Coronavirus (COVID-19)

That seems a bit of a reach tbh. The virus on its own would not be harming the economy anywhere near as much as the restrictions are.

The example Devi Sridhar gives to support this claim - that some states in the US which relaxed did not see a bounceback - fails to take into account that when Governments etc spend months telling people not to do something because it's dangerous and deadly, that people might be reluctant to immediately believe that is no longer the case.

It would likely have some effect, but the biggest impact has undeniably been caused by the reaction from governments, and the restrictions put in place.

52 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Chinese said it was airborne in February.

https://www.thailandmedical.news/news/china-officially-announces-that-the-coronavirus-can-be-airborne-and-can-be-conditionally-spread-via-aerosol-transmission-

I remember this because it was a game changer. Pretty sure the YouTube doctor mentioned this. Watched him at the start of the outbreak.
The uk made a complete arse of everything and ignored all advice.

I think when you said ‘UK’ you actually meant most of the western world. 

33 minutes ago, madwullie said:

I read it. But you didn't show that in what you said. Where is the comparison? How much was it last year? What were patients admitted with last year? How many? Is just over 100 a lot for wherever this is? I'm guessing none at all were admitted with covid, so you're saying that there are more covid admissions this year between April and May than there were last year but without showing any evidence from last year ? 

That graph only shows number of patients admitted somewhere with covid in a six week period, yet you're trying to say it shows a comparison year on year of... I'm not entirely sure what. 

I mean, you actually say that hardly any covid admissions were with covid, yet that's not really what the graph shows at all. 

Anyone might think that's why he never links the source of his material. I know I do.

8 minutes ago, madwullie said:

NHS Lanarkshire currently have over 200 covid patients, more than they had at the peak of the first wave, and numbers are rising. 

20201021_194556.jpg

200 people with a positive PCR test =/= 200 covid patients.

7 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

That seems a bit of a reach tbh. The virus on its own would not be harming the economy anywhere near as much as the restrictions are.

The example Devi Sridhar gives to support this claim - that some states in the US which relaxed did not see a bounceback - fails to take into account that when Governments etc spend months telling people not to do something because it's dangerous and deadly, that people might be reluctant to immediately believe that is no longer the case.

It would likely have some effect, but the biggest impact has undeniably been caused by the reaction from governments, and the restrictions put in place.

Aweferfuxache... 

27 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

200 people with a positive PCR test =/= 200 covid patients.

Not sure why this is relevant? 

Does it say they had a positive pcr test? Presumably they're not admitting asymptomatic or mildly ill people. 

They say they're treating over 200 patients for covid. What are you suggesting they're doing? I don't really see what difference the semantics makes. 

I can't for the life of me work out how to link to the video 

20201021_202209.jpg

Edited by madwullie

10 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Not sure why this is relevant? 

Does it say they had a positive pcr test? Presumably they're not admitting asymptomatic or mildly ill people. 

They say they're treating over 200 patients for covid. What are you suggesting they're doing? I don't really see what difference the semantics makes. 

I can't for the life of me work out how to link to the video 

20201021_202209.jpg

No, but if you need to go into hospital for any reason, you get tested.

Far from being semantic, there is a world of difference between treating 200 people for Covid, and treating 200 people with Covid.

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

Well you certainly do here.

Is that not the same here?

Screenshot_20201021-204018_Opera.jpg

Overnight or for surgery isn't for any reason. I'm not sure of the rules here, but I've never been tested. Used to be that all patients over 70 were tested here, that might have increased.

Just now, welshbairn said:

Overnight or for surgery isn't for any reason. I'm not sure of the rules here, but I've never been tested. Used to be that all patients over 70 were tested here, that might have increased.

The bottom image covers the rest. 

This is an absolute game changer when it comes to shitey paywalls like The Telegraph. Works for all major newspapers, just download it as a Chrome extension (I use the Firefox version so I'm sure there's a version to suit your browser)
https://github.com/iamadamdev/bypass-paywalls-chrome

Or refresh the page page and stop before it fully loads.

You still see the full articles then.

Or refresh the page page and stop before it fully loads.

You still see the full articles then.

Is there any way of doing that on a mobile?

(Android. Chrome app)

Edit - Worked it out. Thanks for the tip.

Bit of a game changer.

I see the "red dot" moron squad are out in force today, thankfully I've had them (and their team) on ignore for quite some time now which gives an all round better forum experience for all.
I have most of them on ignore now.

Bar one they don't have an original thought between them as they play pass the brain cell.

8 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

I thought the 26th of October was a definitive end date for hospitality closures..... as opposed to the usual review and extend. 

I thought at the time restrictions were announced that there was no way they’d end on the 26th. I always thought they’d extend it week by week so there would be no outcry. Just like people accepted a near 5 month lockdown because they were spoon fed extensions, rather than have the Govt say in March that we’d be in a 5 month lockdown and people would have been outraged