Coronavirus (COVID-19)

No harm at all. We're just discussing the scenario that Scotland is in a position to move faster than the rest of the UK.
I'm agreeing with you, but I'm just failing to see why we can't somehow open pubs before England, which seems to be the suggestion.

I'm not being deliberately thick, it's a genuine question.

1 minute ago, H Wragg said:

I'm agreeing with you, but I'm just failing to see why we can't somehow open pubs before England, which seems to be the suggestion.

I'm not being deliberately thick, it's a genuine question.

I think the thought process is that people in North of England would travel over the border for a pint. You had folk on here saying they'd be booking flights to London if they opened first so it's not as crazy as it sounds.

I would hope common sense will prevail though and we'll move on at the pace that suits us.

24 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Wouldn't she get slaughtered for saying something like that? If she said we were ready to move on but England were holding us back, folk in Scotland would see it as a green light to move to the next phase anyway and the press would go to town on the "Sturgeon causing division across the UK" line.

Probably, which would be ridiculous.

If it is the case, and it isn't communicated, it means the SNP will take the blame for the job losses etc as a result of lockdown lasting longer than it needed. This might have an impact come the election.

There are parts of Scotland that recorded 0 cases and 0 deaths last week. It simply isn't right that those areas cannot begin to kickstart their local economies if the picture is the same next week.

She said she was optomistic about moving on to phase 2, at least in part, next Friday.
Glancing through the routemap there are only 2 things most of us really care about in phase 2 - meeting with another household indoors being the main one, with bars, restaurants and cafés being able to open outdoor areas being the other. Be bitterly disappointing if they are pushed back another 3 weeks tbh.

Smaller retail outlets can open up as well

10 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Probably, which would be ridiculous.

If it is the case, and it isn't communicated, it means the SNP will take the blame for the job losses etc as a result of lockdown lasting longer than it needed. This might have an impact come the election.

There are parts of Scotland that recorded 0 cases and 0 deaths last week. It simply isn't right that those areas cannot begin to kickstart their local economies if the picture is the same next week.

Yep, this is how it happened in Italy. Some areas opened up quicker than others.

Johnson introducing bubbles into England to allow people who live alone to stay over with others.

The more I see the strategy down there, the more I think it’s herd immunity dressed as a lockdown lifting

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:
21 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:
15th July for tourism. Get the flights booked. Happy days.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-scotland-52921503

Where in Scotland are you flying to?

I want to leave.  Prefer not to have 14 day in doors when I come back. 

6 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Johnson introducing bubbles into England to allow people who live alone to stay over with others.

The more I see the strategy down there, the more I think it’s herd immunity dressed as a lockdown lifting

Everytime bad news comes out he eases restrictions to get peoples minds off it 😉

12 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:
She said she was optomistic about moving on to phase 2, at least in part, next Friday.
Glancing through the routemap there are only 2 things most of us really care about in phase 2 - meeting with another household indoors being the main one, with bars, restaurants and cafés being able to open outdoor areas being the other. Be bitterly disappointing if they are pushed back another 3 weeks tbh.

Smaller retail outlets can open up as well

I'm not particularly bothered about smaller retail outlets tbh. It's welcome for the staff, but it's not much to get excited about

So, presumably social distancing doesn't apply if you’re staying with someone “in the bubble” 

Does this mean couples that live separate can get back to some sort of normality?

Edited by TheGoon

25 minutes ago, mizfit said:

The amount of new cases remains on a very clear downward trend.

Everytime bad news comes out he eases restrictions to get peoples minds off it [emoji6]

Cummins has gone on another drive and they’re covering for him again aren’t they?

2 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Cummins has gone on another drive and they’re covering for him again aren’t they?

Prof Neil Ferguson was interviewed by a select cmtee today in westminster,basically said if boris had shut down a week earlier the death rate would be halved 

Edited by doulikefish