Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

I won't be finding out how they're adapting as i'm going to be boycotting martin's wee empire after his behaviour and business "remedies" during this covid-19 crisis.  Hopefully, many will do likewise and hurt the f**ker financially.

Sadly the ones who frequent Wetherspoons pubs are the same ones saying COVID is a 5G hoax and voted for Brexit. They will continue to go there as it's cheap and "British" and that's all they need.

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Sadly the ones who frequent Wetherspoons pubs are the same ones saying COVID is a 5G hoax and voted for Brexit. They will continue to go there as it's cheap and "British" and that's all they need.

Hopefully his business model of bulk buying barrels of beers/ales with a relatively short shelf life has meant that he's been left with lots of lost stock since March.

If there is a god out there . . . . . . . . . . .

Who knows, all those pubs closing every year might need to reopen just to cope with a new business model of distributed customer base, rather than the Spoonies model of packing them in a barn.... one pub per 20 people, think Leslie used to be able to boast that kind of pub per head count.

Reopening on a members only basis could be an intermediary step.

15 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

WHO: spread from people without symptoms is rare.
https://apnews.com/5a983189412c8383c74d1425719975c7

Crazy. A bit late for this when we're past the worst of it.

It is useful for coming out of lockdowns though.

The fear has generally been that asymptomatic carriers were the danger, particularly when easing lockdown measures.

If it is the case that transmission from asymptomatic carriers is rare it goes someway to explaining why easing restrictions hasn't caused an explosion of cases across Europe.

The fear has generally been that asymptomatic carriers were the danger, particularly when easing lockdown measures.
If it is the case that transmission from asymptomatic carriers is rare it goes someway to explaining why easing restrictions hasn't caused an explosion of cases across Europe.
The advice really needs to end up being, if you feel ill get tested, stay home and away from others if positive.

End.

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The advice really needs to end up being, if you feel ill get tested, stay home and away from others if positive.

End.

I mean, yes 😂

But it would increase the speed of getting back to normal if people weren't constantly worried that the perfectly normal looking person next to them might kill them.

36 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Reopening on a members only basis could be an intermediary step.

Right now I would pay Norwegian prices for a table served pint of T in a beer garden.

9 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I mean, yes 😂

But it would increase the speed of getting back to normal if people weren't constantly worried that the perfectly normal looking person next to them might kill them.

Christmas morning will hopefully arrive Todd. But it's still early June. 

Back to bed and calm the f**k doon for a wee bit... 

3 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Yeah i wasn't referring to you willie. Someone had said that on stv there was a report that said shielding folk were outraged.

I'm 39 and got a shielding letter. There are a lot of us young folk with severe illnesses of all types.

I made my decision based on the fact that my condition doesn't in any way affect my lungs. And there was no way i was going to shield myself from my wife and 2 young ones (as stated in the letter). We talked it through, understood the risks, and decided to follow our own careful path. I go out about once a week.

I ken ye werenae referring tae me.

I posted earlier that some dick (Telegraph) had said tae the First Minister that there were a lot of extremely angry folk who were shielding.

I dinnae ken how he kens that. Nae bugger asked me.

Nicola replied that folk who were shielding were vulnerable and that's why they were shielding.

Our ages and circumstances are all different. you have a wife and twa bairns while I live alone.

I'm deaf so I'm no sociable anyway. It suits me to be on my own so I can talk to myself (and frequently do).

And, of course any decisions I make are only for me whereas you have family decisions to make.

3 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

My wife and I were saying the same. Mind you, we can't really do very much fast with my COPD and her rheumatoid arthritis...

Again you are a couple so different decisions than me. But my point is that when the First Minister tells me that I can go oot, I'll decide if and when.

Incidentally I bide in a big building with 60 apartments for sheltered housing. My window looks on to a court at the back of the building and I can watch loads of folk heading out or coming in. Not one of them is wearing a mask. It's been like that since day one.

1 hour ago, hearthammer said:

Unfortunately, this arsehole epitomises the strength of feeling held by many dann saff with regards to Scotland and, indeed, the rest of the universe.

May he walk the streets safely, post court case.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-52967650

He sounds like a complete p***k, especially after reading about his previous "brush with the law" back in 2018.

40 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

The numbers in intensive care are possibly the best guide as to how serious any situation is, as anything less than this is most certainly manageable in a BAU process.

The actual number of infections or any speculation on such is basically inconsequential if the symptoms are manageable in the vast majority of the population, if however we suddenly get a spate of patients requiring serious hospital treatment then it's clear that we've got problems ahead and possibly indefinitely and it's then the tough political decisions will need to be made.