Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Amazing she was able to find a pub that was actually open. The ones here have been shut since Oct even though they were allowed to open but only serve soft drinks 🙄

I thought it was a funeral do. They can open for those, you can drink as well, I'm  told by a professional mourner I know.

7 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Can confirm this to be the case. Pic quite clearly looks as though shes sitting at a table just out of the shot and has stood to say something to the two old dears who may have struggled to hear her?? 
Absolutely no one would ever be fined for this.

Yes thats what I was getting at, the sun trying a holier than thou act really is tiresome. And you're right perhaps she was trying to comfort the old ladies one of whom has just lost a son and she couldn't do so with a muffled voice.

Yes thats what I was getting at, the sun trying a holier than thou act really is tiresome. And you're right perhaps she was trying to comfort the old ladies one of whom has just lost a son and she couldn't do so with a muffled voice.
It's totally unbelievable that in a situation where so few people are allowed at funerals, a mourner, having been close enough to the deceased to actually get to attend, then "pays their respects" by sitting, camera at the ready, trying to get a clandestine snap of another mourner in the hope they break restrictions. Having succeeded, that they would then contact newspapers in an attempt to (presumably) sell the picture that is actually showing other mourners at the wake is simply incomprehensible to me. WTF goes through someone like that's mind ? What a fucking roaster.

I'm giving the Scum the benefit of the doubt with the above version of events. If they actually sent a photographer to try to get that picture from outside a private funeral then they are even lower than I ever thought. Surely has to be the former scenario ?

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:
14 minutes ago, 101 said:

It's totally unbelievable that in a situation where so few people are allowed at funerals, a mourner, having been close enough to the deceased to actually get to attend, then "pays their respects" by sitting, camera at the ready, trying to get a clandestine snap of another mourner in the hope they break restrictions. Having succeeded, that they would then contact newspapers in an attempt to (presumably) sell the picture that is actually showing other mourners at the wake is simply incomprehensible to me. WTF goes through someone like that's mind ? What a fucking roaster.

I doubt it was anyone at the wake more likely a member of the public who was in the hotel.

Doesn't seem to be much information on this new strain of the virus and why the whole country needs to shut down for three weeks. From what I've gathered ground zero for the new strain is in Gammon central, the south east of England, what have these fat bigots been eating?

Jellied eels.

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:

I'm not so sure. Usually a wake would be in a private function room and it looks close, as if taken from another table.

Either scenario is pathetic

Agreed. However if you think sending a reporter to a funeral to get a picture would even make the top 100 most disgusting things the British media have done, then you’d be surprised.

3 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Agreed. However if you think sending a reporter to a funeral to get a picture would even make the top 100 most disgusting things the British media have done, then you’d be surprised.

The thing that annoyed me was at the funeral they said where the wake was and there was no need to do that because of the restricted numbers. 

9 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

I don't know what's worse tbh, that someone has taken that photo and sent it to the paper, or that the paper thinks it's a story.

If it's not a story it's done well to take up a few pages here already. 

Interesting route to get to Mexico- via Greenland.
Unless the pilot's navigator is the same guy who drew the UK's route map out of Covid

This is how planes fly.

It’s quicker to fly around the poles than around the wider circumference parts of the earth.

Don’t believe me? Grab an apple and pretend it’s the earth. Imagine where the UK and Mexico would sit on the globe.