Coronavirus (COVID-19)

In two days, the country will start on the first steps to removing the lockdown.
We should be focussing on that good news story instead of obsessing over whatever trivial nonsense is happening in London.
Thanks for that valuable contribution, but the serious posters can deal with things right now.

The people who have no shame are those who are using bereaved families and their dreadful experiences to score political points against Cummings.
Any right to the moral high ground was lost at that point.
This is finished. He's staying in his job.
No doubt something else will happen soon for the faux outrage brigade to attach to.
Hypocrisy does love a cause.
What a fuss over nothing.

f**k off you scumbag c**t.

Tbh unless we stayed in lockdown forever, there is always a risk of a second wave. I’m sure [mention=2588]Todd_is_God[/mention] posted something a few days back about countries already 3 or 4 weeks out of lockdown and there being no great “second wave”

Aye but those countries actually did ‘lockdown’ swiftly, correctly and in a meaningful manner which is why they’ve had minimal secondary transmission, we’ve fucking played at it. This is the british exceptionalism coming out.

11 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

In two days, the country will start on the first steps to removing the lockdown.

We should be focussing on that good news story instead of obsessing over whatever trivial nonsense is happening in London.

You don't think what is "happening in London" is significant?

I wonder why Tories up here are suddenly wanting to distance themselves from Westminster...

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

People in England are allowed to go to the beach and meet people from outside their household. 

Someone in Scotland raging at imaginary English people sitting too close together on an imaginary beach is ripe for taking the piss out of.  

I don't think they're imaginary, they're on the TV and everything.

18 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:

IMG_20200526_194926.jpeg

Good lord

37 minutes ago, virginton said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-52800743

All we need to do now is roll it out further into all common public spaces and get the current, hopelessly impractical social distancing nonsense in the bin.

If people wont socially distance they wont wear a mask.

3 minutes ago, Lambie's Pigeon Feed said:

If people wont socially distance they wont wear a mask.

If it was optional but advised you are probably right.

Make it mandatory and they would IMO.

11 minutes ago, mwellhighland said:

Can people suggest the best place online for reading news?

Also, what's everyone's go to for watching the news? Channel 4?

I've always been BBC by default but feel I need to change that...

Euronews

13 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Getting embarrassed to keep doing this, but I don't see how this sequence of tweets is biased.

I'm not bothered by the tweets. Fairly certain the "wallet inspector" scene has been mentioned on here a few times and I like that someone has actually gone ahead and made a video if it. That's all.

Edited by RiG

56 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Couple of hospitals in England had to shut their A&E departments because of spikes of covid cases 2 weeks after the VE day celebrations. I think it's too early to be confident about anything.

Context is everything

Sounds more like the increase in infections came from within the hospital than from outwith.

There's also this but no context of how those numbers compare to other hospitals

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/somerset-news/weston-hospital-coronavirus-covid-somerset-4162300.amp?__twitter_impression=true

The media are desperate for a spike it seems.

Edited by Todd_is_God

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

The people who have no shame are those who are using bereaved families and their dreadful experiences to score political points against Cummings.

No doubt something else will happen soon for the faux outrage brigade to attach to.

attention+seeking.jpg

5 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Context is everything

Sounds more like the increase in infections came from within the hospital than from outwith.

The media are desperate for a spike it seems.

I’m not sure how you’ve got to that conclusion from that tweet?

It seems like you’re desperate for any spikes that do actually happen to not be related to an event where the public gathered in numbers. I wonder why that is.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

I’m only going to entertain one of your points as you are clearly fishing or perhaps hard of thinking. 

Bereaved families very much have the moral high ground in this shit show and to infer they have no shame is shameful on your part. 

But I suspect with your rod in your hand you know this.