral long term when you consider how much care home owners extract from the state.

11 minutes ago, virginton said:

Is tonight's pots and pans shanfest set to celebrate having Europe's highest death toll or its most useless failure of a lockdown?

I'll ask Sheila later. Or the boy across the road with the fag hingin' out the mooth.  Or Mrs Cathro (in her jim-jams last week).

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

If they're including care home cases in the R0 figures then it absolutely does. 

My last sentence covers that. 

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Don't do as I do, do as I say.

You must be a politician or a Windsor family member.

1 hour ago, ayrmad said:

Just get ICU capacity up to a level that allows us to get this over in done after one complete easing of lockdown, those in vulnerable groups can without penalty carry on as is if they wish. 

I'm in a vulnerable group so whit dae ye mean?

3 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

You must be a politician or a Windsor family member.

I'm in a vulnerable group so whit dae ye mean?

You can continue shielding if you wish whilst still receiving any financial benefits you're due. 

Edited by ayrmad

Just now, Wee Willie said:

Fair do's but my worry is when can I be unshielded ?

In all honesty, that will be your call at some point in the future, lockdown or otherwise isn't really your starting point.